September 1, 2014 | 2205 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Mineralize - Young Punk

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Luscious83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this today and I'm going to see how the color packs on my eyelid.but it's a nice dark purple, since I've been a request looking for a royal purple eyeshadow for the longest. But once I try it on ill give it a real review

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I soooo wanted to love this eyeshadow but when it arrived I wasn't so impressed after all;
Description: A black powder eyeshadow with purple etc glitter -yep IM serios!!looks amazinggg in the packaging...purple black silver non tacky looking shimmer...
This eyeshadow; Looks good on dry; not really black eyeshadow with glitter (alittle bigger than shimmers) - boring shade for me I cant wear it unelss its for an evening smoky eye- too harsh for me- looks good applied wet: unsure but yes from the other online reviews-
Easy to apply/blendable- yes- primer maybe needed to stop the glitter from falling...
smooth-yes-
Packaging quality=usual by mac...I personally think its poor as the lid comes out sometimes.
Does it work on my nc20/25ish skintone-NO-maybe only for an evening look when applied lightly it was too harsh on my skin tone...
Mac has another shade black with purple glitter in the normal eyeshadow range (slightly cheaper)- price for the mineralise is expensive for some people whilst maybe not for others esp when comparing to Nars, Chanel etc - but theres more in the pot in comparison to the other eyeshadows.
I found this eyeshadow to be overhyped esp when used dry Barry M dazzledust in 23 maybe similar and The Body Shop baked eyeshadows (less glittery)in amathyst/quartz for a pink version.
I prefer Chanel and some Bourjois (Chanel'svalue range as some call it) shadows in comparison to Mac- many of my mac products dont even come off the pan after a few wears...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by carbonmonoxide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I found out that they were bringing Young Punk back for a year I knew I had to get it. The purple glitter really stands out and I absolutely love it. I use it wet and don't have any issues with fall out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by kaatiex

I adore purple eyeshadow and the moment I saw Young Punk I knew I had to get my hands on it; unfortunately this was the middle of last year when Young Punk had been discontinued. However, through an amazing swap I was able to get my hands on the original formulation, only for Young Punk to be rereleased months later (however, on inspection of Young Punk in store I personally find it to be different from the original).
Black base with purple glitter, it's a gorgeous colour; my favourite of the Style Black Mineralize eyeshadows. I find pigmentation to be good, but I think this eyeshadow really shines when used wet - it creates such a vivid purple sparkle. I often use it wet as an eyeliner, and in this respect I feel it resembles Stila's Little Black Dress Smudge Pot. There is a fair amount of fall out, but when used wet I find fall-out not to be a problem.
It takes a little working with (which is why I've given it a 4 instead of a 5 overall, but I do adore it. I've used it countless times and theres barely even a dip, this will last me forever.
Great value, fantastic colour and good quality; it you like a little glitter and sparkle, get your hands on Young Punk!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Mondenkind

I really love this color but the way the product it's self has been formulated leaves me wanting. Unlike the rest of the shadows in the Style Black collection it has trouble being applied just by it's self. Not that it's bad or has poor color mind you - it just absolutely HAS to have a base with it other wise it does poorly and you don't get enough of the purple color. When applied wet though it takes on a gorgeous jewel toned burgundy color like wine or old velvet. Over all it's a good product, just not as good as the other shadows in the collection.

Also, as others have stated for some reason this product has a TON of fall out - more so than other dark shadows I've used. I had to give all my brushes an extra squirt of Fix+ to make sure everything wouldn't end up on my cheek bones. I'm not sure if this problem is also related to the fact that my YP cracked almost immediately. I can understand this if it got dropped or jerked very hard but the thing started to fall apart on me from day one which is incredibly disappointing since these can't be repressed like most eye shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by hellraz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased young punk on impulse while picking up my regular concealer at the MAC counter. I love glittery stuff and was immediately interested. This is a good quality product and the glitter density doesn't diminish once you get beyond the first layer like some cheaper shadows. On the eyes, this really looks like more of a very shiny shimmer shadow (say that 10 times fast) rather than a glittery shadow. Kinda disappointing. Plus the base is a flat grey-black - it would be way cooler if the base was purple so it would enhance the glitter/shimmer rather than hide it with sooty blackness. From most angles, you don't even really see the purple shimmer that well. The light has to be hitting at just the right angle. This does have some usefulness and isn't totally lame or anything, which is a good thing because it's freakin' HUGE. Well, that's not entirely true. The packaging is the same size as a MAC cream color base. The product weight is 2.2g vs 1.5g for a regular MAC shadow, so you're getting 32% more product in way larger packaging.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Look up! swatched it for ya. with the foiling method. young punk is an awesome glittery purple. I love it .

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by djnevermore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a thing for purple shadows. This, combined with the hype, drew me to it. When I got my hands on one, I was entirely disappointed. There is a lot of fallout with YP. Also, the purple is created partially from a black base with red glitter. Once they are no longer in the compact form of the e/s, (i.e. once on the eye), it is more like an uneven charcoal grey with irritating bits of red glitter. I had to pack it on to get it to look purplish, and then it was so shimmery, it accentuated all the flaws my 37 y-o eyelids have. Less than halfway through the day, it had creased like mad and disappeared almost entirely where there were no creases.

I quickly swapped it away and hope the person I swapped it to was happy with it. There are WAY better purple MAC shadows out there!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I uploaded a picture of Hard Candy Supernova and MACs YOUNG PUNK in the photos here to show you how these 2 shadows are almost identical. In the pots they look very similar but on they are honestly identical other then the fact that the hard candy version has a tad less glitter and fall out which I think most people will actually like even better. In real life these swatched even more alike then in the photo. For those of you looking for MACs YOUNG PUNK save yourself alot of money and time searching for the HTF LE shadow and buy Hard Candy's version in SUPERNOVA. I purchased the hard candy shadow at WalMart for $6.00.

Both are a purple glittery mineralized eye shadow with a slight bit of black throughout. These make a stunning smokey eye. I love them both!

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by erinoxnam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! Most MAC eyeshadows I use for one purpose only but Young Punk is so versatile! I love it as a lid colour, a crease colour or a lower lash line colour. It's beautiful and would definitely repurchase (not that I will have to).