La Roche Posay Toleriane Softening Foaming Gel

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Poloxamer 184, Coco-Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Capryloyl Glycine, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Capryl Glycol.

on 2/15/2015 9:24:00 AM

I was trying to find a cleanser for my sensitive (adult)acne-prone skin, because I was told that acne-prone skin needs very sensitive type of cleansers in order to not get irritation. Well, I read all the good reviews and was happy to purchase this. I also have to tell that I haven't had a bad reaction from any cleanser before NOW (normally use Guinot or Bioline). This cleanser was stinging my face so bad! When I dried my face with a towel, I saw how my cheeks were abnormally red. It was very very unpleasant to use this cleanser because of the hard stinging sensation. I will never repurchase this, nor use it for my face again. I have no idea what part of the cleanser does this irritation... :( Maybe citric acid?

on 1/1/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

La Roche is working fine to me. Previously I was using Effaclar Gel Cleanser, then i found out it was drying my skin, after my first tube is empty, i decide to not repurchase and try this cleanser. This cleanser is working fine, no breakout. But after couple of week my skin feels tight. i think it is because of SLS, as i knew that SLS is drying and irritating skin. i changed to Avene Cleanance Soapless, the ingredients of this product is pretty good, but after three days my face broke out, small pimples all over the face.

So i am back to continue using this cleanser. May be i just need to find the right moisturizer since the winter is coming. I guess i will also try from this range. I love this cleanser.

on 6/4/2014 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I use Bioderma to remove my make up and I like to cleansing gel or something which is to be used with water after that. So far this is HG facial cleanser for me. Fragrance free, Paraben free, pH 5.5, reasonable price ... Perfect!

on 12/29/2012 8:56:00 AM

I really like La Roche Posay's Toleriane moisturiser so I figured I would try the matching cleanser. Some people find that this leaves a film on their skin but I have had no problems with it - I will say however that straight out of tube the gel consistency is a little goopy and almost sticks to the skin so I highly suggest really working this into a lather BEFORE putting it on your face. That way, I find it rinses clean. A real bonus with this product that other 'mild' cleansers often lack is that it gets my mascara off without a trace yet does not dry my skin out; in fact, my face feels really soft after using it.

on 5/16/2012 1:09:00 PM

I liked that this is fragrance-free, its creamy texture and good cleansing power (I only use sunscreen and powder). After cleansing my skin was hydrated, but I felt that it left a film (that i didn't like) and it was harder to rinse than the other cleansers i tried.

This is NOT for truly acne-prone skin. I tried it several times and every time I saw the same thing happening: tiny bumps emerging all over my face! The only change in my routine was this cleanser, so it had to be this product .

on 12/17/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a different cleanser from the Foaming Cream. This one comes in the 150ml tube and not the 125ml tube, it's for normal-combination sensitive skin.

This is an okay cleanser. I use it in the morning on a wet face, and at night as a 2nd cleanser after makeup removal on a dry face. It feels like it's cleansing without stripping the skin. Sometimes, I feel like there's still a layer of film on my face.

Yes I would buy this again because it is gentle. It's good for the morning but I don't feel like this is doing enough for days when I wear makeup, even though I've used a makeup remover before..

on 1/31/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This LRP Toleriane cleanser is not to be confused with the Purifying Foaming Cream cleanser that LRP markets in the US and throughout Europe. Curiously, I found out that this product even existed when I was searching through La Roche Posay's website and found that they had an "International" website in addition to the websites that it has for different countries. Curiously, this particular product is not on the US, Canada or other English language LRP websites that I could find other than the "International" website mentioned.

I've been using both the LRP Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream and this particular cleanser, called LRP Toleriane Softening Foaming Gel and find that I like the consistency of the gel product as a cleanser much more than the cream. While the cream cleanser can feel rather odd upon rinsing (and some people say that the feeling is that the skin is tight or too clean), the gel cleanser doesn't leave skin feeling tight or too dry but rather clean, soothed and softened. Like the other 2 cleansers in the Toleriane line, it, too, contains no fragrance or preservatives and a little of this product ( a pea size amount) goes a very long way. A very small pea size drop on my hand with a little water produced copious amounts of foaming lather and cleaned very effectively without stripping. I experienced no irritation, red bumps or any other allergic reactions with this gel version cleanser. I find myself reaching for this cleanser constantly instead of my other standbys, Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash and Olay Gentle Cleansing Wash, because my skin feels so much better and I believe this gel cleanser is even milder to my skin. I already ordered another bottle as a backup because I love this cleanser. It's hard to find but so worth it. I plan to write to LRP to ask them to make this readily available in the US. This gel cleanser is a happy medium between the emollient Toleriane Dermo Cleanser and Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser and should be made more widely available.