July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Clinical Facial Lifting Treatment Day & Eye

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just commenting on the eye treatment. It is very much like Retin-A gel. Can be very drying (even on my oily skin). Did not notice any difference, would not waste my money on this. Prefer getting the real Retin-A.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by amynick

My skin feels great after each use. I have been using for about two weeks. I have to say that the only reason I look younger is that it made me break out around my T-zone. This has never happened before with any other product. I am sad.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by maj7575

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

DO NOT waste your money on this stuff! I bought this when I ran out of the Aveeno Ageless Vitality Eye Treatment because it was a little cheaper and figured it was about the same thing. Wrong! This burned my eyes and made them so dry they peeled. Any lifting I had from the Aveeno was completely undone. I took this back and traded it for the Aveeno.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MandyL

I am 42 years old with fair skin, so I am very diligent when it comes to wearing sunblock. I wear it everyday, rain or shine, so my crow's feet aren't too bad at this point.

That said, I was skeptical of this eye treatment, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. I have to say, I'm quite impressed! Within one week, I am seeing a reduction in the crow's feet around my eyes, unlike any I've ever seen with other products I've tried. I'm interested to see the effect in the next couple of weeks. At this point, I am definitely planning to purchase it again when my current supply runs out. I'm also planning to try the day and night full-face treatments. Will it work for everyone? Who knows, but it's definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Terresa

I got the Facial LIfting Treatment Day products through Bzz Agent, and I purchased the Eye treatment products. I had high hopes for these, but sadly they didn't really live up to them. The products felt very nice, but the effects seemed to be mostly from the silicone in them, so did not last once the products were removed. I don't have especially dry skin, I consider my skin pretty normal, and I didn't feel as if they gave me enough moisture. While I didn't think there was anything wrong with the products, I do feel as if they are a bit pricey for not seeing any lasting results. (I used them for at least four weeks, so they did have a great opportunity to work.)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by btobey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now in my early 40s, I am lucky enough to have no major problems with wrinkles so far, although of course, some aging is beginning to show. However, I was mainly interested in this Starter Kit for the Eye product, which promised to "instantly brighten" the eye area as well as to produce "significantly noticeable improvement" to skin sagging around the eyes in just two weeks.

So, I began using this system about a month prior to my 42nd birthday. There are three total products: 1) a serum, which is supposed to be applied over the face, neck, and entire eye area, 2) an activating cream, also designed to be applied over the entire face and neck, and 3) an eye activating cream, designed to be used around the entire eye area. The instructions did not specify exactly when to apply the products, but because the activating cream was labeled "Day" and contained SPF, I choose to use this regimen in the A.M. only.

Here were my initial impressions:
The serum comes out of the tube a medium gray color, which seems a bit odd at first, but it does disappear into the skin. It has a silky feel but seems to be easily absorbed. The activating cream has a light, pleasant scent (it fades fairly quickly for those who don't like scented items); the cream itself is fairly rich, but again, it is absorbed quickly. The eye cream, on the other other hand, is significantly thinner, which was unexpected (I would have thought it would be the other way around). I preferred the pumps of the two creams to the serum's tube.

WHAT I LIKED:
All three products seemed to absorb into my skin well, and they didn't leave my oily-prone skin feeling greasy (although I used the products during the spring; it may have been different in the summer). Similarly, I didn't seem to break out any more often than normal while using this system. My skin generally felt fairly smooth and looked decent in appearance for the duration that I sampled this kit, although I did get some dryness around my mouth towards the end of the month.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
First, I began running out of the serum before the other two products. I emailed the Neutrogena web site, and they replied to say that I could continue using the other two products alone and still see "some effects." But this leads to my second complaint: I didn't see ANY noticeable effects! Yes, my skin generally felt soft, but no more so than from using any good moisturizer. I certainly would not say that I saw improved skin tone/minimized signs of discoloration or improvement in fine lines/wrinkles, both of which are supposedly "clinically proven" to be "noticeable results" after just one week (and should have been even more pronounced after a full month). Similarly, I can't say that I saw any of the other claimed benefits of this system, such as lifting the look of sagging skin and improving the look of facial contours/and definition.

So, in the end, the BEST that I can say about this Starter Kit is that it seemed to act as a decent moisturizer during the time I used it (about a month, which is how long the products lasted). But there is no way I can recommend paying this much for a set of three products that promises so much more; there are certainly better and less expensive moisturizers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by camacg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I'd been waiting eagerly for Johnson & Johnson to roll out these products, though once they did so I felt compelled to finish up the remnants of the far pricier Estee Lauder gunk I'd been using. I had a coupon + rebate combo worth $20 for the Neutrogena version, so that's the one I went with. I've been using the eye treatment for about a week now, and the results are definitely visible. I have pretty vast experience with eye serums, gels, and creams at price points ranging from dollar store sales bin to upper-range department store brands like Shiseido. This system is hands down the winner, at least in the early going. It absorbs quickly to a silky, matte finish, so it's suitable for night and day use, a big issue with me. More importantly, it has actually visibly diminished my heretofore intractable dark circles, smoothed the slightly crepey texture of my upper lids and reduced the visibility of my crow's feet. The skin under my eyes also seems slightly thicker and firmer-- it bounces right back when I pull on it, a level of resilience I haven't seen in a few years. I truly didn't believe any one product, never mind a drugstore brand that cost me less than $30, could do that much in 3 or 4 months, never mind in less than a week. If I never see another smidgen of improvement I'll be happy enough just maintaining these results. I'll report back in a few weeks, but so far this is my eye cream HG. It's also worth noting that a little goes a long way, so the price is a bargain when compared to the latest offerings from what I think of as Neutrogena's major competitors, Olay and Avon.

I just started using the day version of the facial duo yesterday, so I'll reserve comment for now, except to say that it also absorbs quickly to a silky, matte finish, and like the eye stuff it works fine under make-up, both with and without primer (yeah, I've been experimenting). I'm not ready to try the night version yet, I think it's still smart to keep a retinoid in the mix, so I'm sticking with my Affirm 3X before bed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by my3sons5

Update 4/29/10 (7 weeks of total use....started w/Aveeno and then Neutrogena): When I started I was considering Botox for the hollowness under my eyes. I no longer am. This product has plumped and smoothed my eye area like no other. I am going to continue using it there and begin focusing daily on other areas, like marianette lines and neck lines. The cost and the quantity received are still issues with me....but it is cheaper than surgery!

I began using this when my Aveeno Ageless Vitality (same type of product) ran out. I like Neutrogena's gel serum better. It comes in a bigger tube and spreads easily compared to Aveeno. This kit has less activating cream than the Aveeno product (1 oz. of day cream in Aveeno compared to .34 oz. of day cream in Neutrogena and in this kit there is an additional .17 oz. of eye cream). I find the Neutrogena day cream stings a bit and overall I just liked the fact that Aveeno's day cream had dill (which is supposed to stimulate the growth of elastin in the skin).
The results, however, seem the same....which is to say this stuff DOES produce results. Thus far (I am just coming up on four weeks), I think that the difference is subtle to others, but I see and feel the difference (especially under my eyes) and will continue to use a product of this type (either Neutrogena, Aveeno, or RoC)....because this product is pricey, my loyalty will lie with whichever brand has the very best deal!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No