July 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Skincare - Body - Mary Kay - Velocity Body Moisture Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by greeneyed07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't take as much of this silicone gel to cover your legs as it does other lotions and creams. A little goes a long way. I've had mine a several years now and the scent is still fresh. I find the best way to apply it to freshly shaven legs is to thoroughly dry the skin, use a small amount in the palm of your hands and spread lightly..no need to rub. You have to make sure and wash your hands afterwards. In a few min. when it soaks in/dries my legs are soo smooth. =) I find that it doesn't do well on my arms(which I don't usually shave/wax)though, but I only apply moisturizers to my elbows anyways so it really doesn't matter. I remember when Gap use to have a silicone gel as well at one point in time, mmmm.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by AppleDeco

I asked for the Velocity Shower Gel and received this instead, even though I had read the reviews and didn't want it. As others I mistakenly used it as shower gel and wondered why the stuff wasn't foaming up. When I found that it was meant to be used as a lotion I applied it to my legs and expected the icky feeling that others below had discribed. However, after a while, the icky feeling went away and left me with smooth skin. I presume it will last long as well since it is a silicone formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2004 8:07:00 PM More reviews by beautijunki

sample. it smells nice, but it leaves a wierd plasticcy filmy feel to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by gracie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this stuff. Although I like the smell, when I wear this, it feels like my skin is wrapped in seran wrap. It can't breath or something. I'm pretty sure it's from all the silicones in it. When I wore this, I felt the need to take a shower immediately. Just left that grimy, sweaty feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Tracey15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the Velocity fragrance but find the perfume a bit strong. so, I have taken to using just the body gel and I love how it feels on my skin. I do have dry skin and it works great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2003 11:32:00 AM More reviews by kristinlb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the other reviews that this is best for Winter on very dry skin. After you put it on you feel kind of sticky for a little while. I love the scent so I think for Summer I'll stick to the fragrance and bath foam.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2003 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very interesting slick stuff. I love the scent, but the texture reminded me a bit of lube. its definetly good when your skin is winter dry. but i have the feeling that this tube will last me a little while. because a tiny bit will moisturize alot! maybe i'll get it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 10:31:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

greasy greasy greasy...if i want to feel like this i will bathe in a vat of baby oil. the smell is a bit off. not quite like the regular velocity citrusy smell. --------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.