Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tropics

3.8

on 6/15/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Although this product is marketed as a bronzer, I actually use it as a highlighter. I think it has too much sheen to be used as an actual bronzer all over the face. With that being said, I apply this with a small stippling blush to the top of my cheeks, on the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow when I want a bronzed look (mostly on the weekends or when I'm going out). Love the golden glow this gives me, and it does not contain any actual shimmer or glitter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not very pigmented and hard to blend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this was one of my first bronzers and i have yet to find a good bronzer that actually looks good on me and is affordable. this barely shows up on my face, when i try to build it up it just looks like i have lines of shimmer on my cheeks. this price would be good if the product worked better

on 3/10/2014 12:57:00 AM

This is a lovely golden gleam for my Medium-Tan (MAC NC40) skin tone. This isn't subtle at all, but it gives my face that perfect golden glow. It does have noticeable shimmer, but I quite like this effect and IMO it isn't overpowering. I can see how fair-skinned girls find this color too overpowering, but on medium to tan skin tones this really works. It's quite pigmented and it's easy to overdo, so I would suggest brushing this on very lightly and then building the color up slowly. Staying power is pretty awesome (although I always use a setting spray). I played a few games of laser tag and was sweating quite a bit, but this bronzer stayed on nicely! This compact will last me quite a while, since a little goes a very long way. I would definitely repurchase, but I don't think I'll have to for at least a year.

on 6/13/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Too much shimmer and glitter for me. I really wanted to like this as it is a really pretty golden shade, but it looks like I put gold eyeshadow on my face and the shimmer is just too much. This will be good for a holiday look and when I want a little golden glow but it seems too much for a summer sunkissed look. I feel like I should be on the red carpet with this much shimmer on my face. This is not a natural glow at all but perfect for a party look. This shade is intense on fair skin and maybe with a tan it will look better on me, but right now it is simply too much.

on 3/10/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This makes me look orange. Not a good look. The packaging is cheap imo.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm nc25-30, warm with yellow undertones.

This bronzer is gorgeous! Almost like nars Laguna except there's visible golden shimmer running through it. I uSe this to bronze up my face, especially when I'm wearing a foundation that's too light for me. Favorite way to apply this is with a real techniques multi task brush. I apply it where I would normally contour. Automatically bronzes up my face naturally without making me look too shiny/orange. Def would repurchase! :)

on 5/17/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's okay. It's not that pigmented. I got it in the little kit with the primer, lip gloss, and luminizer. It's also a cute colour, but I really wish it had better colour pay off :/

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

For the price not a bad bronzer more pigmented then I expected. The color is super cute for medium skin tones! The glitter isn’t too over powering and the color is easy to blend. Good for a contor or adding some color. Wouldn’t use it all over my face though just around.

on 10/31/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So this is a beautiful shimmery gold colored bronzer that I don't actually use as a bronzer! I have yellow toned naturally tanned skin which means this is way too light to be a bronzer or contour, but is the PERFECT highlight for me! I use this along my cheekbones, on my cupids bow, my browbone, and anywhere else I feel like highlighting and it gives me a gorgeous golden glow! :D overall very happy with this product!

Popular Bronzers