October 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Treatments - Salon Sciences Instant Artificals : Protect

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It just doesn't make my nails as strong as artificial, not by a long shot, heck.... not even close. I really did not see any dramatic improvement.

However, it is useful enough as a top coat, because when used as a bottom as instructed it dried out my nail beds unforgivably.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This stuff is great at making my nails as strong as fake nails. It's sold at Sally's and is worth a try for weak nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by mandaberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the search for something that would help my poor nails. They're weak, peeling, and constantly get roughed up at work. I absolutely love this treatment. I've tried a lot of top coats, base coats, and treatments. Seche Vite, Gelous, OPI Nail Envy, and a few other brands carried by Sally Beauty have all been misses with my finicky nails. This as part of my current manicure method is great. I use it primarily as a top coat when I use color. Most nail polish only lasts a day before chipping (sometimes a few hours), and then the peeling starts, and it's downhill from there. I do still have to touch up for tip wear, but at least it's now only every couple of days rather than every day. I wasn't as happy with it on its own, but over color it's fantastic. My usual manicure is two coats of Nail Life Nail Revitalizer, 1-2 coats polish (Zoya has lasted the longest so far), and then 1-2 coats of the Instant Artificials. With tip touch ups, I can usually make the manicure last a week and a half to 2 weeks before I switch colors. My nails are hard and strong, and the peeling is starting to get better because the problem areas are growing out because they're not constantly being aggravated. I bought both Instant Artificials and the Nail Revitalizer from Sally Beauty.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by julierockhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too thick, and yes it makes your nails strong...while it's on. My nails seem just as brittle as before. It is expensive for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a product that does what it says it will do and then some.
It is a great hardener and protector. It keeps my thin, weak nails from breaking and it's the only way I can grow them long. It also does protect your polish from chipping.
I use it as a base coat before my other polish, then also use it as a top coat.
It does take a bit more drying time if I use it both as base and top, but if I allow sufficient drying time in between, it's fine. I have tried many other nail strengtheners / hardeners (Orly Protect, Sally Hansen, Seche) and this is by far the best. Read about it on the MUA nail board.
I am so grateful! I get this at Sally Beauty supply.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by smittycar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA, I LOVE this product. I have thin brittle peeling nails that break easily, I have nails that polish stays on about 24 hrs (if I'm Lucky) before it peels off or chips. I've tried CND Shellac -absolutely destroyed my nails-made them more brittle and peeling. Plus the Shellac started to peel off after the 2nd application continued to wlorsen with each app. I've tried OPI Gel-not as hard on my nails but peeled off also. Long story short, THIS product has made my nails GROW-no chips, no peeling AND IT STAYS ON FOR 5 days!! WHich for me is AWESOME since I'm a nurse and have my hands in water, Alcohol etc. I've tried OPI Nail Envy-peeled off first day and that was applied at a Salon, Nailtiques which worked for 2 weeks then it started peeling off, Lippmann Hard Rock peeled off 2nd day, NailTek 2 Hydration which peeled off after 3 days. This is my HG!!! I use The Bonding Basecoat with it. I put base coat then 2 coats IA and then another coat of base coat. So far this has worked the best, no chipping and no peeling of polish and I dont wear gloves when I do dishes and like I said, I'm a nurse. So happy with this product, and I've invested about $80 in OTHER products that don't work. This was totally affordable to me and the basecoat was about $8, so about $16 for the both which is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Model21

Love the product. Does wonders for my nails. No splits, no chips. Fantastic. Ran out a while ago and have searched high and low for it, my regular company did not have it. After some Googling I finally found it at Nancy K Brown Aesthetics. Guess what - they sell the entire Salon Sciences line of nail products. Thought I share this for all you gals having trouble getting it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by kaylm87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really does make my nails harder and stronger. As soon as I stop using it my nails chip and break! I use this underneath a regular base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by KiaBia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff works! That's all there is to it... It will turn your regular polishes into a gel polish. I have been trying to nurse my poor nails back to health after months of wearing acrylics and I could not get them to stop breaking/chipping as they grow out! This has made such a difference - I will definitely repurchase.

I use 1-2 coats as my base and then apply color. I've read that it doesn't wear well alone - as in it chips off easily. I suggest trying 3 coats it you plan to wear it alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only nail hardener that I've tried that actually does what it's advertised to do. Makes my nails hard and tough. Since my nails are naturally weak and tear and peel easily, I make sure I keep this on my nails at all times. Inexpensive and effective.