Physicians Formula Organic Wear Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.6

on 11/19/2011 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got these in a cute little screw-top metal jar. They're very moist, smell pleasant, and are non-irritating to my sometimes sensitive eyes and eyelids.
They get off all my ordinary eye makeup without any trouble. I just swipe gently a few times and it's gone. One pad gets off my non-waterproof eyeliner and all my eye shadows. They are not perfect for non-waterproof mascara, but they do an OK job. I do need to use a couple to get off mascara.
I have repurchased. I am still looking for something that works better on mascara and waterproof eyeliner, but i am still generally quite happy with these inexpensive pads.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my 3rd package of this product. It's worked well for me the past 2 years and I will continue to purchase them.I don't wear heavy eye make up and one little pad takes just about all of it off. I get mine from Ulta when they run a sale buy one get 2nd half off along with a coupon. I get 2 of them for $7.00 I prefer the round tin because some of the packs don't always stay close all the way and the product can dry out.

on 9/12/2011 5:20:00 AM

Definitely the WORST eye makeup remover I have ever used! It doesn't do the job at all and what's worse is I need to tug at my skin 10000x to get rid of the smearing residue caused by the pads! I bought this because I thought it'd be convenient with ready soaked pads, but I was VERY disappointed with this product! At first I thought it was because of the heavier eye makeup that required more work and pads to do so, but second time I tried it with only eye liner and mascara and that didn't do the job either! Instead it really made it worse! I'm ready to throw this out......it's the worst eye makeup remover and expensive for something you can buy from a drugstore!

I'd recommend Marcelle eye makeup remover (the liquid, not the gel). It works really well!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

They sell this in either a tin or in a bag. I purchased this in the tin, and even though it does not irritate my eyes I find it very difficult to remove my makeup, it is so wet that is seems to just slide right over it.

on 7/10/2011 12:53:00 PM

I bought this product after seeing it in the magazine. I'm not sure why but instead of removing my makeup, it just smeared them instead and I ended looking like a crazy raccoon lady. I did like the lavender scent and the packaging is convenient but im disappointed at the lousy jod it does. Maybe this is good for you if you wear very light makeup. If you're like me that wear a layer of makeup on your face, I suggest cleansing oil.

on 4/21/2011 10:11:00 PM

I love this eye makeup remover. I have very expensive high end one's that don't remove eye makeup effectively, and irritate my eyes on top of it. One pad easily removes my eye makeup from both my eyes, and I wear heavy eye makeup! Also, it leaves no residue behind, and feels as gentle as water, so no irritation whatsoever! This is my new HG eye makeup remover. I may try the bottled liquid version too!

on 11/9/2010 9:10:00 PM

I bought these because they won an Allure Beauty award or something like that. It's proof that advertisers pay to win the magazine best product distinction. These smell nice and don't irritate my eyes, but they also do not even come close to removing my eye makeup. I don't wear much makeup, and I don't use waterproof mascara. However, it takes 5 pads just to thin out my eye makeup slightly.
These come in a metal canister or a resealable bag. I got the bag, and it's not a good design.

I can't believe there are people who like these pads. They are completely pointless.

on 11/3/2010 3:59:00 PM

Really terrible, doesn't work at all! Bought last night with the idea that they will be better for my sensitive eyes and make them less irritated, but when I finally tried I had to rub really hard to get my makeup off causing a lot of pulling and tugging around the area. Even after all that, the makeup (which was absolutely minimal) was still there so I had to follow up with my regular makeup remover.

Don't bother, waste of time and money for pads essentially soaked in scented water.

on 9/28/2010 10:29:00 PM

Previous reviews state this product comes in a little tin but that must have changed as when I bought this, it came in a little bag with the sticker opening rather like baby wipes. I tried initially using it to take off all my eye makeup with no success and then switched to just wiping off the residue left from mascara (non-waterproof) after using a cloth and warm water. They couldn't even manage that and left my eyes looking grey underneath. I'd say the price is pretty expensive for not working personally. I was left with the grey residue under my eyes while the pad stayed mostly white.

It definitely didn't irritate my eyes/contacts but it also did nothing to remove my eye makeup so I'm not sure that's really a win. Definitely will be trying something else next time.

on 9/15/2010 1:04:00 PM

Just bought these pads at Target for about $6. I think they work great! Easily removes my liner, shadow, non-waterproof mascara & concealer. Light - pleasant fragrance. Yes - you might get 2 or 3 pads when you go to pull one out - big deal. Separate them and go about your business. I've used Lancôme, L'Oreal, Boots from Target, a cream in a blue tube that was discontinued by Nivea, baby oil, evoo and others and I think these are the best thing I've ever used. Did not sting or irritate my eyes at all. Happy purchase for me:)
UPDATE: Bought a second tin and my lashes are now a mess. Didn't realize till after having used this new batch for a few weeks. It's got to be the culprit since I'm not using any other new products. I should have been more leery when I opened this jar and there was not a paper/wax lid to lift off before getting to the pads. Looks like the ends of my lashes were chewed off. So weird:(((