April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Hair Styling Tools - T3 - PRO blowdryer

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by kneena88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mine broke after maybe 2 years like everyone else. I turned it on to dry my poor little doggie and some metal piecies spontaeously burt loose and made really loud noises, while blowing around inside the dryer. Nearly gave me and the poor dog a heart attack. There isn't anyway to open it up and put it back together or else I would try. $100 piece of trash =(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lbk55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The $20 drugstore hair dryer I bought 7 years ago? Still working like the day I bought it.

This $200 T3 PRO hair dryer bought at Sephora? Worked great for about 2 years until the motor just stopped working. I opened the box to get the number to call for the warranty, and found another surprise: a notice saying that unless you'd registered the product right after purchase, there is no warranty! Wonderful.

This is NOT the service you expect when you purchase "the best of the best."

When I searched online to research this problem, I can't tell you how many similar stories I came across --- though many worse: Many who had the warranty in effect, but had this thing konk out just after the expiration date.

Strongly do not recommend -- unless you're okay with investing in something that will only work for a couple years.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NO! NO! NO! Garbage! Do not buy this hairdryer ladies! Your money is better spent elsewhere. For those that gave this product a good review, just wait..oh yes, just you wait. Like another reviewer stated, mine went out in a clattering, ear bursting manner mid blowout. The warranty had JUST expired (I had just thrown out the receipt and barcode a few weeks prior) and then this dryer died.

If you read the other reviews on this site, the majority of users experienced the same thing: a product that died just before or just after the warranty ended. I do not have the money to give this another try.

For the price ($200, eek!), I had expected this dryer to last me at least 5 years. Instead, it lasted me two and a half.
The only good thing about this is that while it did work, it was fabulous. Super hot, and dried my hair faster than any other dryer I've tried.

Overall, a huge disappointment. Shame on you, T3.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by annalynn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I previously owed a tourmaline ionic in the 130 price range and it did pretty good but still somewhat frizzy after drying I decided to take a leap of faith since these are not cheap and purchase man I am so thrilled I did I am So in Love with this dryer I almost don't have to use my flat iron after I do a blow out with this baby! Money def well spent..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by snozzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the featherweight model and it dries my hair quickly and makes it so smooth. It was expensive but the build quality feels cheap. I had my first one for 3 years and then it broke. The fan just randomly came off while I was using it, no drops no nothing. I had a travel one too that died. Nonetheless, the dryer worked well and it did last for 3 years of daily use and sephora replaced it easily. Maybe if my current one breaks again I will seriously look for a new hair dryer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by MSAries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My second T3 Pro in 2 years died this morning. It went out in the same jarring, ear-clattering matter as it's predecessor, mid-blowout. Grrrr. This one lasted about the same amount of time as the last one, not quite a year. I returned the first to Sephora and they exchanged it for me. I was hoping that it was just a fluke and that the new one would last longer, but....newp. I am going to try to take this one back to Sephora as well. For such a "fancy", expensive blowdryer, I would expect it to last more than a year. I've had Revlon dryers last longer!! For what it's worth, it did seem to dry my hair faster but nothing earth shattering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the T3 pro pink dryer from QVC about 3 years ago. It was great WHEN IT WASN'T BROKE!! I gave it a generous 2 stars for giving me smooth hair while drying quickly. However, the working life of this product is completely unacceptable! I had mine replaced twice under warranty and the latest one has now broke too. I am not rough on my blow dryers, each time it sounded like something came loose inside of it and it started rattling very loudly (while at the same time ceasing to blow). It's life span was one year, not cool for a blow dryer that cost $100!! I actually bought a Revlon Tourmaline RV544 and probably won't buy another T3 again. The RV544 works ALMOST as good, is more reliable, and a fraction of the T3 price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by chaque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am disappointed in this hair dryer. I wish I had spent more money and bought the featherweight. The concentrator constantly falls off when I try to use it. I hadn't used it much during the first month because I was sick, so by the time I realized how unhappy I was with it, it was too late to return it.

Spend a bit more money and get one of the higher quality hair dryers. The Pro isn't much better than the ones you can get for half the price.

*"*EDIT 8/20/11**

I am lowering my review to a 2. This hair dryer broke tonight. I have had it for about a year and a half and I only use it on average twice a week. I do not think a styling product at this price point should break so easily. :-(

I tried contacting customer support because it has a 2 year warranty but I have not heard anything back yet.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by skinnie302

Ugh, what a waste of money! When my T3 Featherweight broke I bought this model to save some money. I was told it worked just as well. Umm, lie! Doesn't get as hot, concentrator keeps falling off, loud and heavy. I hate it and as soon as I have the money for a Featherweight I will be getting one!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyTheHM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Junk. I bought this dryer at last years Sephora F&F sale. I really wanted the Evolution, but really didn't want to fork out that kind of cash for it. The SA at Sephora assured me that the Pro was just as good for a fraction of the price, so I trusted her experience and bought the Pro. I used it with pretty good results. I noticed it really did cut down on my drying time drastically. I could dry my fine, very curly, medium length hair in about 15- 20 min. where it used to take me 30-40 min with my old crappy WHAL dryer. I did notice an improvement in the health of my hair as well. I'm not sure if the fancy technology had anything to do with it or not, but I'm sure that the fact that I wasn't having to use the dryer on my hair as long helped a lot. Less heat exposure. Well, my wonderful experience with this dryer came to a scary ending, 7 months later. I was doing my usual blow out one night and I turned the dryer off and set it down on the counter to section off another piece of hair, and when I turned it back on it made a horrible eeeekk and a loud pop. I thought the darn thing was about to electrocute me! I quickly turned it off. As I cursed and set the dryer down I heard it make a rattling noise in the inside, so I shook it. Sure enough, the motor had broken to pieces. The only good thing is I bought it from Sephora and they're return service is outstanding! I called ahead of time and explained the situation and the SA told me to just bring it in and they would give me a full store credit. The next day I went in and the gave me a store credit for the amount I paid, tax and the F&F discount amount. Amazing! I'm now going to get the Evolution like I should have in the first place. Lesson learned.