Essence Multi Action Mascara

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/14/2014 5:05:00 AM

i hate spending alot of money for make-up, especially for things that run out pretty quick like mascara... and this mascara is amazing for the price!! i love the fact that it holds my curl as my lashes are extremly stubborn and always go flat after using most mascara's, it also gives me alot of volume and it doesnt clump! i defenitly recommend this!

on 10/21/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

No... Doesn't do much for my lashes. It's quite "wet" and dries slowly, doesn't ad any volume nor curl. It only gives my lashes colour, nothing else.

on 10/19/2014 2:49:00 PM

Finally, a positive review!

This was my first mascara, and lo and behold it has yet to be challenged.

First of all, the price!!! Like, it's cheap. Anything else I have to say? Great if you're on a budget, or a teenager and want to try something out without spending too much.

The packaging is simple; plastic, straight brush, no nonsense. I find the brush to be practical, I don't need mine curved or very large.

This mascara gives you what it set out to: slightly fuller, longer and more voluminous lashes. I'll be honest, there's nothing special about this mascara, but it achieves a very natural look, which, back then, was perfect for me! But if you're looking for anything more than 'sightly better lashes', you ain't gettin it.

Also, can I give this a point for just,like, slapping me in the face with nostalgia every time I see the tube sitting in my stash. No? Alright.

The only problem with this mascara it well... it is cheap. (how ironic). It tends to dry out quickly, I think many will agree with me on this. Also, my mascara wand broke. I really don't mind since I've had mine for quite a while and it is kind of my fault, too.

TL;DR - Great, natural, and cheap. But also, cheap.

on 8/16/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great mascara! It didn't clump or flake on me and my lashes looked really natural, which is the look I like for them. It lasted a long time (more than six months) before it dried out. The brush is long and thin and the tube contains 9 ml (0.3 oz) for approx. 2.89 euro. I would recommend it for any one who likes natural looking eyelashes or is starting with makeup.

on 8/8/2014 9:33:00 AM

I have the waterproof version, and it does exactly what I need it to do: add some length to my thick but fairly stubby lashes; hold a curl; not smudge or flake; not irritate my eyes when I am wearing contacts. Anyone looking for volume or drama probably isn't going like this mascara, but it's a great everyday mascara for me. I've also layered it over Smashbox Hyperlash (which I love for the length I get, and hate for the flaking and smudging) for special occasion eyes.

on 5/15/2014 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A good everyday mascara. No dramatic effects, just natural, slightly sooty lashes. The formula sees a bit dry, so I wonder how many months it'll be good to use, but at the price, I would just get a new tube. Holds curl well (and I have straight Asian lashes). I would repurchase this a gift for my teen sister and recommend this to those who are starting to get into make-up or want a no-fuss mascara. I used to recommend Max Factor 2000 Calorie, but some still found it expensive (I imagine especially if you are a student or not a make-up person), so this is my gateway "but there's nothing to lose, it's so cheap!" pick for them. :)

on 5/10/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would recommend it. This is a great mascara, giving beautiful long and seperate lashes. Won't dry in that easily and is affordable. Perfect for me.

on 3/8/2014 10:06:00 PM

Didn't expect much from this product as I had never tried essence before but for its price I think it's great. It doesn't clump and the brush is long and thin so it's easy to use. My lashes look long and what I love is that they don't stick together, it just lengthens each lash on its own

on 1/20/2014 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Creates lovely voluminous lashes. This wears great, no smearing, flaking, or running whatsoever. It is very hard to remove it all with regular cleanser, though. No matter what I do at night (special remover, regular cleanser, oil to take off last bits, or all three), I always wake up with raccoon eyes. This is really cheap and is from a cruelty-free company, but since removal is a pain, I'm moving on to a different product and will not repurchase.

on 10/17/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is a rather mediocre mascara. I got this along with the Essence liquid eyeliner when I forgot my eye makeup one day and didn't want to spend the money on my usual L'oreal one.

The formula is somewhat creamy but goes on well and gives nice definition to the lashes. This would work well for women who are already blessed with decent lashes and aren't looking for volume or length.
I need both and this doesn't do much, other than giving me okay length but there's no thickness. It also smudges too.

At least I wasn't out a whole lot of money, just $2.49 CAD.
I don't recommend unless you want a really cheap mascara and even then, there are others that perform better.

Popular Mascaras