September 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Eye Shadow - Sugarpill - Pressed Shadow - Poison Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

i say wow, the most pigmented, popping bright matte purple pressed eyeshadow i've seen.

a light hand is needed, and the single pot will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by whatever1399

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this eyeshadow! You get about 3.5 g for $12 (not including shipping), which in my opinion is a pretty good deal! The packaging that arrives in the mail is ADORABLE: cats, pink, and general bubbly cuteness! I love it! The shadow itself is a pigmented, matte, medium purple with a slight fuscia undertone. When it arrived in the mail, I was surprised at the color, I thought it would be slightly more blue based. Nevertheless, I adore Poison Plum eyeshadow.

There is a few downsides: 1)It stains like a mofo. If I wear this all day (with a primer AND a base underneath), I'll remove my eye makeup and be left with a pink staining! Usually this goes away in like 2 or 3 days. I'm extremely fair (NC10), so this may not be an issue for darker skinned folk. 2) it can be quite dry (quality control issues I suppose). 3) Some pans can have pigmentation problems. Usually with a base (NYX Milk Base or MAC Chromaline in white) and some layering, I find it's not a huge problem

Despite these flaws, I love this eyeshadow! Also, it's a dupe for MUFE's #92

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by roaringofthelamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite purple eyeshadow. I cannot rave enough about Sugarpill - the eyeshadows are INCREDIBLY pigmented and the packaging is adorable. The one downside is that these will stain your lids like nobody's business (even with primer) but that's something I'm willing to live with. The product also comes with a nice thank you note from Amy when you order from the website. Sugarpill's definitely one of my favorite makeup brands! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by dangsusiQ

Love the shade, I like using it on my eye brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by PWitmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sad to read of others' bad experience with this color as I got one from a "good batch" I suppose. It's rich, smooth, and very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sugar_berry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, I have purchased this color twice and had the same problem as some reviewers. Mine was so hard and chalky that I couldn't get color to build up evenly on my lids at all. No matter what base I used, I could not get the color to show up as it does in the pan--it was more that pinky plum stain color that it leaves behind. Plus, there was a ton of fall-out.

I thought maybe I was unlucky the first time and had gotten one from the bad batch, so Sugarpill replaced mine. My second one was exactly the same! Either I'm picky about the texture of my eyeshadows, or there are some serious quality control issues with this company. When something is described as "velvety" and "smooth," I expect it to at least be somewhat soft and easy to blend. I have all of their other pressed colors; most are okay, but some are dry.

I guess I have to pick up MUFE's #92...a bit cooler in color, but at least it'll be smooth and pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice warm purple & you get a huge amount of product. The packaging is cute & the CS is great. As with all SP shadows, don't forget your primer/base!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised so many negative reviews for this product, I absolutely LOVE it, I can understand getting maybe a bad batch, but I've gotten a bad one in Flamepoint before, I messaged the company and they sent out a new one right away :)

That being said, my Poison Plum is exactly what I was hoping for, bright, pigmented, easy to blend and it's very true to color. I can't say enough good things about this company, great products and great service, exactly what you want :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

From these reviews, I believe I have received one from the "bad" batch unfortunately. This isn't any excuse though, and as a customer I should be guaranteed a quality product without any risky "bad" batches, or bad anything for that matter. If this particular batch was lacking in any way, it shouldnt have been sold in the first place. I would have gone to makeup forever's similar purple shade but in hearing that this was a good comparison, I gave it a chance thinking it would be of same nice quality as dollipop. Should have definitely skipped this one. It is extremely dry and so difficult to pick any color up. The pigmentation is lacking because of the dryness and getting the color to show up as well as do its job within a look is way too much work; having to repeatedly pack on the color with still no result is extremely undesirable and for that I never use this color. Its problematic quality deems it pretty much useless in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous purple eyeshadow. It's smooth, pigmented, easy to apply. I would suggest being using it with a primer, however, because on bare skin it has a tendency to stain. Currently one of my favorites to use as a contour for my crease!