Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 8/1/2015 9:15:00 AM

In my opinion, this foundation is just okay but there are many more cons than pros with it. Firstly, the shade range is terrible, I think there's 5 or 6 shades, which all have very strong yellow undertones which is ridiculous. Very pale people and those with darker skin tones will definitely struggle to get a good match with this foundation. I have yellow undertones myself but this foundation is far too yellow. It oxidizes like crazy..before you buy this swatch it on your hand in the store and then leave it for about twenty minutes and the color will have turned a horrible musty yellow orange color which is so disappointing.

It doesn't last on my skin. Immediately after application there is a nice glow to the face but this disappears in about two hours and then it just becomes oily and nasty looking, and about two shades darker.

The packaging is nice and practical and the price is great but due to the bad color range, the oxidization that occurs and the fact that it doesn't last very well on my face I wouldn't recommend this foundation and I definitely won't repurchase.

on 7/30/2015 12:13:00 PM

My all time favourite everyday foundation 💗
-I do like the finish it's semi matte a bit dewy, which reflects a healthy skin.

-it has a yellow undertone suits me perfectly and looks very natural. (I have olive skin).

- long lasting on my compo skin i use primer and setting powder.

- The packaging is great yet hygenic.

Actually i have nothing to complain about. It's amazing drugstore foundation. The day i first wore it i recieved many compliments from my classmates.

Thanks to Sinead Cady who convinced me to give bourjois foundations a try 💞

on 7/30/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This foundation is not suitable for oily skin. When you apply it, it looks quite nice, but after 1 or 2 hours you start to look extremy oily, cakey and patchy. The lightest shade (51 Light Vanilla) is too dark for my pale skin. Also the coverage is very light, it will not cover any redness on my face. I would not reccomend this for peopel with oily skin!

on 7/26/2015 4:33:00 AM

I love Bourjois foundations... Well, most of them!

And the original Healthy Mix is one of them (I haven't tried the reformulated / repackaged Healthy Mix Healthy Glow foundation, so this will be a review of the ORIGINAL Healthy Mix foundation).

I first started dabbling with makeup around 4-5 years ago, with my very first foundation purchase being the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and the second one being this. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. Not long after, I discovered that Chanel makeup is made by Bourjois, which explains the similaarities these two foundations have!

The Healthy Mix foundation is a medium-to-full coverage foundation. It has a very creamy texture that spreads very beautifully across the skin and gives out a dewy finish. Whenever I wear this foundation, people compliment me and say I've got "great skin", which is really flattering as truth be told, I don't have great skin. =D

Due to its dewy finish, I highly suggest wearing a mattifying primer / using a mattifying powder if you have oily skin, or this will have a tendency to slide off the face.

I still have backups of this Healthy Mix foundation, which I refrigerate. Yep, I'm that crazy lady who keeps backups of backups of some of her favourite makeup items! =D I wear Healthy Mix mostly for night functions, as it gives my skin such a beautiful glow. No strobing required!

on 7/24/2015 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first liquid foundation. I have always received compliments when I have worn this foundation, most regarding the glow that results on my face after using this. Consistency is semi-liquid, serum type which blends easily. I have two reservations however: A) I was unable to find the right match for my skintone, hence the shade I had was lighter than I actually am, B) this foundation has a lot of flashback, and you cannot wear this if you know you are going to be photographed. It has a slight smell, its pleasant. I recommend this, and will repurchase as a day foundation if I can find the right match.

on 7/22/2015 2:41:00 PM

I didn't love this product, but I didn't hate it either! I have a lot of redness on my skin and this foundation offered very little coverage for me personally. However on the other areas of my face it worked well. Not my go to foundation but it's definitely not the worst.

on 7/21/2015 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say I am really pleasantly surprised with this foundation. They are always saying you must never scrimp on foundation and that you get what you pay for, over the years I must have spent in excess of £5000 on various high end foundations. My go to base products for when I want a really fresh and long lasting make up look would be Estée Lauder Doublewear Light, Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer but seeing as I like to wear a flawless make up look all the time, this can be a little expensive to work all the time. This brings me to this lovely little foundation Bourjois Healthy Mix, I wanted something that would be super easy to apply, perfect for everyday and inexpensive and this ticks all those boxes and then some! It has a lovely fruity scent that is nice but not overbearing, a lovely,undetectable finish but a good coverage, this is definitely a medium coverage formula that can be built up, it has a good wear time not as good as EL Doublewear but perfect for everyday. I am shade 52 Vanilla which is perfect for my warm fair skintone with yellow undertones, I loved this formula so much that I have since purchased the matching concealer and powder, normally 3 for 2 in boots so I have my full base products for under £20 which is certainly purse friendly. I would highly recommend this and rumour has it Bourjois is made in the same factory as Chanel Make up and the texture of this formula is very high end, it reminds me of Chanel Vitalumiere but I personally think the Healthy Mix is better in terms of finish and longevity!

on 7/12/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think this is THE BEST drugstore foundation, easily. I have normal/dry skin and it hydrates my skin very well and doesn't accentuate my dry patches. Best applies with a beauty blender. Have repurchased this many times. This is a perfect product for people with yellowy skin tones.

on 7/11/2015 10:52:00 AM

The only foundation I ever buy. I have dry skin with an oily T zone, however this is still very sensitive and can go red if I use the wrong foundation or primer. This foundation has never broken me out or caused any aggravation and I wouldn't use any other foundation unless they stopped producing this. Definitely the best drugstore foundation I've ever found.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is my holy grail foundation.
this works perfectly for my oily skin it gave me a flawless buildable coverage and yet i looked natural and it gave me the most beautiful matte skin.i applied it with my stippling brush because it makes the foundation looks more flawless and skin-like finish.i bought the shade 51 which was too light for me but it still matched my neck since i bronzed up my face.but i really recommend this foundation for people with oily skin.if you're dry this might make your dry patches shows up.but overall.i love this