Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 3/30/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This foundation is my favorite and best I've ever used. Ive been using it for a few months & will probably never use anything else. It has a very light liquid texture & the finish is between dewy and matte. It makes your skin flawless and lasts all day. I probably wouldn't recommend it for oily skin though. I'm fair skinned so I have the lightest shade No. 51 Vanille Clair. It makes my skin look slightly better and never has broken me out or clogged my pores. The only downfall is that it's not available in the U.S. However you can definitely purchase off ebay & Amazon for under $20.

on 3/29/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this foundation for a week and I'm very pleasantly surprised! I just picked it up on a discount, so it only cost me 7.50 euro, crazy cheap for a product that can compete with high end foundations.

For your colour reference: I'm a Mac NC20, Bobbi Brown 2.25 cool sand and I bought this in shade 51, which is the perfect match for my light but warm skintone. I like the little pump as it's hygienic and gives the exact right amount. It has a strong fruity smell when you apply it, but that doesn't bother me. Coverage I'd say is medium and not buildable, a thin layer of this gives the best result. I apply it with my fingers after moisturizing and buff it in with my RT expert face brush. It evens out and improves my skintone and it leaves a dewey healthy glow. It actually looks exactly like my Bobbi Brown foundation stick, with a very big positive difference: this doesn't cling to or highlight dry patches or flakes! It leaves my skin looking smooth and so very natural, like skin, but so much prettier! People have complimented me on my skin, saying I look great and I have this glowing healthy looking skin! As I have very dry skin that usually doesn't look very good I never get compliments like that!
On non-active days it lasts a good 8 hours, maybe longer, but I usually clean my face when I get home. I just need a small touch up with translucent powder to get rid of some shine on my t-zone. On active, busy days I'd say it lasts around 6 hours with some extra powder-ups.

I have a very hard time finding the right foundation that doesn't emphasize my dry skin AND also matches my skintone, so 5 lippies are definately in place here! This has everything I want in a foundation and for a bargain price! I never thought I'd use that term, but this might just be my HG!

on 3/27/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
Pros:
+ Natural
+ Medium cover ( better than the serum foundation which has light cover )
+ Easy to blend
+ Does not cause break out

Cons:
+ Not really long-lasting ( a little bit better than the serum foundation )
+ Not buildable
+ Not suitable with ppl who have oily skin

on 3/23/2015 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great foundation with medium coverage. I have combo skin with oily T zone and dry cheeks, and this foundation works well overall. It has a nice dewy finish on me, and I only have to powder my T zone once through out the day. The foundation doesn't have any SPF, it's perfect for photos. Comparing to the Giorgio Armani lasting silk foundation, I definitely prefer this one.

The downside of this line is that the selection of the shades is quite limited. It might be difficult to find your match.

on 3/21/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My skin is very pale with yellow/neutral undertones and the lightest color 51 is a reasonably good match for my NC10 skin. I love the pump bottle though admittedly it's also light and skimpy because it's made of plastic instead of glass. I don't mind.

The finish of this foundation is curiously satiny and dry but it works wonderfully on my dry/combo skin and doesn't accentuate any dry areas, flakiness or fine lines. I usually don't set it with powder at all and it still manages to disappears into the skin, leaving no stickiness or oily feel on my face.

The only major drawback for me is the smell, it is an irritatingly strong berry/fruity cachophony but luckily it disappears soon after application.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the lightest shade of this foundation shade 51 light vanilla and its still too dark on my fair skin, i feel all the bourjois foundation accommodate more the medium skin tones rather than fair or dark.
On the positive it does however have a lovely smell and consistency, applies well and does not oxidise on the skin
The 16 hour claim of this foundation is far from true I'd say 4 hours max but that may just be on my combination/oily skin.
overall I would not purhase again.

on 3/14/2015 2:09:00 PM

I find this foundation a bit hard to blend. If i think i have blended it well by the end of the day i will realise that i have been wrong. It felt nice on my skin, it didn't break me out and the smell was quite pleasant for me. Although at first application it looks like the shade matches my skin quite well after an hour or so the color will become a bit darker.

on 3/5/2015 2:55:00 PM

I bought this accidently after rushing into Boots to repurchase the Healthy Mix Serum and thought I would give it a go since I had it. Considering my love of the serum version this couldnt be any more different. It really dried my skin out and applied horribly by clinging to any dry patches and felt horrible on my skin. I think if you had normal to oily skin then perhaps you would get on better with this.

on 2/27/2015 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

HATE this foundation - it looks awful no matter how I apply it, with primer, powder, on it's own, with various brushes. It looks cakey, oily, patchy and clings to dry patches.

on 2/26/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for a long time now that when I realised I haven't reviewed it yet, I was shocked because I've been enjoying using it so much! Firstly, I like how it was easy for me to find a shade from is foundation because having a warmer skin tone, most drugstore foundations out there are way too pink or ashy for me. This was not like that; it's more warm toned, so if you have a cool skin tone, word of warning. If you're Asian like me, or just have a warm skin tone, consider this foundation.

Coverage is light-medium, but easily buildable. But make sure the foundation dries 100% before building up the coverage again because it will slide. Don't worry though, the finish isn't greasy or oily and it doesn't slip and slide during the day. The finish is kinda interesting to describe, actually... the finish looks dewy but not greasy or oily looking or cakey (at least on me.. if you have doubts, just use finishing powder) but the feel is velvety. The longest I've worn this foundation was about 8hrs and it didn't really budge *too* much which is awesome!!

Reason why I took away one lipstick from a perfect 5/5 is I don't think it suits super dry skin. My skin gets oily and dry at the same time, largely due to the weather, and when I have dry patches on my cheeks or nose, I find that I HAVE to skip this foundation in favour of one with an oilier formula because it accentuates dry patches and continues to make it look worse with prolonged wear :(

Thus, I think this foundation, at least in my personal experience, is better for oilier skins because despite its dewy finish, it doesn't perpetuate your skin to become oilier throughout the day. I make sure to put some finishing powder though just in case too. And lastly, this foundation did not make my skin itch or break out or anything at all! This is the most important thing to me; that whatever I put on my face doesn't make me break out :) I highly recommend this foundation for general everyday use given its properties and the fact that it's not too expensive either if you can easily access it (if not, they sell it online on asos.com).

Will I repurchase then? I still have a couple of other foundations on my radar that I'm curious to try too, but I'm 99.9% sure I'll come back to this one in the long run!

Video Reviews & Tutorials