November 24, 2014 | 899 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - EyeStudio Color Pearls Bronze Blowout

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

Apart from its mascaras, some liners and maybe any foundation, Maybelline doesn't make good products, in my opinion. I should have remembered it before buying this eyeshadow.
When I saw it at the store, the colors and the package reminded me of some mineralize eyeshadows made by MAC and Revlon. The colors seemed to be gorgeous and shimmery. I applied a bit of product on my wrist. The colors were a bronze/brown with olive undertones and a kind of golden beige mixed with some traces of brown (which looks really orange on the skin). The second color wasn't my favorite but I wanted to give a try to the bronze color. It seemed to be quite pretty.
When I tried to do my makeup, the result was a total mess of glitter and more glitter with no color. The lighter shade has no color at all. It's pure orange glitter, hard to remove. Even if you like glitters (like me), the result is totally unflattering. As regard to the bronze color, I'd say it's not big deal. Less glittery than the other one. The color is a mix of bronze/brown with olive undertones but very, very opaque. In both cases, the lack of pigmentation is surprising. The product has so much glitter. It's hard to remove. You clean your lids and even after doing it carefully, you'll see little particles of glitter.
Except the package (which is quite decent), there is nothing good about this product. The colors, the texture, the pigmentation, the amount of glitter, everything is bad.
It was that kind of impulsive purchase that I'll avoid in the future. In the same way, I'll avoid certain Maybelline products like eyeshadows. This brand is only useful for mascaras.
In general, the price is totally affordable. But considering the results, I'd say it's expensive. Whatever you pay for this product, it's too much. As you get nothing in return, I'd say that any price is expensive for this eyeshadow.
Obviously, I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I bought this eyeshadow while I was on vacation about 2 summers ago. I usually go through all my makeup every once in a while, & throw away whatever I don't use. Recently, I was going through my makeup, & I found this all the way in the back of my drawer. I tried using it, & then I started to remember why it's been sitting in the back of my drawer pretty much ever since I bought it. This eyeshadow duo is a GLITTERY MESS. If you're the type of person who can't stand glitter/fallout from eyeshadows that get all over your face, this is your worst nightmare. This eyeshadow is literally the definition of what I try to stay away from. In the pan, this eyeshadow looks amazing. But, when you apply them to your eyes, it's a whole different story. The brown looks dirty & doesn't spread evenly. The lighter color is just gold glitter that gets all over the place, including your face. This isn't good quality at all. This adds to being another reason why I don't like Maybelline products. Very cheap quality, overpriced, & over hyped. Save your money & buy something else. Looks are very decieving with this. If you want the same colors that this seems like it would be, & you don't mind spending more money, try Lorac's eyeshadow trio in the color Superstar. It's more expensive, but it's worth it & it's very good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by clarinetkel

Since I have blue eyes, I wear a lot of brown eyeshadows. I love brown a lot. I found this about 2 years ago. At first, I thought this was way too dark for my eyes. I thought it made me look weird. But I got a compliment one day from one of my coworkers and she said she loved the color I was wearing. Well one of my friends liked it, so I bought a new one and gave her my old one to let her test it out. She loved it too! I wear this everyday when I wear eyemakeup. I think this is the best shade I have found. I wear the shimmery side every once in awhile when I change things up. My first shade was this gold rose color from this other brand (they stopped making it) so I soon discovered this one. I'm glad I found it, and I have yet to find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by emmaanne001

The light, marbled color is a beautiful warm, shimmery shade. I really enjoy it. The dark, shimmery brown color is too dark for my everyday use. I was given this product as a gift and would not have picked out this particular duo because of that intense dark brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lipglops2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

wow i lovvvee these i have carbon frost to like these way better than quads no glitter which fine w me shimmer on these awesome not really bronze more brown and gold slight bronze lots shimmer very pretty would like to try more

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my last few Revlon shadows disappointed me with their lack of pigment, I was happy to find that these EyeStudio shadows are VERY pigmented. They're a bit more shimmery than I thought, but overall are impressive. What I don't like is the dome of shadow. I bought four of these, and one of them broke in its case en route home. I had this same issue with Milani's runway shadows. Argh! What's wrong with a deep pan?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love. Pigmented, blendable, and beautiful. Shimmery, great for simple smokey eyes, does have some fallout but not a big deal, do your face after your eyes and just swipe away the fallout with a wipe.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ak1210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As soon as I saw this on maybelline's website, I was ecstatic and went to Target right away and purchased it; the reason being that these are very similar to Mac MSF's. Swatches with these eye shadows are quite deceiving, they look rich and pigmented in the swatches on youtube/makeupalley/google, but they're simply a shimmery mess. It's like a 98% shimmery eyeshadow. Instead of getting a rich brown with a bit of shimmer, you get a lot of shimmer with a very slight brown color; when blended, it just look like a bunch of gold glitter on your eye..so not worth it do not buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Tessalie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really love this duo. Bronze Blowout has a nice medium-dark brown with golden shimmer on one side and a marbelized confection on the other of pale gold and bronze. The brown side is of medium pigmentation, but builds up really nicely-it's one of my favourite colors to use for a smokey brown eye. The other side, the marbelized one, is quite sheer, more glitter-y than pigment. But, it's good glitter-the pretty, shimmering, light-catching kind. The pale gold is absolutely gorgeous on inner corners, and the bronze is beautiful in its own right. Mixed together it's a pale orange gold. I really adore this color. Used with a primer (UDPP Eden or NARS Smudgeproof) they last all day with minimal fallout. My camera didn't really pick up on the nuances of this-it washed out the yellow-bronze shade quite a bit-but trust me when I say the colors are fabulous. Nowhere near Urban Decay or Stila in terms of softness or MAC and MUFE in terms of pigmentation...but fabulous drugstore shadows. They are smooth, quite blendable, and easily built up to your desired level of perfection. This one duo can easily create a smokey bronzed-brown eye.
The price is a little high, about $12 CDN if I recall correctly. Most drugstore lines touted as 'studio' seem to be priced higher. I would definitely repurchase if I ever run out (I've barely made a dent in it!).
The packaging is nice, square with a clear cover and black base-feels a bit flimsy, but other than that, normal of drugstore packaging and nothing special.
Overall, a great buy for a drugstore neutrals loving gal who doesn't mind a little sparkle:)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ccseesee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I was looking for a really bronzy natural eyeshadow,I've been on the quest for that perfect brown duo/quad/palette. And this one looked so pretty and perfect and bronzed. But unfortunately this wasn't it. Personally I don't think the 2 look good together, because one is reallly light and the other really dark(well on me at least). And I would suggest using these with a wet brush, if not you increase the fallout and glitter will be beneath ur eyes. Which is fixable with a little dab of concealer/foundation underneath. This wasn't good as my everyday natural eyeshadow, but i do use the golden one when i'm pressed for time or in a rush. It also looks really good when you use it with L.A. Colors' Tea Time shadow, just put it right under the brow bone above the medium shade of brown. But n.tway this will not be a product I will choose to buy in the future but idk maybe you can still try it and love it.

TTYL =}