October 23, 2014 | 1474 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Nutra Sonic Face Brush by Nutra Luxe MD.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Roma739

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was gifted the nutra sonic Professional skin cleansing product in late December and 5 months later it would not hold a charge and the brush slipped often. After trying ways to rectify the problem, I decided to call the company within the year of the warranty. Fortunately for me I mailed my warranty form earlier only to find out that I have to send in the receipt of the person who gave me the gift and if it was bought at Amazon they will not honor the warranty. There is no written notice of that on the warranty card or box or anything. So now I have a product they no longer make and can choose to honor their warranty of choice. Can this happen to you with any product you buy? It is up to the seller not the buyer to indicate stipulations on their product. This professional was supposed to be an upgrade with 4 speeds. What irony! Speed on a product that doesn't work! It is obvious that they need new engineers that can fix this issue.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lirial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My 6yr-old son picked this out for me at Bed Bath and Beyond for Christmas since he knew my years-old Pretika had finally died. My husband let him get it, and I was excited to try a new sonic brush after loving the Pretika for the 4 years I've used it.

The companion was a bit smaller, had a nicer non-slip finish, and seemed like a good replacement. I liked the dual-speed control and the fact that there weren't any small holes for the charger to plug into that could get wet.

After only a week of use, my unit started having the same intermittent stop-and-go problems that others describe, until, a few days later, it just quit charging altogether.

Bed Bath, and Beyond was really nice about returning it, allowing me a full refund and a free-shipping order of a new Pretika (which they now have online instead of this).

If you find this brush around, skip it. It works well enough... for a week or two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by underage

I got the "companion" for Christmas and I'm in love with this facebrush. I've used it three times so far and it makes my skin feel so clean and soft. I only use the sensitive face brush and my face still gets a little red on the cheeks when i use it but it goes away. I really do think this compares to the Clarisonic at a much cheaper price. I don't have problematic skin at all ( a few pimples here and there and clogged pores) but I feel like it makes my skin glowing and prevents future problems. After you use this your skin may feel a little dry so I definitely recommend using a moisturizer. I love this! It comes with a pouch to carry it in and a charging station and also another brush head.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this is for the basic nutra sonic brush, 1 speed. i found this at tj maxx for $15 on clearance, because it was missing brush heads. i got the sensitive skin brushhead, and began using the brush every day, at night. i would use cetaphil face wash with the brush, or pan oxyl. the cleanser i used didn't seem to affect the way the brush worked. anyway, the first few days i used it, my skin developed a few cystic pimples. very embarrassing. however, the rest of my skin looked and felt so smooth, that i didn't stop using the brush. i was tempted though. i've been using the brush a few weeks, and while my skin isn't perfect, it's a lot better. i had been suffering from mild adult acne, a lot of tiny bumps/clogged pore spots on my jawline that worsened during the day, and would not go away no matter what i used. they have cleared up considerably. i was to use the brush on my chest because i do have some congested pores all over my chest, but am concerned the skin is too sensitive there. i have super sensitive skin on my face though, and the brush does not irritate it surprisingly. even though it's winter i have no flakiness anymore thanks to this brush, even though i spot treat my acne every night. eventually i may try the clairsonic, but not anytime soon, considering this is quite nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I bought this brush off eBay at a price that was too good to pass up. Almost $100 cheaper than a Clarisonic Mia. I used my own cleanser, a creamy Burt's Bees one, and followed all the instructions (let it charge undisturbed for 24 hours first). I was totally blown away by how soft my skin felt. It made my apricot scrub look wimpy. But I was pretty red. I followed with my normal night lotion (Nivea Creme) and went to bed. I was expecting a purge, but it never really happened. I got one cystic thing on my cheek (that scarred, permanently) but that was the end of it. I was in love with this brush because my skin was just so so so soft. Then my skin started being "weird." It became sensitive when it never was, I was constantly getting little angry whiteheads and bumps on my forehead (the kind like when makeup is irritating) and I started getting eczema-like scaly rashes all over my chin, when I don't have eczema. My skin was silky smooth, but it looked like a hot mess. I kept at it for three months and it just got worse and worse.

I finally decided to spend the extra and try the Mia and WOW, there is just no comparison. My skin immediately settled down and kept the silky smoothness, but without any of the rashes or bumps from irritation and over-exfoliation. I have a lot of redness, not from rosacea, and the NS made it so much worse while the CS made it better.

So while at first the NS was great, I quickly realized we want a brush that cleans our skin, not one that scours all of it off. The bristles on this brush head compared to the Mia are like steel wool. They are just way way way too harsh for human skin (and yes, I was using the sensitive one). I never even used the speeds past the first one because I was too scared my skin would fall off! With the NS I was constantly trying to figure out how to not overdo it because if I went even a few seconds too long or pressed too hard, I'd break out all week from irritation and I don't even have sensitive skin! The only plus to this is that it looks nice and comes with a charging cradle, while the CS only has a magnet. But seriously, this is your skin we're talking about, get the CS over this. This is only good for a serious once in awhile dermabrasion type treatment. Not an everyday brush.

