October 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Sensitive Skin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sunnydays1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have rosacea and dermatitis and this is the only foundation I will ever use. I've been using it for years. It is very lightweight and washes off with water. The more I use it, the less acne I have (as another reviewer also writes). It does something to clear up my skin. It doesn't feel like anything is on the skin. Price is great and can locate at any drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by missmoffat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Medium Light for under $7 CDN. I wanted an "everyday" makeup instead of my Armani Lasting Silk Foundation #5, which I love, but at $60+ a bottle I will use it for more special occasions. I am impressed. The MA chose the color, as I was only looking at the first two or three light shades. After I apply I dust with Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair (which I think is one of the best powders) and the result is a finished, polished look, without any little "sparklies". The finish lasts through the day. The powder adheres to the makeup quite well to produce a matt finish that does not look dry. I see from some reviews of this product that some people have trouble getting the makeup out of the bottle. I had the same problem but solved that by buying a Kryolan metal makeup spatula, 7" ($8.50 at Merle Norman and Studeo FX). The spatula is hygenic and I dip it into the bottle for just the right amount of product, before I would turn the bottle over, shake, and too much would come out. So that is my recommendation, buy a metal spatula to use with the bottle. I have added a photo of the Kryolan spatula above, next to the Cover Girl bottle.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by JennaLambert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually really liked this foundation! Although I got it in Ivory (I am a more light-medium skin tone, it was for a costume) it still matched my skin! It made my unwanted dark spots look invisible, and goes on nicely. I just wish that after I wear it for a day, it stays without looked 'creased' under the eyes, making them look a bit wrinkly. Either than that, it was only 5 dollars at Wal Mart, so it was pretty cheap as well. I'm definitely buying it again (but this time more to my colour)!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by MochaLatte18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After having a major break out with their tru blend foundation, i decided to go for the one labeled sensitive. It still made me break out, but since i didn't use it much, it didn't have the same effect as the tru blend on me. I don't know if it's cover girl or my skin but every time i try their products on my acne it makes a dry circle around it and won't "cover" it up. I chose my shade according to what i was matched in their website but the shade was too pink. The coverage is light, when you try to build it, it looks cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been working my way through the $30+ foundations locally available, trying to find something that doesn't irritate or get caught in my flaky skin. So far I have had no success with them so I tried going in the opposite direction. This foundation goes on very smoothly and has a long "open" time - meaning it dries slowly. This is a plus for me, as it gives me a bit of time to work it into place with a sponge. Some foundations dry too fast and are hard to blend. This is not a foundation to be finished with a brush, you need a sponge.

I did need a touch-up at lunch though - but I also need a touch-up with the expensive stuff. I am just a greasy person and no foundation is going to last through the day with no touch-ups.

Yes, the bottle is horrid, and it could last a little longer. I will stick with it because:
1. the shade match is very good
2. it's cheap so I can use enough instead of skimping
3. it doesn't irritate my skin or eyes with weird ingredients

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Hbell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I usually have a tough time finding the right shade but this is a perfect fit (Classic Beige). It is quite inexpensive which is also a plus. The wear is okay but considering I go to school it doesn't really matter. The only downside is the packaging is terrible! It is so hard to get it out of the bottle! I usually use a makeup sponge which makes it go on smoother anyway.... Overall, a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really have enjoyed this stuff! I usually use a powdered foundation, but every now and then I want a different look/more coverage. I have pretty normal skin (except it is a little sensitive) so I do not need to much coverage. When I put the product on, it feels lightweight which is a must have for any make up product in my collection. I hate the feel that I am wearing a ton of makeup. I finally found an exact match (classic Ivory) which looks great on my hard to match skin. For $6 I would purchase this product again. Like others, I would prefer it to have a pump rather than just straight from the bottle. But, it covers well so no dealbreakers here.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is a product where you get what you pay for. I didn't hate this foundation but I also didn't love it. The foundation has a large selection of shades and as promised, worked well for my extremely sensitive skin. What I really disliked about the foundation was how heavy it feels on my face and the packaging. I absolutely hate when foundations come without a pump- especially a thick foundation like this one because it is impossible to get out of the bottle and is generally just really messy. I usually get really excited about getting new products but I definitely did not feel that way about this. I might get it again if for some reason, I was in a pinch however other foundations are preferable.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by fortheloveofallthingspink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product wasn't bad, but it definitely didn't do much for me. The color choices were nice, as well as the coverage. The foundation stayed relatively matte, which is great for me because I get a little shiny. However, I hated how this foundation applied and felt on my skin. Yes, it did what i needed it to do. But I am one of those people who can't stand the feeling of heavy foundation. However, the price is right! If you need a minimal-medium coverage and don't mind spilling the foundation when pouring, you're good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by NyteRyder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation-- the ivory color matches my skin perfectly!!! It wears well, feels and looks nice on my face. I haven't used cover girl foundations for years, but I am so happy I bought this---

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No