July 31, 2014 | 1829 users online

Fragrances - Coty - jovan white musk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

No child of the 90s was without a bottle of this perfume. I picked some up a while back, it's every bit as nice as it was back then. Only now, I don't have to be home at 9! It's not going to be as amazing as Chanel, nor as ghastly as a Designer Imposter. But when you want a pleasantly sweet for a low key day, this is nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This seemed like a perfume I would get all throughout the nineties. I remember it lasting forever with just a couple of sprays. I loved it subtle spicy and beachy notes. I put off purchasing this for a long time because its price kept going up every year and I remember this stuff being dirt cheap. I finally caved and spent the $20 to buy the 3.25 ounce bottle (yes, I know it's not a lot of money, but I'm cheap) and was a little dissapointed. The same fragrance I remember, but it has no where near the lasting power it used to. I just keep it in the bathroom now and use it right when I come out of the shower enjoying the fragrance while it lasts. I probably will repurchase if only for nostalgic reasons. I miss the nineties.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by DRE11

I'm in a musk period right now. I am on a hunt for the right smelling musk and remembered 'Jovan White Musk' - so I picked a bottle up today. I really wanted to like this but I could not get the following scent out of my brain: bug spray. That's what I smell. It's almost astringent and dirty and I don't even get the powdery scent. I waited all day to see how it would settle into my skin and unfortunately, I am still thinking of 'Raid.' Too bad.. I'm going to try a higher end brand next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sillage

On this warm August day, I went to CVS this morning to pick up a prescription -- and I was wearing Bond No. 9 Fashion Avenue, which is a baby-soft mimosa scent. I have several Bonds, which I bought from etailers for **much** less than retail, but even still, my Bonds were a big splurge for me.

And then it happened -- somebody walked by who was wearing something much *cheaper* that smelled so awesome, it gave me perfume envy. A young lady whooshed past me -- leaving a trail of Jovan White Musk (definitely; I didn't need to ask). And she smelled absolutely **awesome**, and it made me really appreciate how wonderful Jovan White Musk is.

I've always loved musks in general, since back in the 70's in college. Jovan is the best of the white musks, in my humble opinion -- better than The Body Shop's white musk perfume oil, & better than any other etailer's or other white musks I've smelled (although I do think Nemat White Musk Oil is awfully nice too -- very soft & smooth & mellow).

I've always loved both Jovan Original Musk and Jovan White Musk -- equally -- and they both always turn my head in public. They're each so "my-skin-but-better" -- they meld & merge with natural skin's scent, and they just get warm and delicious -- it's hard to tell where the perfume ends and the natural skin scent begins; they become one with skin so magically.

A tall spray bottle of Jovan White Musk is only about $20 and can easily be found at Walmart and most drugstores -- and it's just a great scent -- fresh & clean, yet warm and natural. The sprayer itself unfortunately tends to blast everywhere like a fire hose, but it's a tall bottle for easy storage and clear, so you can see how much you have left. Good strength, lasts well.

Fragrantica says this: "This is clear, a warm and purely feminine fragrance. Jasmine, ylang-ylang, and honeysuckle blend with sensual musk and amber."

Parfumo.net says it came out in 1992 and lists the notes as "Amber, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Musk, Ylang-ylang." (1992? - can that be right? I could have sworn that it came out much earlier than that!)

I've read that Trisha Yearwood and Kristen Bell have worn (maybe still wear?) this scent. This is a great staple for any perfume collection, and I catch whiffs of it a lot when I'm shopping. It's a good daily casual go-to scent -- also good for offices, medical settings, meetings. It's inoffensive, safe, warm, & natural-smelling -- and it's just really good!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Man. It took me a long time to figure out this fragrance. When I very first began my journey into musk scents, I leaned towards some with more of a vanilla-ish edge. I used up an entire bottle of Bonne Belle's Skin Musk before I decided to try something new.

My first white musk fragrance purchase was The Body Shop's white musk perfume oil. It's just LOVELY. After the soapy/edgy top notes are gone, I'm left with the most pillowy soft fragrance that envelops my entire body. However, I hear TBS's white musk perfume or body spray is not quite as nice. I set out to find a cheaper alternative to pair with my beloved oil.

Enter Jovan White Musk. I actually tried this on once at CVS while shopping several months ago an thought it was far too powdery to work with. That was before I found my appreciation and love for white musk. Last week I was at Walmart and just went for it. I purchased a 2oz bottle for $13. What a steal! I took it home and layered it with my body shop white musk oil.

Success! It smells beautiful. It definitely has a sweet side, and I feel can be worn by anyone of any age (im 21) who wants a snuggly, clean scent.

Im giving this only 4 lippies because i wish it lasted a bit longer. But for $13, its not too much of a burden to buy more.

tip* - try this stuff on right before you go out in the heat. When it warms up, I get whiffs of it. So heavenly.

Try them both. You will love them!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by tinarae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely scent! For me, it is soft & cuddly, but fresh & clean, all at the same time!! (Rare and awesome to find something that is all of that!) <3 I applied it before running some errands and then again before bed, several hours later. I don't adore the opening, but it dries down fairly quickly and smells wonderful from then on. I will note that the staying power seemed weak at first, but I think it was just me getting "used to it" and not smelling it anymore. After waking up this morning though, I was able to smell it on my shirt very well. I can see girls and women of all ages liking this scent! It does not scream "teens only" or "old lady," and I am planning to experiment and layer this with some of my fruity scents. This smells more expensive to me, than it actually is! A 3.25 oz. cologne spray of this is $22 at "supercenter" and I snapped it up for less than $11 after shipping on eBay! Woot woot!!
My kids really seem to like this one on me-they smelled me and said "Mmm yummy!" I will report back later of hubby's comments.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mintygreen02

lovely scent! i bought mine for $14 and dont regret!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by kpriordan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews because I remember how much I loved The Body Shop's white musk perfume oil. This was not good. I bought it at a drug store for about $27 which I thought was overpriced before I even smelled it (I couldn't test it). Let me say I'm glad I kept my receipt. I sprayed a bit on my arm at home and at first it was not good, but I hoped it would develop. Later it was still not good. Smells kind of like crayons and a perfume trying to be a white musk scent. At least I know now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty light floral musk. Its not very strong and therefore may need to spritz several times. Its great for everyday use and would be great for romantic wear especially, having a guy snuggle up to because of how light it is. this stuff is cheap, smells great, and i will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Anne184

Like many of the reviewers here, this perfume was a staple of mine when I was in high school. This is the best white musk, better than The Body Shop white musk, in my opinion. It is a very light and feminine scent, and I cannot imagine this perfume would offend anyone. It smells clean and comforting, and I like to spray it after I shower or before I get ready for bed.