I had also hoped that I wouldn't mind the spraying problem, but I do. It was horrible. My mirror needed to be wiped down every week, my faucets were grimy, and the stuff that sprayed on the counters attracted dust and made my whole bathroom look totally filthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by marymary64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got the Nutra Sonic 4 speed on Friday through HSN and have been using it 1x per day so far. I can see in just those few days my skin looks brighter and most definately feels very smooth and soft. My moisturizer and facial oil seem to sink into my skin faster, and don't sit on the surface. However I can't get past the splatter that is created once I turn the thing on. Seriously, I have had to step into the shower just so the splatter does not cover the walls, counters, and mirrors each time I use it. For some this may not be a problem if they only use it while in the shower. I just don't have time and energy to clean all the surfaces that get splattered after each use. The other problem is I am hearing about the many problems with it holding a charge and the fact that replacement brushes may be harder to get hold of. I'd rather return it now while I still can and not cross my fingers that it does not have problems after the 30 return. Using this has convinced me that I can see a nice difference in my skin and that I want to go forward and get the pricier Clairisonic which is of better quality. I believe there is a reason these things are being put "on clearance" everywhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by lechakan

I wanted to love this. I really did. Figured it would be a great alternative to the pricier Clarisonic, and so went for it, through Overstock. The Nutra Sonic arrived, I charged it for the prerequisite 24 hours, and got to work on cleaning my skin.

I liked it sooo much that I even bought a SquareTrade extended warranty for it. I talked with everyone I know about buying it for themselves. I put it on my Christmas list to pick up for my daughter, sister and cousin. This thing did a masterful job.

For a week.

Then I began having the intermittent ON/OFF problem many have spoken about on Overstock.

I've just initiated a return with Overstock (a fabulous place to buy anything, I might add!), and headed over to QVC to pick up a more expensive, but apparently far more reliable, Clarisonic.

L

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by sapora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So far I tried the Olay Pro X brush and I really liked that one.! The only problem I found was that it runs on batteries and the brush head doesn't come with a protective cap for travel.

I purchased a Nutrasonic 'Companion' from Marshall's for about $50. At first it was a bit rough, but the delicate/sensitive brush wasn't as effective as the normal brush. I had to get used to the strength of the normal brush.

Anyway, my pores definitely got smaller with the Nutrasonic (compared to the Olay Pro X). I used the Nutrasonic Companion (similar in size to a Clarisonic Mia) twice a day. You can actually see the blackheads unclogging!

I saw even better results when I switched to a better face wash. I also saw improved texture when I used the Nutrasonic for longer than a minute, and also in conjunction with an exfoliating scrub/wash.

Of course after about 35 days the thing began to fall apart; not charging properly and the brush head has loosened. I'm going to order a Clarisonic from QVC since they have a payment plan option.

The Clarisonic just seems like it's made with better material. I haven't tried the upgraded Nutrasonics, only the 'Companion'. Perhaps the Companion is the only Nutrasonic that is poorly made...I don't know. But I'm not going to take my chances. I'm just going to get a Clarisonic.

Edit: 2/16/2012

I purchased the Clarisonic Pro and found that it wasn't strong enough. I didn't see any results. I went back to Marshalls and got a new Nutrasonic. I will just stick with that one. I guess if this one breaks I will look into an upgraded Nutrasonic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

UPDATE: Still loving this, use it almost every day. The refurb still works great. I only have to charge it about once a month for a night. Do i think it's worth 150$? No, but the 60$ i paid for mine was definitely worth it.

I've been using this for about two and a half months. I initially went with the Pretika sonicdermabrasion brush, but like many others I found the brushes to be too tough for daily use. So, the nutrasonic was my second choice, I got it refurbed off an official ebay seller w/ a 1 yr warranty (65$ including shipping). So far so good.

I really like this product. I can't compare it to clarisonic and probably never will as i simply can't see myself spending 200$ + on a facial brush. The brushes they provide are plenty soft enough for daily use. I've only had to charge my unit 1 time since the initial charge and I do use it every night. The brushes seem to be holding up great, I use the normal one most of the time and the sensitve skin one when retin-a has made my skin more sensitive.

I do not think this is a transformational product (i'm extending that opinion to all facial brushes), but it cleans and exfoliates very well and I plan on continuing use long term. My acne issues have improved a lot since I started using facial brushes in general, but i also started using retin-a at the same time so I'm not sure how much effect each have on their own. The brush heads are a pain to get on, the design is bad in that way, but I'm willing to deal with the occasional frustration since it's so much less money.

Overall I think it's a really good product and will purchase again if/when this one goes capoot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by KimAtTheDisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

When I first got it, I loved it. Made my skin feel silky smooth, my face cleared up, and hormonal acne was significantly diminished. After a few weeks of use it only ran on the lowest speed and couldn't hold a charge, shortly after that it died. Doesn't come with a warranty so I basically spent $100+ for two months of nicer skin. I would assume I got a defective product, but every other review I've come across online has said the same thing.

I know a big reason people pick this over the Clarisonic is the smaller price tag. Well, seems like you get what you pay for. I'm going to replace mine with a Clarisonic Mia soon, hope that is more reliable.