April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Mascara - Essence - Multi Action Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bec96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't expect much from this product as I had never tried essence before but for its price I think it's great. It doesn't clump and the brush is long and thin so it's easy to use. My lashes look long and what I love is that they don't stick together, it just lengthens each lash on its own

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Creates lovely voluminous lashes. This wears great, no smearing, flaking, or running whatsoever. It is very hard to remove it all with regular cleanser, though. No matter what I do at night (special remover, regular cleanser, oil to take off last bits, or all three), I always wake up with raccoon eyes. This is really cheap and is from a cruelty-free company, but since removal is a pain, I'm moving on to a different product and will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a rather mediocre mascara. I got this along with the Essence liquid eyeliner when I forgot my eye makeup one day and didn't want to spend the money on my usual L'oreal one.

The formula is somewhat creamy but goes on well and gives nice definition to the lashes. This would work well for women who are already blessed with decent lashes and aren't looking for volume or length.
I need both and this doesn't do much, other than giving me okay length but there's no thickness. It also smudges too.

At least I wasn't out a whole lot of money, just $2.49 CAD.
I don't recommend unless you want a really cheap mascara and even then, there are others that perform better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think this sells anymore but I will do the review anyway. It only lengthens but not a lot. It doesn't do much for volume or separation. It makes your lashes look sparse. You can't apply multiple coats onto your lashes or you'll see a lot of flaking. The mascara dries quickly however it easily smudges. I want to try out the all eyes on me next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I like this mascara a lot. It gives me good volume and length. The packaging is cute to. I just have so many mascaras I want to try that I will probably not repurchase. A great budget friendly mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

its rare for me to be disappointed in an Essence product, but this is it.

To begin, dont get me wrong there is essentially nothing wrong with this mascara, if you prefer a very subtle natural look.

I am not one of those people and like a voluminous mascara that also defines.
As I said this gives a soft and natural finish, which may be perfect to some.
It left my lashes soft as well, but did not volumise or define. It gave some subtle length.

For this reason I wont bring down the rating, as it is a decent mascara, but not to my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I have long lashes but i like some volume and a mascara that holds the curl very well, with no clumping.

This mascara is a good suprise. Very affordable and it does exacly what it claims to.

It volumises, separate the lashes, with no clumping. The volume is nice but very natural looking. It's not waterproof but it doesn't smudge throughout the day and keeps the curl very well.

I recommended this mascara to other friends and they liked it too.

I would buy this again, but i want to try some of their other mascaras, such as I Love Extreme Volume one, which has such good reviews here on MUA.

UPDATE:
This mascara is still one of my favorites. It's perfect for every occasion, and it doesn't make my eyes look too overdone... Really perfect for everyday wear, and minimal makeup looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Queertoxic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like it.
It separates and thicken my lashes, which is what I really want. I didn't really care much of lengthening (since my lashes are already kinda long), which it did a bit. I'd say it's really good for everyday wear. Hasn't flake or smudge on me, so that's a plus.

And no animal testing! So yay. I'd repurchase forever and ever. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Skylucy01

This is my new favourite mascara! It's cheap, holds a curl, lengthens & volumizes my lashes and is one of the few mascaras I have found that doesn't smudge on me. It is also easy to remove with soap and water which is also a big plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

such a fail. purchased it because of the great reviews online. it only provides lenght, and that is after 3 coats. no curling or volume whatsoever. its cheap yes, thaat the only positive side