October 25, 2014 | 1350 users online

Liquid - Australis - Mineral Inject Liquid Foundation SPF12

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by britneylikeschicken

This product is horrible! It was orange, mousy, did not sit on my skin, accentuated my pores, I felt cakey even when I had a tiny amount on, made me look greasy and overall, the scent was overwhelming. I paid almost $20 AU for mine. I love Australis eye products but a definite no the the face products. Worst product I've ever used!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Omg, I'm so relieved to hear that I'm not the only one that has a problem with Australis foundations leaving me with bumps on my skin at the end of the day, and eventually breaking my skin out if I wear it for a prolonged period, e.g. a few days in a row. Then again it sucks that other people are having the same problem as me! What are they putting in their foundation!

The coverage is light - medium, I would say, which is fine for me, but the quality of the product is terrible so :/

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

The only thing good i have to say about this is the packaging, i love that it has a pump. The product itself, is HORRIBLE! No coverage what so ever. It gave me little weird bumps on my cheeks and it was so ugly and disgusting. Not happy at all and i paid $16. Its just sitting on my vanity because it looks good on my make up collection. It has a lot of shimmers in it too which isn't pretty at all. Compared to the revlon photoready the shimmers in the revlon one is soooo pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Janz25

This product is not good if your looking for a good coverage! i think its over priced for what it is at NZD$22 the pump style bottle is good and the consistency of the foundation is nice.the statement 'superior coverage' is false as it offers very little coverage i wouldn't recommend this

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by ash333

AWFUL STUFF! I have really pale skin and have trouble finding foundation that doesnt leave me looking orange. I bought this in the lightest shade and it was still too dark for me. Now i can't blame the product for my pale skin but after about an hour this foundation left me looking liked i'd been in a sand storm. It left me with a dusty cracked looking face.....It was just terrible. I paid about $15 for it an while thats not expensive i do hate to waste money and thats exactly what i did on this product. Worst foundation i've ever bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by cs515269

I have to dissagree with the below reviews...

I love this foundation! I Apply by doing 1-2 pumps on the back of my hand then dabbing a stippling brush (mac 187 or similar) and swirling on my skin and down my neck. it provides me with a great natural looking complexion, dries semi matt with very little stickyness without powder and applies quickly and effortlessly with the use of a duo fibre brush. If you are looking for a huge amount of coverage this may not be for you, but if you only have one or two blemishes that need concealing this will be perfectly fine when teamed with a good concealer. Affordable at only $22NZD this is half the price of my Revlon Foundations that i normally use and this foundation is in strong competition with them.

Will repurchase and use regularly.

non greasy, easy to blend when using a duo fibre brush, i like it very very much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just a mediocre foundation. Does not have much coverage. Does not really cover much at all.
That said the colour match is good, even though there are only a few options. The foundation is in a pump bottle which is nice and convenient and it hasn't irritated my skin in any way, hence the 3 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Initially I wanted to purchase the australis mineral purity powder, however there was none currently in stock, this was the next best option as I needed to leave the store with something.

This is a liquid mineral foundation which gives a light coverage, available in a limited range of colours. When I set it with my own 50/50 mix of natio mineral powder and australis mineral illuminating wand powder, it makes my skin look absolutely flawless and glowing, and has good staying power.

The cons are:

- I find it difficult to get an even coverage with this and seem to spend far longer getting trying to it even and non-streaky looking than should be necessary, meaning that I often overlook it in the morning for my MAC MSF, which goes on perfectly in seconds.

- With any other powder other than my own magic mix, it really doesn't look as good, making it more expensive having to buy three different items to get the right look.

- It comes in a very limited range of colours, though luckily there is one that matches my tone.

- Coverage is too light to cover imperfections, it really just evens you out.

In all, I'm not sure if I will buy this again or not purely because of the effort required to get this looking flawless, even though it's worth it when I do.

Edited to add: I've finally found a more effective way of applying this, using my Eco Tools baby kabuki. I have 4 kabukis but this is the only one that seems to work with this as it's the softest, least dense brush I have. This makes it a little easier to apply, using a stippling motion, then letting it set for about 30sec before I start buffing, but I'm still not convinced I'd get it again as I still have all the problems above.