July 28, 2014 | 2129 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Rusk - W8Less Ceramic and Tourmaline 2000 Watt Dryer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

I am in love with this hairdryer. I come from a long line of drugstore brand dryers, because honestly, how different can a Conair be from some $70+ dollar blower? Well, I am here to tell you, this is seriously so worth it.

I first bought the Rusk SpeedFreak, and while I loved how it styled so quickly, I noticed that it was just a little too strong for my fine hair. It ran a little hot, even on medium (always dry the majority of your hair on the "medium" heat setting, and then style on "hot" - you'll save your locks). Also, the large airflow kept tangling my hair. So I returned it, and bought the W8less instead.

Perfect temperature (3 choices, and a cold shot) plus low and high air speed. It dries my hair super fast (shaved off about 5-7 minutes from a 20 minute dry-time), and the drier itself lives up to its name by being extremely lightweight. I was able to achieve superior styling (and I'm no stylist) because the drier was easy to maneuver and has perfect airflow - my hair was noticeably styled better. And, it's a pretty quiet hairdryer for having such good flow.

During this time, my boyfriend also bought me the Fire Red Chi hairdryer to try out in case the W8less was another return. I hated it -- after using the W8less for a week, I was spoiled, and hated that the Chi didn't have heat settings, and had a longer dry-time than the Rusk. I returned it immediately (after thanking my boyfriend for being so thoughtful!) and have been using the W8less ever since.

Bottom line: Extremely lightweight. Perfect airflow for a drastically reduced dry-time. Multiple heat settings. Easy to actually create a blowout. Hoping it lasts (already had it a year), but will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love this dryer. It's relatively quiet, small, sleek and light, has 3 heat and 3 speed settings and airflow that dries and styles without blowing my hair right out of the round brush I use. So far so good, I'm really glad I found this.