Serious Skin Care Firm-A-Face

1.6

on 3/19/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I applied this product to my face, it had the effect of superglue on my skin. It tightened my face so tight it looked extremely unnatural. After a few minutes, it turned into a white, chalk-like film which splashed off easily with water, however it left my skin extremely dry, red and irritated.

on 1/25/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

hard to believe all the negative on this- i apply this on a wet face- VERY VERY LITTLE- if you over it do it - you get chalky- to tight- i really like mine.. a little goes a long way- i spot use it- not all over-

on 9/18/2010 10:36:00 PM

Expensive, flakey, chalky results. Tried this product several times and watched the demo many times to see if I was doing it right. You need to shake the product first, before using otherwise it will be much too liquidy. When I do use it since it is too late to return to HSN (got it in a kit), I mix a very small amount with my moisturizer and apply. Would never order this product alone.

on 6/7/2010 2:11:00 PM

I am soooooooo grateful this was free with a kit because I would be KICKING myself for being so stupid! If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. I followed all the directions, watched their application numerous times and the only thing I had to show for it was dry uncomfortable skin. I now laugh at all of them including Signature Club A. I love to watch Adrienne push the ladies eyebrow and WOW instant lift LOL. I will continue to hydrate and exfoliate and unless I can afford plastice surgery, I will have to give into wrinkles. Maryann

on 5/13/2010 2:00:00 PM

At best a party game!! Gather some gfs and play "scare the sh*t out of yourself"!!! It looks soooo freaky when you put it on. I actually got a sample size, tried it and walked out of the bathroom and scared my daughter silly. "What happened to your face???" she asked. And you know what? My face was so tight and drawn I couldn't answer her. This is the closest failure to "InstaTox" ever. Exactly HOW is this supposed to help again? For you ladies that bought it in quantity and were unable to return unused portions, there is always someone on eBay willing to buy it.

on 2/24/2010 2:32:00 PM

WOW, I was surprised at all the negative reviews on this product. I've been using it for a few month now and love the way my skin looks after. My pores are nearly invisible and my skin almost looks like glass - makeup glides on. It's all in what you expect. I've learned not to expect miracles with any of these types of products - what I do expect is smoother, softer skin where I can see a difference. I've given up on expecting miraculous results; only plastic surgery can do that.

on 1/12/2010 10:40:00 AM

I didn't actually use this, but I just had to thank MUA. Bazaar Magazine almost sucked me into buying this, but MUA saved me!!

on 10/29/2009 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Is this what you want? Dry, tight, irritated skin that needs cortisone cream to heal it? If so, rush right out and buy this overpriced junk.

on 10/13/2009 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I will never put this on my face even if someone paid me. It did work, lets say, but the results were not pretty, this stuff stretched my pores for 3 days. I looked like an alien or burgler wearing nylon on his face, thats how my face looked like. I had large craters that relaxed after the 4th day. I followed the directions, shoke the tube, laid down while it was drying, I did everything I could to keep this product from pulling on my skin, still my pores looked stretched making me look like I just put nylon on my face. Pulling of skin causes pores to stretch, its common sense. Jennifer is selling snake oil, this does not to provide benefit to the skin.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Silicate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Pentylene Glycol, Calcium Hydroxymethionine, 3-Aminopropane Sulfonic Acid, Aminobutyric Acid, Glycerin, Lecithin, Sorbitol, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Butylene Glycol, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Caffeine, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

on 10/2/2009 8:39:00 AM

Well, at least I just bought a sample size from ebay...but still a total waste. Many years ago, a co-worker brought in a tub of yellow powder and gave every woman in the office a scoop. You mixed it with water, and it did the exact same thing as this stuff. Felt interesting while it was tightening, but that was about it--and I'm sure whatever it was, it was dirt cheap because it was in a huge tub. The first two ingredients in the SSC product are basically sand (silica) and milk of magnesia (magnesium).

Popular Treatments (Face)