October 21, 2014 | 1228 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Double Twist Mascara - Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

This is one of the absolute worst mascaras I have ever tried. It smells AWFUL!!! The smell haunts me to this day, it is this disgusting plastic burning like smell that just makes a person sick to the stomach. Also, it does absolutely nothing for the lashes except making them clumpy globs. I do not understand why Revlon would put out such a garbage product. For the sake of your lashes, and more importantly your nose, DO NOT BUY!

Fcmalik

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I liked the look of the wand and it wasn't terribly expensive. It was a big mistake. The mascara was extremely thick and came out of the bottle in thick clumps! I ended up throwing it away after one use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Zoe657

I really like this mascara, it's not wet so your eyelashes don't feel heavy which is a bonus and you can keep applying more layers easily so you can get your desired look. It takes time to get used to this mascara but once you do the double twist is amazing! It doesn't clump at all and if it does the silicon bristles get rid of that straight away! I would recommend that if you were looking for a buildable (which it takes a bit of time to get a desired look), light, volumising mascara then you should buy this! Like I said it's takes time to get used to it but its worth it and makes your lashes just the right length and not spidery!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by lucialavender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to mascara when i need nice, long and dark lashes. I was somewhat surprised when I saw all the negative reviews and comments for it. It's a good thing I saw them after I had already bought it, for it's the best one I've ever used!
Of course it has its downsides, such as the really big wand and it does have a tendency do dry a bit fast. When I use it every day, it lasts for about a month, which is a bit short. I bought it at the local drug store for about 15$, so I wouldn't say it's a cheap mascara but definitely not among the expensive ones either.
The upside of this mascara is that I get the most beautiful lashes when I use it. It is amazing how big of a difference it makes! I have no idea how it works but it's something to do with the two kinds of bristles on the wand (hence the "double" twist), one kind to make the lashes longer and the other (the silicone part) to make them more volumized.
Overall, it really is a good mascara for me and I am very surprised that others are so unsatisfied with it. I am reluctant to recommend it to others because of all the previous negative reviews, but I don't see a reason why it should make my lashes more beautiful, and someone else's not... I do warn you, though, it does dry out quickly, so if you don't feel like experimenting or spending a fair amount of money every month for a piece of makeup, I suggest you continue your search for the perfect mascara! As for me, I am sticking with this one for a while!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Yarri08

I bought this as it was on offer at the local store and I liked Revlon as a brand. To my disappointment, this is possibly the worst mascara I have come across. I have very short eyelashes naturally, and although the formula is thick, it did nothing but clump them up badly and looking stubby. As time went on, the application became harder as the mascara started drying, and the wand itself is clogged with dry clumps the size of a quarter of the brush. During wear, it was also irritating when it started flaking, as I had it all fall into my eyes.
Overall, this product is a nightmare I would not recommend anyone spend any money on it as it would be a waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I wanted to try out some new mascaras, since I've been going back to the same one forever. Now I know why.
The formula for this is extremely DRY. It's flakey, and makes my lashes sooo stiff. I hardly can get one swipe half-way through my lashes without it clumping or drying on me.
Taking it off is a nightmare. Even using waterproof makeup remover. It's like putting glue onto your lashes.
No thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by RoxxyG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this on sale at $7 for one mascara and have only just started using it. The brush is a quite different, and does load on a lot of product on it, but that's not too much of a problem as I use the stiffer brush to remove excess and works fine if I work quickly. I was surprised with the bad reviews and am glad that so far this mascara has been quite good for me.

Update: Unfortunately this mascara stopped working for me very quickly, dried out and became clumpy in no time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For goodness sake don't buy this whatever you do. I got this as a GWP and tried really hard to make it work, even trying different brushes. It sucked no matter what I did. I threw it away, so don't throw your money away too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Meh. The mascara itself is fine. I have fairly long, naturally curled lashes that are baby blonde (and my hair is dyed black), so I really only need something to darken them, although I honestly do prefer to have LOTS of impact with my lashes, I usually don't complain much if I don't get it.
What sucks about this mascara is the brush. It's actually a bit painful! When I used it, I felt like it was SCRAPING against the skin at the roots of my lashes. Quite an uncomfortable experience.
And of course, I have two tubes of this because I bought it blind at a BOGO sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Umph

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Being an eyeglass wearer, I haven't used mascara in years due to getting mascara on my lenses. Well, Rite Aid had this $8 product for 75% off and it totaled cheaper than Wet 'n Wild mascara so why not. Wow! The clumping is terrible. I had to wipe the brush a bit before applying the product- and this is wasteful. It did have staying power and didn't flake into my eyes or on my lenses. Maybe I should give it two stars. I purchased for dirt cheap but would never purchase at full price. I may go back to purchase another to have on hand at such a remarkable price. The pruduct itself is nice but I don't like the aspect of being wasteful; I prefer to get more for my bucks.