August 30, 2014 | 983 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup *new formula*

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by TheLovelyWrittenTruth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this product on a whim because I needed a new foundation that came in my shade and wasn't very pricey. I got it for around six dollars at a drug store. At first I thought it would be very good, especially with all the good reviews I've seen this get. The first thing I noticed was the smell--it was strong to say the least, however I didn't mind it that much. I found that it applied onto my skin decently well; it wasn't too difficult but it made my skin look very shiny and feel very sticky afterwards. You can't, I repeat can't, use this without a powder of some sort on top.
All in all it looked very cakey and I was not impressed at all.
I checked to see how it looked after about two hours, and it looked a bit better then it did before. More natural I suppose, however it was oxidizing a little.
I noticed that my nose looked a little bit shiny by the end of the day, but the rest of the foundation started to look better then it did when I first put it on.
In all, the cons were:
-the smell
-doesn't offer too much coverage for redness or for pimples
Pros:
-it looks less cakey as the day progressed, or at least for me it did
-decent for it's price
If you're looking for something cheap to buy, this is for you. However the quality also matches the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by la18la

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS
I was in a beauty rut... trying to battle dry winter skin while also dealing with new wrinkles at age 29.
I tried physician formula bb cream and thought it was too thick and unflattering. I tried my favorite moisturizer under my favorite mk foundation and found it covered, but didn't leave me looking good.

Enter cg clean makeup which I had used in the past (sensitive amd oil control). I just got the same regular one, applied over my hg moisturizer and have had dewey, very flattering coverage without feeling heavy at all. Has not caused me any breakouts. Is even better with a dab of powder on my tzone

I feel beautiful again!

I will plug my fave moisturizer just because I think it's so amazing how it fixes my skin, and almost works as a primer, filling in my dry skim with large pores. Target brand, up & up (olay knock off) w red cap, sensitive skin. My hg

Im so happy I bought clean on a whim, I feel very natural and pretty, even my sis complimented the difference

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Iluvztwirling

I like this product enough to use it but only because it is there. But I do think it might be breaking me out. This product doesn't impress me much. Not a lot of coverage, isn't moisturizing ( I have dry skin), looks dry on my skin. I will not repurchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

After purchasing this randomly, I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation's performance.
I've read mixed reviews about this foundation, so I wasn't very sure at first how to feel about it. I got the foundation in the oil control formula; of course, having oily skin, I was very skeptical about it. However, once I got around to using it, my skepticism soon subsided.
Firstly, I found that the color matched me pretty well. I wouldn't say that the undertones were all that diverse; I have yellow-toned skin, while the foundations in Clean (at least, the lighter shades) are more neutral or pink-toned. The colors are pretty good, but I'd watch out for the undertones. However, I wear powder on top that is a bit more yellow, and it evens it out very well. I didn't think that it oxidized on me and changed color; that I liked a lot. These foundations air on the side of light-medium, which worked for me.
The coverage I found lacking. Clean is a very sheer-coverage foundation. If you're looking for something light and natural-looking to even out your skin tone or something, then this is a great product. However, if you're looking for more coverage, then this, unfortunately, will not do the trick at all. It doesn't like to stay on my acne, and doesn't do the best job of disguising redness or dark circles. This is why I knocked it down a star; Clean is not a foundation that will replace your concealer.
The finish of Clean is very natural-looking; it will give your skin a silky feel, and is slightly dewy. I wouldn't call it satin, it's a bit more shiny than that, but it's not super dewy, either. I don't really think that finish works very well for this foundation, since it doesn't cover much and rather makes the skin look oily when worn alone. I always have to use powder on top of this.
Now, the oil control factor and staying power of this foundation impressed me beyond belief! Being a real skeptical person about it, I wasn't really counting on Clean living up to its promise. However, after several weeks of testing, I noticed that this foundation was truly unlike any other that I've tried. It stayed on my face for a solid 20 hours or so without the slightest hint of shine! I was absolutely thrilled! I didn't even need to retouch in the middle of the day, it was great! With that being said, I used primer and powder along with the foundation in order to help it stay. However, my face looked totally matte and clean after each day, and it still looked totally natural. I'm extremely impressed!
Another thing that I didn't quite like about Clean is the packaging that it comes in. It comes in a glass bottle out of which you must force the product. Having never been a fan of necked foundation bottles, I wasn't too thrilled about having to use it. At first, it's difficult to even get any product out of that bottle; as I used it more, it became easier to pour, but it's still a challenge finding the right amount of product for your face. If I could change the packaging, I would.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by Clean. Having read mixed reviews, I was happy to have had a great experience with it. It's also relatively inexpensive- I got mine for about $8. I'd recommend this to anyone with oily skin, and there's a good chance I'll repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because my local Ulta had them on clearance for $1.99 in my color. I absolutely ADORE this foundation! The coverage is okay, I wear it on top of a long lasting foundation and top it off with powder :) I do not like this packaging though, since it is bigger at the bottom than the top :/

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the one for oily skin. I've used this for almost a year and I finally found what was breaking me out SO badly. THIS STUFF!! It feels oily on my skin and has a sheer coverage. If you're looking for a medium coverage this isn't it. It doesn't even cover pinkness around my nose and the pinkness is not dark at all. I haven't worn this since last week and my skin hasn't broken out since and my skin is able to breathe again. It also made my pores look larger. I DON'T recommend this foundation for oily skin OR acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great medium coverage foundation. I love how it has 3 types to choose from for diff. skin types. They have multiple shades for normal skin, sensitive skin, and for oil control. This is great for everyday wear and is lightweight, and inexpensive. There is great range of shades to choose from. The only con I have with this product is the bottle, you need a brush to dip into the bottle and take some out and then tranfer it to a sponge. Its just a lot of hassle and can get messy. But other than that, its an awesome foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by SarahmmmKaye

PACKAGING: The bottle is nice but kind hard to store since the base is wider than the top. I have dropped it multiple times on hard wood and tile and it holds up. Very nice but can be messy when you use some of it and you have to tilt it to get some product out. As any other the inside of the cap does get product on it.

PRODUCT: It's okay. I got mine in clean but should have gotten it in oily because I do get oily in the middle of the day. It didn't look so bad but I did have to blot. It feels so nice on the skin and has a Noxema tingle to it. Loved that. It is OIL FREE so it shouldn't clog too bad. WATER BASED. You will have to SET IT WITH POWDER

FINISH: Not matte. You will regret not setting it if you don't!! I doesn't feel to heavy and does kind of stick to dry spots so moisturize well beforehand

COVERAGE: Doesn't cover fully redness or pimples. Indefinably a medium coverage that you can only little build up.

Not for a natural look but can be formal or occasional.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by kdubbs14

I buy the oil control version and absolutely love it! I get it in the shade 110 Classic Ivory. Many other foundations break me out and this luckily isn't one of them. Also many fair shades are only pink undertones, but this one has brown undertones, which is perfect for me. I haven't noticed the smell in the oily skin version, but I recently bought the normal skin version because the store was out of the oily skin version. I do notice a strong odor, almost Noxzema like, with the normal skin version. It has light coverage and also feels light on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ItsAnotherUsernameYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On the normal skin formula, the smell is absolutely unbearable and it oxidizes pretty bad. I wouldn't recommend it! Really disappointed!