August 30, 2014 | 1786 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - field of flowers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ordered this on a whim through qvc.com when I saw they had gift sets. I got this scent in the 16oz body mist, 32oz shower gel, and 32oz body lotion. First off, the smell is amazing. I used to live in Missouri and I would drive through long stretches of areas where wild flowers grew by the sides of the road. The scent reminds me so much of my time there. I can smell fresh flowers and sunshine. It smells so good. It almost makes me sad to smell this because it makes me miss Missouri, although I do not miss the humidity or the giant bugs. I have used many Philosophy fragrances in the past and they don't have the best staying power. I believe this is because they are subtle fragrances. There is nothing overpowering or cloying about them. I find that layering the scent with the body lotion and body wash makes a huge difference and the scent will linger a lot longer that way. That's why I was so excited to get this set. They still have it on qvc.com and it's $72 which is cheaper than a lot of perfumes. I work as a registered nurse and I like to wear this to the hospital. I get lots of compliments. People tell me I smell clean all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ashesofroses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this as a set when is was a TSV (Today's Special Value) on QVC and received a 32 oz bath gel, 32 oz body lotion, and 16 oz perfumed body spritz. By using the body lotion it seems as if the body spritz doesn't fade as much during the day. I'm getting it on Autl-Delivery every 4 months and am very pleased with it. It does not have an old lady flowery smell. I like it for the warmer months.

I'm now searching for something for Fall and Winter. Thinking of going back to Boucheron but haven't decided for sure. Any suggestions?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchase this perfume Fall 2011 and am in love with it. I'm a sucker for floral fragrances, and this one is light. It's not at all heavy and there aren't too many undertones which I like. However, I gave it an overall rating of 4 because I find the scent does not last long. I will buy this again though. I bought it at Sephora in a gift package that can with body lotion. The body lotion smells just as wonderful. I will definitely be purchasing this again since I am already half way done the bottle. Fingers crosses it doesn't get discontinued! Philosophy loves to introduce amazing seasonal products then discontinue them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by robotloove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a big fragrance person, but I really love this. I used to think strong florals were a bit "old," but it actually smells like you are taking a stroll through a flowery meadow. Light and a bit creamy; young, but not infantile. I got the body spray and the edt. Love them both.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by emotasticlips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the body spritz. I bought it because summer was finally her and my normal body spray leaves my skin feeling a little sticky in the hot summer months. So I found this at a good price and thought I'd give it a try. I'm usually the fruity fragrance type but when you smell this its just so soft and feminine. To me this doesn't smell "artificial". It really does smell like a fresh cut flowers. Its not overpowering in the least. And I can spray spray spray and it doesn't leave me skin sticky! I gave this product a 4 for price because at regular retail this is a little expensive. But it comes with 8oz of product and I've had mine for most of the summer and I will probably run out at the very end of the summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

My friend bought this in a set, and ended up giving the lotion to my younger daughter. On my friend, this smell is divine; on me, it's very good. It's a soft floral, creamy; it reminds me of a very nice face cream, in a very good way. It doesn't last super long, but with the lotion to layer, it will probably be even better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Philosophy is expanding its fragrance collection all the time, and, for the most part, they somehow manage to create irresistibly attractive scents, that manage to get past even the most scrupulous anti-fragrance noses in workplaces and public locations. Field of Flowers is a refreshing floral that brings to mind Hawaiian flowers like pikake, tuberose, peony, and plumeria. It's a perfect scent for easy, everyday wear, and it can most likely be worn in the workplace, hospitals, etc. without causing negative reactions. I layer the spray fragrance with the shampoo/shower gel, and the body spritz for daytime wear, and spray the spritz on my bedsheets and body and night. This fragrance is so, so beautiful. I've already had to replenish my stash. It's now my favorite Philosophy fragrance, year-round.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by CChest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells just like Glade air freshener to me. Had both the body spritz and shower gel...I had to return it to the store...nauseating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

field of flowers is a lovely floral perfume...smells like a bouquet of spring flowers,maybe some peony and lilac...very nice for spring and summer...