Salon Sciences Instant Artificals : Protect

4.6

Salon Sciences Instant Artificials Ingredients: Butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, nitrocellulose, phthalic anhydride/trimellitic anhydride/ glycols copolymer, acetyl tributyl citrate, acrylates copolymer, stearalkonium hectorite, camphor, etocrylene, hydrolyzed keratin, calcium pantothenate, red 6 (ci15850), violet 2 (ci 60725).

on 2/12/2015 7:28:00 AM

Don't spend $30+ on Perfect Formula Gel Coat, this stuff costs about $8 and it does the job and does it well! Two fast drying coats lasts all week until you take it off with regular nail polish remover. I've used a coat of Salon Sciences Instant Artificials, a coat of colored polish, and finished up with topcoat of Instant Artificials and the polish lasts all week without chipping or peeling.

on 2/20/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It just doesn't make my nails as strong as artificial, not by a long shot, heck.... not even close. I really did not see any dramatic improvement.

However, it is useful enough as a top coat, because when used as a bottom as instructed it dried out my nail beds unforgivably.

on 12/16/2013 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is great at making my nails as strong as fake nails. It's sold at Sally's and is worth a try for weak nails.

on 11/9/2013 1:16:00 AM

I have been on the search for something that would help my poor nails. They're weak, peeling, and constantly get roughed up at work. I absolutely love this treatment. I've tried a lot of top coats, base coats, and treatments. Seche Vite, Gelous, OPI Nail Envy, and a few other brands carried by Sally Beauty have all been misses with my finicky nails. This as part of my current manicure method is great. I use it primarily as a top coat when I use color. Most nail polish only lasts a day before chipping (sometimes a few hours), and then the peeling starts, and it's downhill from there. I do still have to touch up for tip wear, but at least it's now only every couple of days rather than every day. I wasn't as happy with it on its own, but over color it's fantastic. My usual manicure is two coats of Nail Life Nail Revitalizer, 1-2 coats polish (Zoya has lasted the longest so far), and then 1-2 coats of the Instant Artificials. With tip touch ups, I can usually make the manicure last a week and a half to 2 weeks before I switch colors. My nails are hard and strong, and the peeling is starting to get better because the problem areas are growing out because they're not constantly being aggravated. I bought both Instant Artificials and the Nail Revitalizer from Sally Beauty.

on 10/20/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Too thick, and yes it makes your nails strong...while it's on. My nails seem just as brittle as before. It is expensive for what it does.

on 5/29/2013 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally, a product that does what it says it will do and then some.
It is a great hardener and protector. It keeps my thin, weak nails from breaking and it's the only way I can grow them long. It also does protect your polish from chipping.
I use it as a base coat before my other polish, then also use it as a top coat.
It does take a bit more drying time if I use it both as base and top, but if I allow sufficient drying time in between, it's fine. I have tried many other nail strengtheners / hardeners (Orly Protect, Sally Hansen, Seche) and this is by far the best. Read about it on the MUA nail board.
I am so grateful! I get this at Sally Beauty supply.

on 3/27/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA, I LOVE this product. I have thin brittle peeling nails that break easily, I have nails that polish stays on about 24 hrs (if I'm Lucky) before it peels off or chips. I've tried CND Shellac -absolutely destroyed my nails-made them more brittle and peeling. Plus the Shellac started to peel off after the 2nd application continued to wlorsen with each app. I've tried OPI Gel-not as hard on my nails but peeled off also. Long story short, THIS product has made my nails GROW-no chips, no peeling AND IT STAYS ON FOR 5 days!! WHich for me is AWESOME since I'm a nurse and have my hands in water, Alcohol etc. I've tried OPI Nail Envy-peeled off first day and that was applied at a Salon, Nailtiques which worked for 2 weeks then it started peeling off, Lippmann Hard Rock peeled off 2nd day, NailTek 2 Hydration which peeled off after 3 days. This is my HG!!! I use The Bonding Basecoat with it. I put base coat then 2 coats IA and then another coat of base coat. So far this has worked the best, no chipping and no peeling of polish and I dont wear gloves when I do dishes and like I said, I'm a nurse. So happy with this product, and I've invested about $80 in OTHER products that don't work. This was totally affordable to me and the basecoat was about $8, so about $16 for the both which is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

on 1/14/2013 7:03:00 PM

Love the product. Does wonders for my nails. No splits, no chips. Fantastic. Ran out a while ago and have searched high and low for it, my regular company did not have it. After some Googling I finally found it at Nancy K Brown Aesthetics. Guess what - they sell the entire Salon Sciences line of nail products. Thought I share this for all you gals having trouble getting it.

on 12/14/2012 7:03:00 PM

This really does make my nails harder and stronger. As soon as I stop using it my nails chip and break! I use this underneath a regular base coat.

on 9/18/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This stuff works! That's all there is to it... It will turn your regular polishes into a gel polish. I have been trying to nurse my poor nails back to health after months of wearing acrylics and I could not get them to stop breaking/chipping as they grow out! This has made such a difference - I will definitely repurchase.

I use 1-2 coats as my base and then apply color. I've read that it doesn't wear well alone - as in it chips off easily. I suggest trying 3 coats it you plan to wear it alone.

Popular Treatments