Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base

Not tested on animals

CTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 14%, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) 3% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Mica (CI 77019), Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Hydrated Silica, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. [ /- Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470)]

on 5/14/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great compact foundation to carry around. The compact is very sturdy and the powder doesn't crumble. I have KP on my arms and this is great to use if I need to even out the redness - just swipe it on with the puff and you're done. Pressed powder foundations tend not to have options for light, cool based skintones but the Light Beige shade suits me fine. It's not light enough to have a brightening effect, but it doesn't look really off either. I will definitely repurchase when this runs out. The powder seems to last for a long time, too, simply because it doesn't crumble away with use and waste product (and ruin your make-up bag...).

on 3/21/2015 7:11:00 PM

I bought a sample starter kit for 50$ from the web site. It came with the Pressed Base, Loose minerals, Pomist spray, and smooth affair primer. On me its a medium coverage foundation, It didn't make me itch like Bare Minerals did. After I put everything on it looked pretty at first but after 2 hours of sitting around the house my skin was super oily and shiny. I kept using it for 3 days after and still the same. I'm going to try to use it with a different primer because it may be why my skin is getting so oily. After about the 3rd day of using the products I broke out. Not super bad but I had tender papules on my skin. As of right now I wouldn't repurchase again until I can play with the products and see whats causing the oiliness.

on 2/18/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried a sample before plunging in on the full size. I actually went on ebay and got three shades and the pressed and loose. Ebay is not going to be as fresh as from the Jane website. It was love at first. I have to say right off that if the other reviewer is "hitting pan" trying to make something work and ending up"looking cakey every time"; You are obviously not applying the product correctly. You could have bought an old old old item also. Sometimes I think we should all make a disclaimer when we buy on sale items and then rip them on this web site. Coverage is buildable. It lasts. Your face will feel soft. I am 42 and it does not look cakey. Do under you eyes last, after concealer very gently just to set. You can put this in your bag and go from crappy day to fabulous in about 6o seconds. I use this on top of the bb3 (I am fair.) in winter, and on top of the liquid minerals in summer. I love loose and pressed. One for home one for travel. I am usually the lightest shade and in winter I like Ivory for parts of my face and Light Beige everywhere. I am going into spring and I like Natural. I am celtic/britton and have some pink in my skin but am also neutral. I will use satin during the hottest of summer. The loose provides a bit more uplighting. Both powders work well over a plain oil for your moisture/prime if you do that. I do.

on 2/7/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I've actually gone through several refills, so there's something about it that keeps bringing me back. I like the built-in sunscreen. It doesn't break me out. It's not too matte, and the coverage level is good--not too little and not too much. It's easy to apply on days when I don't feel like futzing with a liquid foundation. My main issue with it is that finding the right shade is super confusing. On the one hand it's pretty forgiving color-wise even if you don't have an exact match, so I've used up all the pans I've owned. On the other hand, it's frustrating and confusing to find your perfect color. I was initially matched in person to Golden Glow, but I sometimes felt like it read too warm/yellow on my skin. I've tried Warm Sienna and Radiant as well, but neither felt like a perfect match for my skin. Based on the charts I've seen online, and the Jane Iredale color matching tool, it seems like either Satin or Suntan are more neutral shades. Suntan in particular seems like it should be about the same darkness as Golden Glow, so I'm going to try that out. Hopefully I can find my perfect shade, because otherwise this would be my favorite powder foundation. This could be a four or five-lip product if I could just figure out the color problem!

on 2/4/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried to make this work but no matter how I apply it, the foundation ends up looking cakey and dry. My skin has become pretty dehydrated with age so I make sure I use a good moisturizer or a moisturizing liquid foundation/bb before I powder. But the result is still the same - overly powdered look. I bought the Handy brush but couldn't buff any of powder onto my face. I've to either mist my face afterwards or use a very amount of powder. I've hit pan ( yes that's how many times I tried to make it work) and won't be repurchasing it. This product just didn't get on with my skin.

on 1/15/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dry skin and am prone to eczema on my face and neck (even in summer). For some reason, I've always thought people with dry skin should stay away from powdered makeup. Maybe I had some bad experiences when I was a teen. Anyway, this powder works so so so well on my skin. It gives amazing coverage, even on rashy spots, while still looking amazingly natural. It feels comfortable on and it lasts me a full day. The other great thing is that its really practical/hardy, basically you can forget you're wearing it, because it doesn't easily come off on clothes, you don't have to worry about touching your face, and even if you've been sweating it stays put.

I apply the powder with the JI handi brush over top of my morning routine of: serum (Ultraceuticals B2 Hydrating Serum), moisturiser in winter (Clinique Moisture Surge Intense), sunscreen always (Ultraceuticals Ultra UV Protective Daily Moisturiser).
I then finish with the JI D20 Hydration Spray.

I have tried the JI primer as well but to be honest I don't notice any difference when using it.

Only negative for me is the range of colours available. I am somewhere between a warm sienna and golden glow. However I can use each of these on its own in winter and summer respectively, and between seasons I mix the two.

on 1/14/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To this day of my life, the best compact powder I have used. I have very oily skin, yellow/olive undertone, and acne pron skin. It's like a second skin and the color match is perfect. Thank you Jane Ps, would like sleeker packaging

on 12/20/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best beauty product i have ever bought! It has great coverage, not too much, which i quite like. Not really a fan of the cakey look. I use the Jane Iredale Handi Brush to apply this, and its just perfect! I will never buy any other powder. It just looks better the longer you wear it i think, because it somehow sinks into your skin and makes your skin look nice and glowy.
Granted, after maybe 8-9 hours of wearing this, i will have to blot, but this is because i have acne prone skin, so i just blot and top of with another layer of this.
This stuff works, and its free from chemicals. It lasts for a long time, and i happily pay the price for this.
Will never buy another powder!! But please visit a Jane Iredale professional to help you find the right tone for your skin.

on 12/5/2014 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this as a finishing powder on top of the Glow Time BB cream on days I want a polished matte finish. Love this product after a month of using it. No breakouts from it. Love this very much and plan to continue to use it. I first apply by 7am, then reapply at about 2pm.

on 11/7/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation! I have read most of the reviews on this Jane Iredale foundation and I can understand why some people don't like it. It is expensive, and it is difficult to apply (until you get the hang of it). I truly believe the main reason why some people don't like it is because they just don't know how to apply it.
I use a flat sponge. I spread it on my face generously, then take the clean side of the sponge and go back over the places it looks thicker. You almost have to rub it into your skin. It takes a few minutes for it to melt into your skin and look natural. I always avoid my under eye area because this foundation can accentuate fine lines under eyes and/or look cakey throughout the day. But...if I apply it correctly and avoid my eye area, it looks flawless and lasts about 8-10 hours before it starts to fade. It is expensive but lasts a long time. I have been using it for almost 2 years and I'm on my second compact. I have light olive skin and I wear Warm Sienna. It's a perfect match for me! I will continue using this as it's the only foundation that doesn't break me out! I'm oily in my T zone with lots of blackheads and prone to breakouts. My skin has even improved since I started using this :)