October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Studio Finish Skin Corrector

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think my skin is much too dry for this.It emphasizes it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by nchinoy

For reference, I am an NC15 - 20, pale skin and dark eyes and hair. I also have hereditary dark circles that also stain my eyelids.

I have been through a lot of concealers, both high and low end. I used to use MAC studio finish in NW20 (I am yellow/olive toned but the warmer pink toned concealer helps counter dark circles) and it was OK, but not great and used to crease on me. Plus, my circles still peeked through. Then I moved on to MUFE Full Cover in no.5, which is amazing, but my circles still show through, even after 2 layers. I then bit the bullet and bought the Bobbi Brown corrector in light/medium bisque and that has really helped, especially when layered under either my MUFE full cover or my YSL Touche Eclat in 2. That said, I still felt like it was letting the darkness through, so I thought it was time to pull out the big guns and go pro.

This corrector really is bright orange. At the MAC store, the SA told me to mix it with my regular concealer as the pigment is strong and dark for my pale skin. She mixed it with NC20 and it worked pretty well, looking natural but not particularly bright. The darkness was still coming through a bit. I bought it anyway thinking I could experiment with it till I got it to work. I tried layering it under my concealer today but it totally didn't work - looked way too dark on me. Looks like I'll have to keep playing with it but from what I can tell, it might just be better to go back to Bobbi Brown.

Shame, was really hoping to find something that finally worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

Pure orange:
I am both glad that I got hold of this, and also regret not buying it earlier. I have fair skin with really dark circles, which is a huge problem since light coloured concealer doesn't work and a darker color obviously defeats the purpose. So for all you Indian women out there,this is your solution.
Ive tried them all, peach correctors, NW range of concealer,stage makeup...everything. This one beats them all! And since it works on colour theory,you are only applying a super thin layer of makeup under your eye. However,a concealer with a moist or tacky consistency will draw in a lot of the orange and start to look more orange than yellow. Not a good look. Ive found it works best with the studio finish concealer.

The only rant I have is that I do remember seeing this in almost every MAC store in india, packaged in little pots like the concealer. However out here in Philadelphia (turns out, all of North America actually), its a pro only product and can be ordered online, but it is available only in refill pans-Meaning most likely you cant try it out in store. Maybe they have more demand in India? No clue!
All that said, I would still purchase, untill someone either: 1.finds me a cheaper option
2. Finds me the pot version :-P

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by koko47

YES!! for you ladies with dark circles try out the Skin Corrector in Light Peach!! It is the only thing that truly lightens my circles. I have tried Cle de Peau beaute concealer and it doesn't work as good as the MAC one. The only downside is that it is only available from MAC Pro Stores so I can only get it in downtown Vancouver.

The other note is that it is the pan only so you need a container if you don't already have one. I just plopped it in one of my old MAC concealer pots.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kirakiraboshi82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

{LIGHT PEACH }

I have a very light skin, probably nw10 - nw15, and I have some undereye puffyness that casts a shadow. With in the innereye a bit of green/blue/grey coloration. Well this product is truly amazing. Previously I had been using touche eclat no. 1, and even though thats an amazing product it didnt give me that freshness anymore. Now with a tiny amount of product using a small densly fibered eyeshadow brush i apply it in the shadowarea, blend it out a bit upwards, then apply mineralize skinfinish in light and the result is amazing. totally freshed up face, it doesnt dry out and doesnt cling in my fine lines, I am totally in love with this!!! So if you have light skin pick up this one, it does micacles!!

{BLONDE ASH}

After waxing facial hairs a have terrible red bumps and this conceals that easily, though with severe redness I found that some extra foundation and then a powder helps best. Im quiete new to this one and still exploring the possibilities, but it surely covers redness on skin way better than the studio finish concealer does. And the texture is supercreamy, and when it is set you cant even see I have something on my face!!

now for both colors:
PROS:

-creamy texture, so also good for dry skin
-covers specific problems
-cheap, because you buy them in a pan

CONS:

-only available at pro-stores

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this corrector after moisturising but before concealer and powder. It really does cover up extremely dark circles and pigmentation around the eye.
The trick is to use it sparingly - don't COAT your skin with bright orange but dab on enough so that you can blend it into your skin and let the orange neutralise the black/blue from within. If the orange gets on to skin that is not pigmented, it's going to show up as orange, so you want to be very careful with how much you use.
I apply mine with an eyeshadow sponge applicator, working in little dots on areas that are darkest (inner corners, part of nose where sunglasses rest and under the eye). The blending takes some time, but let the corrector work with your body heat to melt easily and you'll be fine. Most people use a brush. I find it deposits too much product in places I don't want it.
The concealer over the corrector is what does the trick, it covers up any too-warm, too-coral areas and covers up all the blue. I use Studio Sculpt, which of course needs setting - so Select Sheer goes on top.
The corrector is always out of stock in India, so I may have to pick up a refill when I holiday abroad. it lasts a very long time, since I use so little. But I'm glad I gave it a try. I have deep set eyes and dark circles don't help. The corrector really does brighten up my eyes.
Edit: If you need to tone down the orange (and I've found it helps to tone down orange even on NC 40 skintones) here's a tip: blend your corrector with a tiny drop of liquid foundation, mix it up to get an apricot shade and figure out the quantities to get the right balance of orange and yellow you want. It does offer more coverage than a concealer and makes the orange easier to blend in and camouflage the worst areas.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the studio finish skin corrector in Pure Orange and it really does help diminish dark circles under the eyes when used in conjunction with my concealer. I didn't think an orange color would work; however, it really does.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No