November 22, 2014 | 1964 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Fancymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have read most of the reviews on this Jane Iredale foundation and I can understand why some people don't like it. It is expensive, and it is difficult to apply (until you get the hang of it). I truly believe the main reason why some people don't like it is because they just don't know how to apply it.
I use a flat sponge. I spread it on my face generously, then take the clean side of the sponge and go back over the places it looks thicker. You almost have to rub it into your skin. It takes a few minutes for it to melt into your skin and look natural. I always avoid my under eye area because this foundation can accentuate fine lines under eyes and/or look cakey throughout the day. But...if I apply it correctly and avoid my eye area, it looks flawless and lasts about 8-10 hours before it starts to fade. It is expensive but lasts a long time. I have been using it for almost 2 years and I'm on my second compact. I have light olive skin and I wear Warm Sienna. It's a perfect match for me! I will continue using this as it's the only foundation that doesn't break me out! I'm oily in my T zone with lots of blackheads and prone to breakouts. My skin has even improved since I started using this :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have the perfect skin, and just wants some color its perfect. It minimiza the pores and give you a nice skin. But the coverage is very bad, it does not cover at all :/ <3
Otherwise lovely product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Aprilsfool413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Back when I 17/18 years old I was having really bad hormonal breakouts and I started seeing an esthetician. She introduced me to this makeup and I'm so glad she did. After my acne went away I thought it might be ok to buy a cheaper foundation because this foundations price is SO UNPRACTICAL for a poor college student like me... So I purchased the bare minerals matte foundation... Needless to say it gave me a really stubborn rash like breakout. I say stubborn because I'm still treating it to this day... I figured I needed a more general foundation and thank god I still had a tiny bit of jane iredale's pure pressed powder left over from the last time I purchased it. Since using it my rash has shown improvement and no new breakouts have occurred. It is the PERFECT amount of coverage for MY skin. It doesn't make me oily. It light weight. Doesn't have a smell (thank god). I'm going to do my best to afford this product for my skins sake. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by carolwallis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't crease, even by the end of the day.
Doesn't collect in fine lines.
Great for oily skin - it mattes the skin at first, but after a few hours of wear, the skin's natural oiliness turns it dewy and soft.
Has no smell - great for those who are sensitive to smell.
Has a built-in sunscreen, so you can apply more thickly on beach days.
Great for use as a concealer - just use a small concealer brush.
Make sure you go in store and have someone experienced in Jane Iredale products to pick the exact colour that will suit you. There are many to choose from, and getting the right shade seems to be crucial.
HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by HollyIvy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this, great range of colors, does feel nice and clean throughout the day, doesn't cake up in pores or lines. If you are unsure of the color, call JI, they have fabulous customer service, and if you tell them your skin tone, they will send you at no charge great size samples. After them sending me 6 to try, I finally settled on Riviera, but really, all of the shades are so nice, it's hard to choose.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by rideout24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Aside from the high price... I found the product lacked lustre. It doesn't provide very good coverage or staying power. I also found that u wasted more product because u whirl the brush around and the powder goes everywhere and barely any of it makes it to your face. It felt fine on my face - it actually felt nice. I was just disappointed with coverage and how most product was wasted. You go through it fast. There's much nicer powders out there that do a better job for the price or less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaineE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this off and on for about a year and I really like it. I have hyperpigmentation from breakouts so I use the flocked sponge ($7) instead of the brush because it provides more coverage.

I was worried about how powder foundation would look because my skin is very dry for most of the year but I've worked out an application process that works for me.

1. Mist MAC Fix+ all over my face
2. Apply Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
3. Concealer
4. Press in foundation with sponge in a rocking motion
5. Mist again with MAC Fix+ to provide a natural finish

If I need extra coverage in some areas, I will repeat steps 4 and 5. I think using the misting spray helps prevent it from appearing cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed by this powder foundation. I like the sheer finish and the way it lasts on me. Even on a steamy new York City day in the mid-90's with sky-high humidity, the foundation stayed put. I have a Handi-Brush, but I like using a soft sponge (I have a bunch from Stila) even more. I use the brush to even it out before applying blush.

I called Jane Iredale for advice in picking a color, and they sent me a couple of samples for free; that helped me choose the best match, Ivory in my case. When I put it on at first, it looks a but light. By the time I finish, the color matches my skin quite well. The darker shade made my face look dirty. If you don't have a counter near you to try colors (I don 't), I suggest doing this for the best match.

I think for an initial outlay it is a bit expensive, but I have mine for about a year and still have plenty left. I'm glad I only have to buy a refill. Over time, the price will even out to about what I'd pay for any other line I'd use, like Laura Mericer, Shiseido, or Lancome.

My sensitive skin does not have any issues with this at all. I will say I tend to use it in the summertime as foundation, and in winter applied with a fluffy brush as finishing powder (I use a tinted moisturizer in winter). Also, I put it over my moisturizing SPF50 sunscreen (Bioderma). I don't always mist my face as the JI video suggests you do.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really understand the hoopla over this mineral makeup. It doesn't cover well and it makes my complexion really shiny and not in a good way. It wears off very quickly and I had to reapply every couple of hours. In addition, it's supposed to be formulated for sensitive skin but I found it really irritating. The color palette is extensive but I couldn't find a good match. I tried two colors and ended up giving them both to my daughter who has a drier complexion than I do and is less sensitive to mineral makeup than I am. I'm using Lancome Dual Finish in Rose Clair II instead. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Muzby555

Wow! What a great product for acne prone skin. My skin looks amazing after only a few days, and I've struggled with mild to moderate acne for 10years.
Much kinder to skin than bare minerals. Though I must say I've just used Nars Sheer Glow for years thinking that wasn't the cause of my breakouts. It certainly did clog my pores.
Get the hydrating spray as a must! I use the spray before and after and it's really made a difference to my skin.
Takes awhile to apply, but seems to last.
I have squeezed or had any new bumps in days and I'm confident to leave the house feeling great with fresh skin.
Great product!