Mary Kay Velocity Body Moisture Gel

2.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It doesn't take as much of this silicone gel to cover your legs as it does other lotions and creams. A little goes a long way. I've had mine a several years now and the scent is still fresh. I find the best way to apply it to freshly shaven legs is to thoroughly dry the skin, use a small amount in the palm of your hands and spread lightly..no need to rub. You have to make sure and wash your hands afterwards. In a few min. when it soaks in/dries my legs are soo smooth. =) I find that it doesn't do well on my arms(which I don't usually shave/wax)though, but I only apply moisturizers to my elbows anyways so it really doesn't matter. I remember when Gap use to have a silicone gel as well at one point in time, mmmm.

I asked for the Velocity Shower Gel and received this instead, even though I had read the reviews and didn't want it. As others I mistakenly used it as shower gel and wondered why the stuff wasn't foaming up. When I found that it was meant to be used as a lotion I applied it to my legs and expected the icky feeling that others below had discribed. However, after a while, the icky feeling went away and left me with smooth skin. I presume it will last long as well since it is a silicone formula.

sample. it smells nice, but it leaves a wierd plasticcy filmy feel to it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I hated this stuff. Although I like the smell, when I wear this, it feels like my skin is wrapped in seran wrap. It can't breath or something. I'm pretty sure it's from all the silicones in it. When I wore this, I felt the need to take a shower immediately. Just left that grimy, sweaty feeling.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the Velocity fragrance but find the perfume a bit strong. so, I have taken to using just the body gel and I love how it feels on my skin. I do have dry skin and it works great for me.

I agree with the other reviews that this is best for Winter on very dry skin. After you put it on you feel kind of sticky for a little while. I love the scent so I think for Summer I'll stick to the fragrance and bath foam.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

very interesting slick stuff. I love the scent, but the texture reminded me a bit of lube. its definetly good when your skin is winter dry. but i have the feeling that this tube will last me a little while. because a tiny bit will moisturize alot! maybe i'll get it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

greasy greasy greasy...if i want to feel like this i will bathe in a vat of baby oil. the smell is a bit off. not quite like the regular velocity citrusy smell. --------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.

Popular Body Skincare Products