Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara

4.2

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, Triacontanyl Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Tourmaline, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17; May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I purchased this super expensive mascara after I took my lash extensions off. I used it consistenyl for three weeks and my lashes are noticably longer and thicker. Chantecaille's Longest Lash Mascara fuses the newest lash-growth peptide technology with the original, sought-after Faux Cils formula. Lashes get a boost with Chantecailles unique SymPeptide 17™, stimulating keratin genes and encouraging the strength and length of your natural lashes - without irritation or discoloration. The Longest Lash Mascara creates immediate volume with a special combination of natural waxes to thicken and plump lashes. Chantecailles signature Rosewater is added for a luxurious and healing experience. The formula features the non-clumping, double helix brush to comb and feather lashes for clump-free volume.

Would definitely repurchase but need to save up some of my Nordstroms notes as this mascara is definitely pricey but absolutely worth it.

I'm just reviewing the standard Faux Cils mascara here, it is £35 for a tube of this stuff but I have to say it really is a lovely mascara.

I find that it looks incredibly natural but at the same time dramatic, non-clumpy and the formula is somewhat dry. The brush is just the right size for me to not smack myself in the face or get mascara all over my lids like I do with some of the others too and the bristle brush is really nice and plush.

There is a rose scent to it, but it doesn't bother me too much. It gives your lashes some beautiful definition but feels very light and never makes your lashes stiff. There isn't a mascara that I find it comparable to in all honesty.

Whenever I write a review I always want to try to put some perspective on things - this is a really really beautiful mascara, it gives you some seriously elegant lashes without flaking or clumps on the tips of your lashes like many other mascaras I've tried give you. I've also heard a lot of people say that it lasts way longer than the 3 months and doesn't dry up like some other formulas do although i haven't owned it long enough to confirm this.

All in all I'd say if you have £35 to drop on a really really good mascara that will take you from desk to dance floor then this is an elegant and luxurious purchase but if you can't afford this then honestly it's not so utterly life changing that you can't live without it. I've tried tons of mascaras and I just particularly like this one because it seems to be an "all weather" staple for me if that makes sense.
There are some that I find I don't want to wear every day because they make my lashes look a certain way ie: Some i'll wear with heavy liner because the clumps aren't so obvious. Chantecaille faux cils just fits the bill whatever i'm doing and holds as curl too.

If you can get a sample tube on ebay then try that and see what you think. I wouldn't bother with the longest lash version because Paula Begouns review states that it's useless - it won't make your lashes longer. If you want to drop cash on something that will make your lashes longer then try Revitalash and not the £60 odd price for a tube of the Chantecaille longest lash - Revitalash definitely works.

Please note that this is a review of the Faux Cils "Longest Lash" mascara.

I wear mascara every day, so naturally I baulked at the price of this, which is about $30AUD more than the Faux Cils mascara. However, with dead straight Asian lashes that lack length and volume, I decided to give it a go.

In terms of formulation, the rosewater makes it a bit wet for the first month or so, but it gets better after that. Some people might find it annoying, but I don't really mind - it just means I need to wait a little longer between coats. Being wet also means the tube never dries out towards the end, so I feel like I get more out of it which is great when you consider the price!!

Unlike the standard Faux Cils, the Longest Lash contains "Sim Peptide" which is supposed to lengthen lashes. After going through two tubes, I can't say that I've noticed much of a difference, but then, I'm not very observant of things like this!!

I curl my lashes first before applying MAC lash primer. Then I apply 2-3 coats of mascara. It doesn't clump at all, so it's very tempting to just keep applying!! It really does lengthen and thicken very nicely, which makes it stand out from the other mascaras I've tried. There is also no transfer once it's on.

The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging - the silver colour on the tube tends to wear off. I'm onto my second tube now and the same thing has happened - the colour on the lid of the tube has worn off where my fingers usually grip. Also, with this particular tube, the lid has cracked slightly.

With the first tube that I bought, I threw it into a makeup bag and the silver colour ended up coming off all over the tube, not just the lid. For such an expensive product, I'm disappointed that the packaging isn't better. It also ends up looking like a cheap tube of mascara!!

I will keep buying it, but might give the standard Faux Cils a try and see whether it gives me the same effect with a $30 saving.

Naturally I cringed at the price but my lawd this is gorgeous. Black, separated but still fluffy lashes with volume and a slight curl even without using an eyelash curler! My previous love was the original Diorshow but this is better for every day and I've heard one tube lasts for 6 months to a year instead of the usual 3 to 6 months you can squeeze out of other mascaras so price wise it may not be so bad (I will have to see this for myself). Firstly, this is quite a dry formula which personally I love because you can build it up from subtle to dramatic without getting the clumpy 4-stumps-for-lashes look. I hate very wet mascaras for this reason. Faux Cils unlike other drier formulas including Diorshow leaves your lashes soft rather than stiff or crunchy. Doesn't budge until you add water at which point it's easy to take off. I feel like the formula is nourishing for the lashes as well. This is my first Chantecaille purchase and I'm impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Update: This is very much like Shu's new version of their Mascara Basic so I will be returning this and saving some cash. They are positively identical except this one smells faintly of roses which I can live without.

I do like this mascara and do thinks it reminds me of Shu Basic. The brush is perfect: small enough to wield around my small eyes, builds volume and defines length on my fine thin but long lashes. I have not had problems with the longevity with this product and the black is a nice glossy color.

I do have to take off a lipstick for price. $45 is a lot of money on my teacher's salary so this tube better last. It is a big tube compared to the downsized Clinique versions of late.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely mascara, adds heaps of volume, curls and lengthens. Makes lashes look thick and glossy. Great wand too for application. However one lippy off because for me the mascara transfers and smudges beneath my eyes, definitely not ideal!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

no immediate high drama with this product but can build with confidence. no clumping which is great along with a major plus of not ending up under the eyes many hours later. was told there is a growth product in this which may be true as mine do seem thicker. in any event lashes are in great shape. lippie off for the price. can recommend.

This is the best mascara I've ever used. It lengthens, separates and curls effectively. Clumps and smudges are minimal, so it's perfect for the natural look that I want to achieve. I've been using this mascara for the past six months (not daily though) and the formula hasn't thickened or changed in any other way. I also love the rosy scent! I've tried various high-end mascara brands (YSL, Givenchy, Chanel, etc.) and have yet to find a better substitute.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a beautiful mascara that delivers what it promises. It has the deep dark black pigment which i love and doesn't budge, smudge, but lasts the whole day. I would definitely repurchase this even though it's pricey because it lengthens, curls, and adds volume to my thin asian lashes making it look full without clumping. A definite hit. One lippie off for being outrageously priced though ($60 Cdn before taxes).

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the shortest, most sparse lashes ever (thanks mom!) And I'm ALWAYS looking for great mascara to emphasize my lashes/eyes without the hassle of having to wear falsies. I did a little research and decided on this one. It was much more expensive than I'm used to (I thought paying $23 was being "high end"), but I took the chance and purchased this from Nordstrom so that if I hated it I could easily return with no hassles. First impression was that the packaging was very simple yet classy. Second impression was that I loved how the brush grasped each lash and was soft against my lids. Third, although at first it seems to give a very natural look, you can layer and layer and layer some more without clumping so you can make your lashes as dramatic as you'd like. You can even touch up your lashes later in the day for an evening event without having to start over and it still didn't clump. The color is a very deep black as opposed to having an ash tint. Last impression was that although it did find with making lashes look fuller, I didn't quite get the lengthening effect that I wanted. Overall, I really like it but I will have to later it with my Benefits "real" mascara to get the length desired without having to wear falsies.

Popular Mascaras