September 23, 2014 | 1622 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Studio Single Eyeshadow Saddle

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I don't know whether it's just the one I have, but I find this to be a really 'blah' kind of colour and don't find myself reaching for it on a regular basis. In fact, since I got it about 6 months ago I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually used it. There's nothing majorly wrong with it - it's easy to apply, builds to a nice coverage and the packaging is easy to use too - but once it's on it just looks... 'meh'. Not the best - I would recommend Mystic Moss over this one anyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nahlaelkadi

Ok, I'm not the kind of person that wears eyeshadow everyday. And if I will, I always wear matte eye shadows. I actually bought this by accident , I bought it online and I thought it was a matte color . When I first saw this eyeshadow I thought I'll never gonna wear this anywhere. However, I decided to try it out and actually it was the first time for me to LOVE an eyeshadow like this. This is a mid tone brown eyeshadow it has gold sparkles in it p, it's not glittery at all its tinny little gold sparkles , the color is on the bronzy side it's not as dark as it is in the packing. U can wear it all over the lid or in the crease its an amazing color and I love it and I will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by didicrump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at my local Dollar Tree! Its one of my go to shades, I've recently hit pan on it. Its super pigmented and its great for an everyday lid color. It'd even work well as an outer v or crease color, its very versatile. It's got very chic packaging and its very affordable. Nice product all together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Elf Studio Eyeshadows are really nice & Saddle is a really nice neutral brown shadow. Its a great staple brown. i am a neutral/earth tone shadow lover & this shadow looks ok online but as we all know, the Elf Site swatches are decieving and dont really show you the true color & Saddle is really a nice metallic shadow to use all the time!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Elf Studio single shadows are available under the studio line on the eyeslipsface website as well as various shades can be found at local Target stores. The price is wonderfully cheap at $3 for a pretty shadow!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Saddle is a great metallic chromatic deep bronze maroon brown shadow. Its a great warm shadow. Can be worn alone for a simple datime look or added into brown looks. Great for crease work to add a unique multidimensional shadow. I have cool toned skin & was afraid this would pull to red on my skin & make my eyes look sick but its the right amount of maroon undertones. Its very pretty esp if you add a matte dark chocolately brown shade in the outer v. The Elf Studio shadows are pressed nicely, with little to no fallout. Some of the shadows are a tad chalky or have some fillers but Saddle is one of the best formulas. Not too chalky or hard. The shadows can be sheer or built up for more intensity. I def suggests using a primer (ex. the Elf $1 Eyelid Primer is great) to help the pigmentation & longevity of the shadow. The shadows alone will stay on w/ out fading for around 4-5 hours but w/ a primer & cream base this will stay on for 9 hrs + so def a pretty great performing shadow. The Elf Studio shadows are easy to apply & blend nicely. I like the fact these go on a tad sheer that way they dont look so harsh & cakey. Its a nice shadow to play around with & learn blending techniques. But Saddle is a really unique & pretty shadow.
=PACKAGING=
The Elf Studio shadows come in a flat black rectangular compact that look very similiar to the Nars Eyeshadow packaging which means, the shadows look expensive & ohlala. The lid snaps open/close w/ white label writing. The shade name is on a sticker on the back that i wish were bigger since i have bad eyes but the front lid has a sneek thru window to see which shadow shade is inside. These shadows make my collection look expensive not cheap. The shadow is a great size! the pan runs the whole way on the bottom part of the compact. The lid inside has a mini mirror thats tiny but i guess its alright if we had to. The shadow pan is deep & big size so you get a ton of shadow which i LOVE bc it means ton of product for little price. These shadows look so much like Nars which makes me happy bc ill never be able to afford Nars so it curves my lemming for one.
Overall, Saddle is a great earthtone brown shade. Even amongst my tons of brown shadows, this one stands along the top since its a warmer tone i normally dont buy too many warm browns & this one is great for Fall time since metallics are in & this shadow can make so many great holiday looks. Esp since im too pale to pull of true red shades, this one does the trick w/out putting a red into the look! Try the elf studio shadows, Saddle is one of the best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

This is a mid-tone brown eyeshadow that can easily be worn everyday for a more neutral look from the ELF Studio line. It's what I consider to be a matte shade--no shimmer or sparkles. The texture is pretty good and it's fairly well-pigmented. Although I like it, it's not my most favorite shade from the Studio eyeshadow line...so 4 stars for that. But like all the Studio eyeshadows, I find it to be of high quality and good pigmentation for a low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by RhinestoneBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually have this in every color, and I love how pigmented they are. There isn't a wide range of colors, but the ones in the line are nice. When applying these shadows, I don't have much problem with fallout. And for $3 there is PLENTY of product here. The packaging is nice, with a little window so you can see the color, and no sponge tip applicator, because I would just end up throwing that away. Overall these are great shadows for a great price, just wanting more colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product is great =). i love the formulation of all the elf studio line eyeshadows and the color pay off on all of them is amazing, which was surprising because the regular line eyeshadows are on my donotlike list. this color is gorgeous for defining the crease and blends very nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by porslynprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the colour of this eyeshadow is beautiful, however i find it alittle hard to blend..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a 0.097 oz/2.75 g E.L.F. Studio Single Eyeshadow in Saddle during E.L.F.'s 75% off Studio line sale (retails $3.00). The colour is more caramel than the image on the E.L.F. website. There is clear plastic on the lid which makes it easier to find colours without having to open the compact. In addition, this compact does not include an applicator, but a small rectangle mirror embedded into the underside of the lid.

PRODUCT INFORMATION: Beautiful soft texture that melts into the skin for a vibrant color that lasts. Convenient and easy to apply, just layer the color to achieve the desired intensity. Apply wet or dry for a fabulous look that never creases or fades.

DIRECTIONS: Blend color onto eyelid with an eyeshadow brush, layer on color for desired intensity. Apply dry for a more subtle look or wet for a dramatic look and a longer wear.