December 22, 2014 | 747 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Kabuki Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by ToniTate

Hands down one of the best brushes I own!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: If there is one brush you should buy from e.l.f.'s studio line, this is it! The brush is so soft and fluffy, and super affordable. One of the biggest benefits of having this brush is its multi-functionality - it can be used to set your makeup with a light powder, apply blush, or blend out blush/bronzer. Even though I've had this brush for quite some time now (at least a couple of years), the brush has maintained its shape, and none of the bristles have fallen out.

CONS: You have to be careful when applying blush with this brush because it does have a larger surface area than most blush brushes.

FINAL THOUGHT: If you can get your hands on one, go buy it! You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful brush for the price. Easily comparable to high end brushes you would find at Sephora! The bristles are amazingly soft and it has a strong sturdy feel to it. No fallout and blends makeup effortlessly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Love this brush for powder foundation. It gives really good coverage more than I get with the studio powder brush.
I also have one in my purse for touch ups during the day. I can either dab it onto my skin for a touch up or swirl in my powder if I need more coverage or if I need to refresh my makeup to go somewhere after work.
Great face brush

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by aspiringtoglam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This brush is high quality for the price point-- it's soft, holds up well to washing (no shedding, no frays), and it does indeed provide the smooth, airbrush finish it promises.

My only qualm with it is that it tends to splay more than I'd like when I'm trying to blend out product, which gives me less control over where I want to blend and how much I want the area in question blended out. The splaying is great for sheer applications (like finishing powders, or loose powders in general) and for buffing out large areas. But if you want to do more targeted blending, I'd recommend a brush with a smaller and slightly denser head.

All that said, this is a great brush and I'd absolutely repurchase it in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swear ELF makes some of the best affordable brushes around. I only use their Studio line (black handle) because the two Essential brushes (white handle) I've tried are way too rough on my skin. This kabuki brush is softer than my old skool Chanel kabuki...I kid you not! I love the way it feels on my face. EDIT: I forgot to mention I have no shedding issues and that the dry time when I washed it was looooong (I washed it at about 6pm and at 6:30am it was still ever so slightly damp)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by hillaryx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had picked up the elf kabuki brush about 6 or so months ago, which at that time I never really heard of this brand. I never tried any brushes before this so I can't compare this to anything, but I was tired of using the powder applicater that would come with my loose powders, so I figured why not. This kabuki is so soo soft and just dense enough to evenly apply my finishing powders. Like I stated before, I got this a lil over half a year ago, and I haven't expierenced shedding once. Not even one single hair. It holds up washings very nicely, which I use baby shampoo for since it's cheap and gentle. I just recently bought two more for backups, as well as helped me really venture into the world of makeup brushes. I definitely would recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the good reviews I've heard about it. Before Target came to Canada, I think the only place to get E.L.F products was at Winners, which was where I got mine for $8 - 9. I was super disappointed with it. It wasn't as soft as other face brushes I got, and it just wasn't the same after I washed it for the first time. Maybe I got a bad batch but I wouldn't repurchase because there are better ones out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by dannydiaz20

Awesome brush for powders.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by scrappinrandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good for the first two months but now it sheds like crazy! . :(