AG Hair Cosmetics Fast Food Leave On Conditioner

4.3

Aqueous extracts of sage, nettle, chamomile, hops, rosemary, balm mint, yarrow, cherry bark, lemongrass and calendula, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, tallowtrimonium chloride, nonoxynol-10, peg-40 castor oil, stearalkonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, jojoba oil, hydroxypropyltrimonium honey, panthenol, aloe barbadensis extract, silk amino acids, cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed hair keratin, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone copolyol, allantoin, tetrasodium edta, octyl methoxycinnamate (sunscreen), fragrance, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, idopropynyl butylcarbamate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, d&c violet no. 2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm 60, and my hair is colored silver. It is very thick, and has become coarse. I hadn't used a leave-in for years, and recently decided to use one again. I picked up the AG Fast Food at Ulta for $7.95 (sample size). I'm very impressed with it! It leaves my hair feeling smooth, soft, and hydrated even after blow drying and flat ironing. I have a strong natural wave, and use it along with Chi Straight Guard before I style. I finish with Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss. My hair looks like a sheet of silver ice! Beautiful! A definite re-purchase!

on 1/24/2015 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i didn't ever think that a cream leave-in conditioner would work on my hair, for some reason. it probably would have been overkill before i bleached my hair. however, now that my hair needs tons of moisture every day, in multiple different forms (conditioner, deep conditioner, masks, treatments, leave-ins), this leave-in conditioner is absolutely perfect for moisturizing and smoothing my hair after a shower.

i use a quarter-sized amount -- so about half a pump -- of this on damp (NOT wet, damp) hair, focusing mostly on the lengths and ends, but not completely ignoring my roots and bangs -- yes, i do use a leave-in conditioner on my roots. i also use conditioner on my roots in the shower. my hair's extremely dry and damaged, i've learned that i can get away with it.

i love that this product contains castor oil (one of my favorite haircare ingredients) and jojoba oil (another favorite) high up in the ingredients list, and it smells absolutely lovely (due to a number of fragrant plant oils -- you might want to skip this one if you're sensitive to that sort of thing), though the scent doesn't really linger in my hair.

the only real downside is the cost, but ulta has a sale on litres of this twice a year, so i'd recommend stocking up then -- a litre should definitely last you six months, if not longer, even if you use this product every day, like i do.

on 12/9/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My hair is thick, coarse, curly and is heat-styled every time I wash it. I needed something that will supplement my regular shampoo and conditioner and Fast Food is a great addition. I rub a full pump on the ends of my damp hair and slowly work it up the hair shaft for added protection. After combing it through, I dry my hair, flat-iron and finish with a half pump of Moroccan Oil. My hair is shiny and soft. Since adding Fast Food to my regime, my hair looks healthier and I can go longer between trims. I already have great hair despite the abuse I put it through and Fast Food has made it that much more.

on 10/12/2014 11:59:00 AM

Love this stuff. It's pretty simple. Easy to use. It makes my colored, highlighted hair much more soft and manageable. I bought this without knowing much about it, but loved it. I ran out and immediately bought the liter bottle of this. It's really a great deal when Ulta has their sale on liters.
After washing and towel drying, I put this on my ends and other stying products towards the roots. It's a dream product to me. Without it, my ends are much drier and coarse looking.

on 9/9/2014 8:14:00 PM

My hair is blonde (color treated), unruly, oily, fine to normal, and just above my chest length wise. I use this as a 5 min "deep conditioner" in the shower and then wash it out. It smells sweet and the smell goes away after you leave the shower. The conditioner is pretty thick and it works well. It leaves my hair looking smooth and healthy. I would definitely buy again during the liter sale, not at full retail price... Even if it is a great conditioner.

on 8/4/2014 3:58:00 AM

This leave-in conditioner is pretty decent but it's not my favorite. I find that it doesn't give my hair quite enough moisture or heat protection, although it does leave my hair smooth and manageable enough. Doesn't make my hair feel sticky or weighed-down and I like the scent too. I'll keep using it until it's gone, but it's not something I can't live without. It did not impress me enough to buy it again.
For reference, I have hair that is thick, dry, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly.

on 7/16/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a pretty good conditioner but it did not top my favorite, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in (unlike the reviewer below!). Not to say that this wouldn't work great with others with different needs! My hair is long (bra-strap length), thick, and straight 1b/1c. At first I felt that this left a sticky residue but then I realized I was probably using too much. I have a LOT of hair, but I found a mere one-half of a pump to work best (I was previously using a full pump). It conditions well and feels extremely lightweight. However, I was not completely won over because I usually style my hair super-straight with a blow dryer and flat-iron on most days, and I get much better results using the Neutrogena with heat compared to this (also use CHI Silk Infusion before heat). So for me, this would definitely not be worth the full price even though you only use a very small amount. I got this during Ulta's liter sale for $22 so its not a big loss, and I will just use it up on days when I won't be using heat.

Great leave in. You only need a small dollop and it leaves hair shiny and healthy looking and moisturized. Doesn't weigh down my fine hair.

on 3/14/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this leave-in!!! It's among the best i've tried. My previous favorite was Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In, which i've been using for about two years now, but AG Fast Food might be replacing it. I feel it takes my hair to the next level and really smoothes and nourishes my ends. I use this with my normal routine after dove thermal replenishing spray and before silk therapy. My hair has certainly improved after I added Fast Food- it's healthier-looking, bouncier, has more body, and more shine. And the scent is divine, hard to describe though. I purchased the 2 oz size at Ulta to try it out.

About my hair: Normal volume, Fine strands, medium brown, long (mid back), Dry ends, normal roots

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is so nice! Looking at the ingredients, I really didn't think it would do much for my hair, but it really makes it soft, shiny, and feel healthier. Some glossing creams and serums can make your hair super shiny but not look very healthy, and while this won't quite get your hair to that level of shine, it'll be a lot smoother and easier to manage. Just remember to use a good clarifying shampoo once a week or so since it does have some silicones in it, but I haven't had any issue with build-up.