Revlon PhotoReady Powder

3.3

My first impression: This is going to be a sparkly mess. In the pan, it looked very shimmery, but when applied to the face, the shimmer is undetectable. I mainly use this powder to lightly set my concealer, foundation concentrating most at my oily t-zone. To my surprise, my nose and forehead was shine-free for about 6 hours and my concealer/foundation stayed in place.

I use the shade light/medium.This particular shade was not much of a color problem since it did not give much coverage.

I recommend this product.

on 10/18/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm a harsh critic when it comes to powders (and well, everything, as long as we're being honest here) But this one has quickly become a favorite, and I already plan on repurchasing. I told this to my mother, and she almost fell over in shock- I NEVER plan on repurchasing a powder, they are never good enough, and I'm always looking for a better one. I'm pretty close to hitting pan on this, and I know that when the time comes, I'm going to be running to the local drugstore and buying another one of these bad boys.

I really hate looking at others reviews sometimes, because when I love a product, and I see negative reviews, it makes me second guess myself. After seeing some of the reviews on this, I really focused on this product for a few days, just to make sure I REALLY love it. Well guess what folks, I do!

I have the shade light, and it's basically perfection in a pan. For everyday looks, I use this to set either Revlon CS, or Revlon CS whipped. This doesn't add coverage, which is great, b/c I always use full coverage foundation. It leaves a semi-matte finish. Because I am oily, I do need to touch up mid-day, but this powder is AMAZING for touch ups, as it refuses to cake up!!! Some would be turned off by the fact that I have to touch up, but when I say "touch up", I don't mean I'm a big oily mess, I'm just a tad oily. No matter what foundation I'm wearing, I'm always going to do some type of touching up, and this powder is amazing for that purpose. I'd go so far as to say this is the best touch up powder I own. All the others will cake up easily. (with the exception of revlon nearly naked. I think you're beginning to see that I really freakin' love revlon face products)

I've received many compliments on how pretty my foundation looks when I pair this with Revlon CS. (although most days, I mix a tiny bit of revlon nearly naked, just for a bit of luminosity) Most of the people complimenting me are ladies that rarely pay attention to my makeup, so I take that as a big deal!

I dread the day I hit pan on this, because Lord knows I hate buying boring old face products, but my face just isn't complete without this! I am a firm believer that ladies should spend more time and money on your face, because if the face doesn't look good, your beautiful highlight, lips, or eyes won't matter a bit. With this, I know my face will look beautiful and flawless!!

on 10/12/2014 2:03:00 PM

2 lippies for doing up to its job as a compact powder but coverage is light to medium. Not a bad thing and doesn't look too chalky on application. In fact, I wouldn't say I don't love it for its very affordable price but the casing does look cheap.

I would give it a 4 out of 5 if not because I start to develop tiny white heads on my skin. Now white heads are HARD to remove!!! I absolutely hate it now and I would love to throw it away. It only started appearing after a good 3 months of usage. Perhaps my application is light but uuuggghhhh.

on 4/27/2014 6:04:00 PM

This gives the perfect matte finish. Love it.

I wanted to try this powder to find out if it does make your skin look photo ready and I can say it does. It leaves a matte flawless finish. The colour is a good match for me. I went for light/medium and it evens out my skin tone and keeps my skin looking good.

It controls the shine just as well as any other powder but as with all powders you will need to reapply throughout the day/night.

Overall I am really impressed. Packaging doesn't need to be as big and it comes with a brush which I don't use so would be better if they made the packaging smaller.

on 8/19/2013 12:26:00 AM

This is an average face powder. I like it but it's not good for travelling. It cracked in my makeup bag....

I love this powder.its the only powder i will use, even though it comes with a not so teen income friendly price tag. Its like... 15 bucks. The only reason i didn't give it more stars is because a) I'm not 100% sure exactly WHAT i like about this powder and b) neither light or light medium have been my color so I've had to compromise either way. me and my mom both use it on a daily basis.

on 10/7/2012 12:20:00 AM

I use this to finish my foundation and I love it its flawless :)

on 9/30/2012 1:34:00 PM

This is a good product and does give the airbrushed finish as advertise, however it does NOT last long and i have to reapply at various times throughout the day, also the brush that comes with the powder is absolute poop and i'd much rather use one of the puff thingys haa. and when using it the product goes all over the case and just ends up looking like a mess. Its alright and does work, and i wouldnt buy again as maybellines dream matte powder works 10x better and isnt half as expensive!

on 9/2/2012 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Does not work for me - too "white" (instead of translucent), makes me very oily in under 2 hours, the brush is useless (nice concept but it doesn't work), my pores seem almost enlarged... I'm "PhotoReady" for perhaps 20-30 minutes... Waste of money altogether!