October 26, 2014 | 994 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by KMCJM

I got this after reading reviews on here. I have acne prone skin, but this last winter my skin had been so dry and the foundations I was using just make it look dry and flaky and patchy.
Healthy mix has been fantastic, my skin looks fresh and dewy when wearing it. Even after finishing with a powder. You will need a powder and probably some kind of base too because it just doesn't last without it. Goes on and blends nicely, it's only a light to medium coverage, but can build it up a little and it still looks nice.
The smell is lovely and fruity. It is quite moisturising which I was looking for. I really like this and would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Charlotta800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to find an SPF free (chemical SPFs often cause me probs) foundation with yellow undertones that I could wear day to day and that would suit my acne prone yet super dry skin. Sadly this isn't it! I like it, the coverage is heavier than I expected and it tends to find the drier areas of my face (round my nose, between eyebrows etc) and kind of congeal. It's not so bad that it's a total deal breaker but enough that it makes it obvious I'm wearing foundation. I don't put it on my very acne prone areas, lower jaw and chin because instinct tells me it will break me out if I do, unless I'm going out and it'll only be on for a few hours, in which case I put it everywhere. For me it works quite well as a going out base but I probably won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jplakhot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome product! I have super fair skin with olive undertone, so it is very difficult to find a light foundation that is not pink and doesn't cost half an arm. I wear shade 51 in the winter, and 52 in the summer, and both look fantastic, exact match for me. Very nice finish, easy to layer for some more coverage without looking cakey (although you still need concealer), and I wear it every day and it does not break me out (even though I have horribly oily acne-prone skin). Also a tip for Canadians, do not buy this at Shoppers, it is crazy overpriced (and I think they may only carry the serum version), but rather order it online :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. It's not cheap here in Australia (around $32 if I remember correctly) but it has a gorgeous finish, lasts well and is easily buildable. Unfortunately the lightest shade is a tad dark for me, but I'll keep it around for when I'm a bit more tanned or mix it with a lightened because I love it so much!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by libertine1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Once again I bought because of the hype. On all those blogs (Lisa Eldrige and so forth) and reviews it said lightweight, dewy skin without looking oily and their palest shade (51) was also a really light one. So I bought it online, because where I live there is no possibility to look at it in a store.

First of all, the smell: Fruity but for me it smells fruity in a very chemical way. Did not like the smell at all.

Second, it broke me out again and again. I have sensitive combination skin, which tends to break out, whenever my skin does not like something. So it happened here as well.
Because of my combination skin, which isn't on the too oily sight (just a little bit shine in the t-zone, the rest is normal), I had the feeling this looked very shiny on my skin. Like I bathed in oil. I guess for dryer skins this is basically heaven, but this was one of the reasons it also did not lasted very long on me.

So all in all: Not for me. The colour though fits for paler skins I have to say.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by uptownracoon

I really really wanted to like this foundation, but it broke me out every single time i used it. I researched it a lot before i bought it and others claim it's their HG foundation. With or without primer i would get little red dots at the end of the day. Lately my contact dermatitis has been worse with it and i would get larger, more irate dry patches from using it.

I would suggest those interested to try it in store first and wear it on their face for a whole day before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by fibowler

Love this foundation, I keep coming back to this one after getting sucked into the advertising of a new "high end" foundations and being left unsatisfied! It's very similar to a lot of Chanel foundations IMO but obviously a hell of a lot cheaper. It's very natural looking but covers well at the same time, lasts well on my skin but Iv got normal/combination skin so not sure how well it would wear on oily skin. I have to mix two shades together to get a good colour match but for the price it doesn't even matter!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim while on vacation because I desperatly needed a basic cheap foundation because I forgot to bring one. I did not expect it to be as good as it is. This is such a great product in every single way. Works like a charm on my combination skin, even if I'm dry or oily. This is one of very few foundations I've used that does not make me super oily throughout the day. Healthy Mix is actually a lot better than most of my high end expensive foundations. Gives me a truly flawless finish, and it's builable as well. Gives me a nice, even skintone and natural glow without making me look greasy, and it actually hydrates my skin when it's dry. And to top it off; quite longlasting. I've worn it for 12 hours and it still looked nice and fresh. Yep, HG for sure. And so afforable. I would love this even if it didn't have a pump, but it does so it's pretty much perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my God! This is really worth the hype. Although it took me quite a time to get use to it. I have shade 52 Vanilla and it is perfect for me in summer where I am "tanned". In winter it is awful - I look like a lemon - the yellow undertone is just too visible. But in summer it lasts in the heat, it has good coverage, is not cakey. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by lazybeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Top 3 foundations of all time. Ever made. It's ridiculously good value when you compare it to Chanel nearly 5 times the price for virtually the same effect. I LOVE the smell of it, I love how it sets into the skin without settling into fine lines! I love how brightening it is and how well it layers when you add a 2nd layer where your skin needs it most. The packaging is awesome! Will be repurchasing this until the end of time.