December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boscia - Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by 19lys86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! I wear it under bronzer and it gives just the right amount of coverage. Lasts forever, too. I've had the same tube since february 2010!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by hamdoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to sephora and the MUA tried the Laura Mercier TM on one side of my face and the Boscia TM on the other. I thought the Boscia was by far better. It provided better coverage and the color medium was perfect for my asian skin tone. The LM was a lot shinier and greasier and did not cover my pores. The Boscia instantly mattified my face and left a dewy finish at the same time. However you do need to blend fast or else it starts to dry up quickly. When you do blend it, it leaves a beautiful finish that lasts all day. This product is made in Japan and contains natural ingredients. I noticed that it does work better for asian skin from the reviews I found online. Overall, this is my first TM and I love it!
Edit: Found color medium not the right color for me! Made me look sick and applies cakey on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Bucki

I have combination, sensitive skin and rosacea, so the Boscia line is well suited for me. I have used other Boscia products, and loved them. When Boscia came out with a tinted moisturizer, I was thrilled because I hadn't found one that I truly liked. For the first 3-4 weeks, I thought I had finally found one that worked. The Boscia TM covered well, lasted all day, and had good color. After about a month, however, the product started clumping and forming a film. Now when I try to apply it, it looks like I have flakes all over my face. It's awful. This product is going in the garbage even though I have half a bottle left. I will have to resume my search for another TM (insert heavy sigh here).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cheryl01134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made the texture of my skin appear extremely flaky. It caused my moisturizer to pill when applied over the top. I also tried it over straight jojoba oil; no pilling, but still massive flakiness. I ordered the lightest tint but it was a little too white. Not a huge deal since the coverage is sheer, but I've never had a problem before wearing the palest tints in other brands. Since the closest store is 90 mi from me I ordered this online & they don't refund shipping costs. $12 down the drain just for the "privilege" of learning this doesn't work with my skin. Ironically, $12 is what I paid for the drugstore brand that doesn't make me look like I have a peeling skin disease. That's what I'll be using till I find something better. They get one lippie for being preservative free <3 but I will never use another boscia product. I even returned the free samples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

This is going to replace Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer as my everyday face product. I'm NC 25-30, and bought the Medium, which is a straight up beige with slight yellow undertones. No peachiness, like Bobbi Brown foundations tend to have. The coverage is sheer, but enough to make a diffference if you don't have too many dark spots or imperfections to cover (or if you don't mind them showing a little). The Bobbi Brown does give a bit more coverage, but it also contains petrolatum, which tends to make me break out. Boscia's TM says oil-free- but buyer beware - dimethicone is high on the ingredients, and that can tend to break people out. I also like that the sunscreen is 4.4% TD and 1.5% ZO - no chemicals! - another big plus for me. I've been using this for a few weeks, and TOTM is rolling around and my hormonal breakout seems a milder than usual.

I've been so impressed by most (not the Vitamin C serum, creamy cleanser or SPF 30 sunscreen) Boscia products, so when they came out with this TM I knew I had to have it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by chinelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works beautifully with my oily, acne-prone skin. It spreads smoothly, leaving the skin feeling moisturized but not greasy at all. It's been so difficult for me to find a tinted moisturizer that doesn't clog my pores, doesn't cause my face to burn from the sunscreen, and evens out my complexion. This tinted moisturizer fits the bill perfectly. No breakouts after two weeks. My search may be over!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I keep going back to Sephora to try this product and finally got a sample. I love it!! It feels so light, yet covers up any spots I have. It is sheer, and my face didn't feel dry or cakey. I will purchase this product when my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is out. It is a lot cheaper than LM too. It comes in an easy access squeezable tube, and I apply it with my fingers and it did the trick. It brightens up my complex to a clear, even tone. And moisturizes evenly with SPF 15. Yay!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First review! I ordered this from Sephora and so far I really like it! I got it in Light, I have very fair skin (NC15) and this color works perfectly. Some foundations and TM come out looking very yellow on my skin, and this doesn't at all.

The consistency is thicker than I thought it would be, maybe due to the sunscreen? But it rubs in very quickly and I do not feel it on my face.

It does even out my skin tone and hide some of my freckles but it doesn't cover up some red spots from acne scarring. I guess its a tinted moisturizer and not a foundation so I shouldn't expect it to :o)

I have combo skin, dry on cheeks and oily on forehead/nose/chin. Sometimes TM or foundations can leave my skin looking oily (especially on my forehead) and this doesn't at all. I wouldn't call it matte per se, just normal/non-oily. I did use my moisturizer under this, as I've never had luck with TM on their own. It would probably be a little too dry for those with dry skin if they don't use a moisturizer underneath. I could see people with oily skin using just this though.

One thing I do have to say though is the smell is odd. Sort of smells like Elmer's glue but it goes away almost immediately so I don't really mind.

Overall no breakouts and no-oily slicks, and since it has built in physical SPF (mix of TD and ZO) and matches my skin so well, I think I have a winner! :o)
ETA: After using this for awhile it doesn't seem to work as well. By the afternoon, my face looks greasy and it almost looks like its seperated and accentuates my pores. I returned it and won't be buying again.

Ingredients (from Sephora website): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Glycereth-26, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Maltooligosyl Glucoside, Myristyl Laurate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Dilaurate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Alanyl Glutamine, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Morus Alba Root Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sodium Chloride, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Polyricinoleate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Alumina, Lecithin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No