November 28, 2014 | 889 users online

Powder - Giorgio Armani - Silk Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Contessa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love LSF foundation so thought I would try the powder foundation. I am nc30 and the lady told me to buy shade 3. It is quite light to be honest so the shade is wrong but the yellow tone is perfect. The 4 looked quite dark by comparison, the colours seem to jump a bit. Anyway this is such light coverage it honestly is just not worth the money. so many compacts these days are just like setting powders really and they call them, foundations but are so insanely light. I prefer stuidofix. So while it is a nice setting powder, a foundation it isnt as it covers aboiut as much as a very light tinted mouistiser which begs the question do you want to pay this high price for what is essentially a setting powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me - Combination skin with beginning signs of aging ie: mild melasma and some fine lines and loss of firmness in eye area. I typically like medium to heavy coverage foundations that don't look too masky or settle into pores and wrinkles.

I'm 45 now and I typically don't wear powder foundations anymore as they settle into my fine lines or look chalky and dry. This foundation is the exception -- I actually love the way it conceals and perfects my complexion! My mom commented on how flawless my skin looked when I wore it for the first time around her.

Pluses

- Covered my melasma surprisingly well and I didn't even use concealer.

- Love that this is so easy/quick to apply, great when you're in a hurry.

- Provides 34 spf PA+++ physical (Titanium Dioxide) sun protection.

- Looks even better as it settles and blends with your moisturizer/primer and natural oils.

- Can layer more on problem areas.

Cons

- Price

- I go through this fairly quickly.

I am about an NC25 and 4 (yellow/beige toned) is a bit too light while 5 is too pink/peach (and I imagine well-suited to NW skin tones). I like this so much I'm going to buy 6 and attempt to blend it with 4. I'll update with my results!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Gaeia

I bought Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk powder at Saks in color #5 several days ago because I wanted to replicate the effect I got from the powder in an Armani palette- which is perfection incarnate. I have many compact and loose powders already but I wanted something new, spectacular and slightly smaller for my purse.
I actually would have bought #5.5 if left to my own devices (I'm @ NC25) but the salesman at Saks helpfully explained that #5.5 would be too dark- he insisted 5 was my color: "It's Perfect!" Though #5 looked too light I suspended my disbelief (the reason I own SO much makeup, after all, apart from ebay!!) and I bought it along side their lip wax, cream blush and silk foundation.

Once I got home, I applied the powder & looked at myself in the mirror- and cringed: within seconds I realized it was way too dark- and so orange! In the pan it looks like the perfect light neutral beige but this is deceiving as it instantly oxidizes on your skin- or at least it did on my skin...Also, the texture of the powder is coarser than I expected after using the powder in my Armani palette, as well as my (powder) Armani blushes & eye shadows. I had never bought powder by itself from Armani but the other stuff I do have of theirs is so finely milled that I'd been lemming after this forever, it seemed. Unfortunately this Armani Silk powder turned out to be a disappointment for me- my first bummer GA product experience- - really, since my initial foray into Armani Beauty everything has always performed wonderfully.... (my second one happened the next morning, with the foundation- but that's for a different review.)

I believe at this price point this purchase should have been effortless. What if I were also buying from their site- rather than in person?! I guess it's one way to up your sales quota (hoping customers won't return wrong color and buy a second hopefully better color match- but I seriously hope this is not a harbinger of things to come out of Armani as it would break my heart.... People rise to the expectations and standard you set, one should not lower one's standards to meet the lowest common denominator, for nothing would ever be sublime....
Lastly, If you can find it, you will fall in love with Armani's Black Gem Palette (2008?) - I have both the "light" and the "dark" version but just love the "dark" version's lighter powder on the lower level- in fact I think it would be suitable for all but the very palest beauties- try the "Light" Gem palette- but hmmm actually even they should try the dark version (of the lighter powder) during the summer! I bought both blind and am still SO loving them: they cover completely- & without heaviness- and are just incredible. Why can't Armani's Luminous Silk powder do the same?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Flyingbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been searching for a long time to find the perfect
foundation for me. I was after a full coverage with yellow base,
dewy looking and lasting power. Thepowder foundation has it all.
It doesn't sink into the creases under the eyes and if anything,
softens them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by vbirch

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

an amazing foundation! it is worth the price. face looks flawless and continues to look that way as the day goes on. the only powdered foundation that i can use the sponge to apply the foundation and it does not look cakey. worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup2much

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot tell you how much I love GA foundations! They leave my skin looking virtually flawless. I do have dry skin but find that not only is this compact foundation really quick to use, any dry lines I have on my face disappear with this! Woo hoo! I have this in shade No. 6. I think I should use 5 but I like my skin to look warmer with a bit more colour.

It is expensive, but for me, it lasts around 8/ 9 months. The sponge is very good quality- just remember to wash it with shampoo regularly. The coverage is buildable. Natural first, if you apply allover again it's medium/full coverage. You can use it wet or dry, but I couldn't really tell much difference and as I usually do my make up on the train/bus (rushing to work) dry is better. When it was nearly finished it did break up into lots of bits, but it's still usable, I just don't take it on the bus in fear of it crumbling onto my lap!

I have only lurve for you Giorgio baby! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I got the colour #6. The foundation smoothes my face out and gives a absolutely silky flawless finish. But then, it somehow oxidises after an hour or so and makes my face as orange as Giorgio Armani. Hahahahahahaha. So, I will only use it when I get tanned in the summer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by hazel1705

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty good i must say. It is very finely milled and does tend to give a flawless finish. It gives a much nicer finish on me than the Prescriptives All Skins mineral foundation. I find that mineral makeup tends to separate on my skin and talc based products work better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to love this foundation. Reordered from Saks in 5. It oxidized in to a strange orangey color. I thought my moisturizer may have caused this color change. Tried a different moisturizer. No luck, so back it goes. I wish it had worked because it gives a flawless finish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

I really like this powder, it looks very good on my oily skin... perfect for touch ups on the go! I don't use this with the sponge it comes with.... I find that if I use it with a velour puff it looks much better :) I bought this along with the Matt Silk Foundation, and so far they are giving the best results I have ever seen.... In the morning I use the Matt Silk Foundation with loose powder... and when I get a little shiny, I use blotting papers and this for touch ups! Too bad the color selection is really limited and it's a little ashy, otherwise this is definitely HG material