April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Lip Liners - Smashbox - Nude Lip Pencil in Fair

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by BDfangirl

I have fair skin and wear mostly pink or light-colored lipstick for everyday, so this is my go-to lip liner. I put on the lipstick first then line around my lips to contain the color and blend the colors together. It seems to keep my lipstick from bleeding or traveling pretty well. I have had no issues with any of the colors I've tried to match this lipliner with, although I don't think this would be a good liner for darker lips. It's close to my natural color, but unfortunately not quite as close as my Clinique HG that was discontinued. I will probably repurchase, assuming someone doesn't make a color that works better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by krdortch

I love the color. I mix it with the Laura Mercier Bare Pink gloss and it gives me a great nude look. I don't think this shade is ideal for lighter/fair skin tones, though as it might be too dark.

Pros: color is great, smooth application on hydrated lips, decent wear throughout the day, lasting power is pretty good (going on 4mons of use since purchase and I apply everyday)

Cons: You have to sharpen it quite frequently

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by debdo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The fair color on me is a pinkish coral color no nude at all. It makes my lips dry looking and they feel dry and it drags on my lips. I was so dissapointed. I like my NYX better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a useless lipliner for several reasons. Firstly, the colours are all wrong. Not one suited my skin tone, “fair” came closest but even this was too light baby doll pink for my NC20-25 skin tone. Secondly, it dragged on my lips, accentuating the dry, chapped parts and probably contributing to it! This was expensive considering that for just a few dollars more I could get a way better “nude” lipliner with Dior in earth or natural beige.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by apollo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this liner in medium which was supposed to be a "warm nude" but it was anything but. it was chalky and made my lips look ashen. not a good look. overall, i think i'm finished with smashbox. i've been disappointed by several of their products lately. goodbye smashbox!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like the CONCEPT of this product: a lipliner that matches lip color closely enough so that you don't need other liners. But three options? I think not. This is a pale, warm pink and not even close to my natural lip color and I am fair. That being said, it is smooth not dry and has staying power. I purchased it to wear under gloss (not Smashbox) but it doesn't work. So it will sit in the drawer until I wear a lipstick in a similar color. As I get older, I find that lipliners are harder to wear and find. There are so many yet the colors and/or formulas just aren't suited to me. Why?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Kayleigh111387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the color and feel of this lip liner. It matches my lips perfectly and has pretty good staying power. I usually use this with either a little balm or gloss daily. My only problem with this liner is that I feel like I'm always sharpening it, so I think the product would be better as a twist up type rather than a pencil type.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by tinadang

A good quality lip-liner. Goes with everything and it glides on effortlessly. Another good product from Smashbox!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

This is my HG lip liner. This liner is nearly the exact color of my lips and at first I couldn't even tell that it was going on. This will work for any of my nude and pink lipsticks. I will also wear it as a base for darker colors. This liner goes on very well, and has adequate staying power. If the associate at Sephora would not have recommended my this product I wouldn't have ever noticed it buried in the often overlooked Smashbox counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by shestudieslaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this Lip Pencil in Dark. Rick Color. Goes on smooth. My only criticism is that I wished it stayed put.