September 19, 2014 | 956 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Aprilsfool413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Back when I 17/18 years old I was having really bad hormonal breakouts and I started seeing an esthetician. She introduced me to this makeup and I'm so glad she did. After my acne went away I thought it might be ok to buy a cheaper foundation because this foundations price is SO UNPRACTICAL for a poor college student like me... So I purchased the bare minerals matte foundation... Needless to say it gave me a really stubborn rash like breakout. I say stubborn because I'm still treating it to this day... I figured I needed a more general foundation and thank god I still had a tiny bit of jane iredale's pure pressed powder left over from the last time I purchased it. Since using it my rash has shown improvement and no new breakouts have occurred. It is the PERFECT amount of coverage for MY skin. It doesn't make me oily. It light weight. Doesn't have a smell (thank god). I'm going to do my best to afford this product for my skins sake. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by carolwallis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't crease, even by the end of the day.
Doesn't collect in fine lines.
Great for oily skin - it mattes the skin at first, but after a few hours of wear, the skin's natural oiliness turns it dewy and soft.
Has no smell - great for those who are sensitive to smell.
Has a built-in sunscreen, so you can apply more thickly on beach days.
Great for use as a concealer - just use a small concealer brush.
Make sure you go in store and have someone experienced in Jane Iredale products to pick the exact colour that will suit you. There are many to choose from, and getting the right shade seems to be crucial.
HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by HollyIvy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this, great range of colors, does feel nice and clean throughout the day, doesn't cake up in pores or lines. If you are unsure of the color, call JI, they have fabulous customer service, and if you tell them your skin tone, they will send you at no charge great size samples. After them sending me 6 to try, I finally settled on Riviera, but really, all of the shades are so nice, it's hard to choose.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by rideout24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Aside from the high price... I found the product lacked lustre. It doesn't provide very good coverage or staying power. I also found that u wasted more product because u whirl the brush around and the powder goes everywhere and barely any of it makes it to your face. It felt fine on my face - it actually felt nice. I was just disappointed with coverage and how most product was wasted. You go through it fast. There's much nicer powders out there that do a better job for the price or less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaineE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this off and on for about a year and I really like it. I have hyperpigmentation from breakouts so I use the flocked sponge ($7) instead of the brush because it provides more coverage.

I was worried about how powder foundation would look because my skin is very dry for most of the year but I've worked out an application process that works for me.

1. Mist MAC Fix+ all over my face
2. Apply Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
3. Concealer
4. Press in foundation with sponge in a rocking motion
5. Mist again with MAC Fix+ to provide a natural finish

If I need extra coverage in some areas, I will repeat steps 4 and 5. I think using the misting spray helps prevent it from appearing cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed by this powder foundation. I like the sheer finish and the way it lasts on me. Even on a steamy new York City day in the mid-90's with sky-high humidity, the foundation stayed put. I have a Handi-Brush, but I like using a soft sponge (I have a bunch from Stila) even more. I use the brush to even it out before applying blush.

I called Jane Iredale for advice in picking a color, and they sent me a couple of samples for free; that helped me choose the best match, Ivory in my case. When I put it on at first, it looks a but light. By the time I finish, the color matches my skin quite well. The darker shade made my face look dirty. If you don't have a counter near you to try colors (I don 't), I suggest doing this for the best match.

I think for an initial outlay it is a bit expensive, but I have mine for about a year and still have plenty left. I'm glad I only have to buy a refill. Over time, the price will even out to about what I'd pay for any other line I'd use, like Laura Mericer, Shiseido, or Lancome.

My sensitive skin does not have any issues with this at all. I will say I tend to use it in the summertime as foundation, and in winter applied with a fluffy brush as finishing powder (I use a tinted moisturizer in winter). Also, I put it over my moisturizing SPF50 sunscreen (Bioderma). I don't always mist my face as the JI video suggests you do.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really understand the hoopla over this mineral makeup. It doesn't cover well and it makes my complexion really shiny and not in a good way. It wears off very quickly and I had to reapply every couple of hours. In addition, it's supposed to be formulated for sensitive skin but I found it really irritating. The color palette is extensive but I couldn't find a good match. I tried two colors and ended up giving them both to my daughter who has a drier complexion than I do and is less sensitive to mineral makeup than I am. I'm using Lancome Dual Finish in Rose Clair II instead. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Muzby555

Wow! What a great product for acne prone skin. My skin looks amazing after only a few days, and I've struggled with mild to moderate acne for 10years.
Much kinder to skin than bare minerals. Though I must say I've just used Nars Sheer Glow for years thinking that wasn't the cause of my breakouts. It certainly did clog my pores.
Get the hydrating spray as a must! I use the spray before and after and it's really made a difference to my skin.
Takes awhile to apply, but seems to last.
I have squeezed or had any new bumps in days and I'm confident to leave the house feeling great with fresh skin.
Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MsFashionista

This product is a must in my make-up drawer. I use it by itself or, when I go out, as a finishing powder. I'm Filipino so my skin is a warm tone and medium to dark complexion, so I opted for the Golden Glow. It seems to be the closest match to my skin - maybe even a tad bit lighter. As a general rule, I always pick a shade lighter than my exact shade because I have oily skin. When you have oily skin, foundations and powders that you put on your skin will darken and look dull as you go along the day because of oxidation. Just make sure that you pick something that's not too light because your face might just end up looking uneven.

This product is great for a mineral powder. It gives you a smooth finish, hiding minor imperfections, big pores and redness. Although big zits or scabs that come from popping will require a concealer (I use Jane Iredale Glow Time #7), the Pure Pressed becomes my finishing powder. It also gives you sun protection which comes in handy if you're concerned about wrinkles and such. Just remember to re-apply when you sweat or every few hours so your face looks fresh.

PS if the sales lady tells you that you need to purchase a hydration spray to control the oil. I would suggest that you say that you will think about it first because I found the hydration spray does nothing for me in terms of oil control. If anything, I found that it just adds more glow to my face which I don't need because I'm already so oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finally found a perfect mineral foundation! I used Vichy Aera Teint (discontinued) before, and for the longest time I used La Roche Posay Toleriane Teint Mineral powder. The last one was nice, but it wore off easily and my face got very oily by the end of the day.

I got color-matched for this Jane Iredale foundation at the beauty salon where I bought it. I wear it in Satin.
I also purchased the Handi brush to apply it, which I definitely recommend (the only problem I have with it is that some of the hairs are loose and end up on my face during application. But now that I've washed the brush I feel like this problem has stopped and the loose hairs have been removed).

The foundation covers imperfections nicely, but it is not a heavy coverage. For me this is fine, because I don't have too much to cover - I don't have active acne - just some acne-scarring and large pores I like to cover.
The coverage is very natural and I love how it doesn't feel like I'm wearing make-up.
The best thing is that by the end of the day my make-up is still in place and my skin isn't oily at all. The foundation also doesn't break me out.

EDIT: Lately I felt like this foundation was too heavy on my skin and was breaking me out (no sure if it was because of this foundation though), so I stopped using it. I'm not sure how I feel about it now as I'm scared to start using again.