September 2, 2014 | 1620 users online

Mascara - Essence - Multi Action Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by subahe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara! It didn't clump or flake on me and my lashes looked really natural, which is the look I like for them. It lasted a long time (more than six months) before it dried out. The brush is long and thin and the tube contains 9 ml (0.3 oz) for approx. 2.89 euro. I would recommend it for any one who likes natural looking eyelashes or is starting with makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by swirrlygrrl

I have the waterproof version, and it does exactly what I need it to do: add some length to my thick but fairly stubby lashes; hold a curl; not smudge or flake; not irritate my eyes when I am wearing contacts. Anyone looking for volume or drama probably isn't going like this mascara, but it's a great everyday mascara for me. I've also layered it over Smashbox Hyperlash (which I love for the length I get, and hate for the flaking and smudging) for special occasion eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

A good everyday mascara. No dramatic effects, just natural, slightly sooty lashes. The formula sees a bit dry, so I wonder how many months it'll be good to use, but at the price, I would just get a new tube. Holds curl well (and I have straight Asian lashes). I would repurchase this a gift for my teen sister and recommend this to those who are starting to get into make-up or want a no-fuss mascara. I used to recommend Max Factor 2000 Calorie, but some still found it expensive (I imagine especially if you are a student or not a make-up person), so this is my gateway "but there's nothing to lose, it's so cheap!" pick for them. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would recommend it. This is a great mascara, giving beautiful long and seperate lashes. Won't dry in that easily and is affordable. Perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bec96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't expect much from this product as I had never tried essence before but for its price I think it's great. It doesn't clump and the brush is long and thin so it's easy to use. My lashes look long and what I love is that they don't stick together, it just lengthens each lash on its own

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Creates lovely voluminous lashes. This wears great, no smearing, flaking, or running whatsoever. It is very hard to remove it all with regular cleanser, though. No matter what I do at night (special remover, regular cleanser, oil to take off last bits, or all three), I always wake up with raccoon eyes. This is really cheap and is from a cruelty-free company, but since removal is a pain, I'm moving on to a different product and will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a rather mediocre mascara. I got this along with the Essence liquid eyeliner when I forgot my eye makeup one day and didn't want to spend the money on my usual L'oreal one.

The formula is somewhat creamy but goes on well and gives nice definition to the lashes. This would work well for women who are already blessed with decent lashes and aren't looking for volume or length.
I need both and this doesn't do much, other than giving me okay length but there's no thickness. It also smudges too.

At least I wasn't out a whole lot of money, just $2.49 CAD.
I don't recommend unless you want a really cheap mascara and even then, there are others that perform better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think this sells anymore but I will do the review anyway. It only lengthens but not a lot. It doesn't do much for volume or separation. It makes your lashes look sparse. You can't apply multiple coats onto your lashes or you'll see a lot of flaking. The mascara dries quickly however it easily smudges. I want to try out the all eyes on me next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I like this mascara a lot. It gives me good volume and length. The packaging is cute to. I just have so many mascaras I want to try that I will probably not repurchase. A great budget friendly mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

its rare for me to be disappointed in an Essence product, but this is it.

To begin, dont get me wrong there is essentially nothing wrong with this mascara, if you prefer a very subtle natural look.

I am not one of those people and like a voluminous mascara that also defines.
As I said this gives a soft and natural finish, which may be perfect to some.
It left my lashes soft as well, but did not volumise or define. It gave some subtle length.

For this reason I wont bring down the rating, as it is a decent mascara, but not to my tastes.