Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner

4.1

on 7/24/2013 12:31:00 AM

I am reviewing Silk Elements Leave In Conditioner that I recently purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply. There is no product on Makeup Alley that seems to exactly BE this item but because I am crazy about it I am determined to write a review. I am caucasian with extremely curly hair. Without product I have a ball of fuzz the likes of which you could not believe. For years I used rollers and blow dryers and hot irons to straighten and / or create wavy hair but now I believe I have found the best and EASIEST way to work with my curly hair and this product is an essential part of that.

First, you should know that I have purchased every product, both HE and LE, to try to get a "wearable" curl pattern for my hair. I have been impressed with very few of them. This inexpensive leave in conditioner has been the best product for me of any I can remember. I do have quite fine hair and as I have aged it has become more thin than it used to be. Therefore I don't want anything that weighs it down too much and straightening it, in my opinion, while fashionable, makes it look too thin.

When I get out of the shower I wrap a microfiber towel around my head with my hair still very wet. I do whatever moisturizing I am going to do to my body and face and then I pull the towel off and use a large tooth comb to detangle it. I then put in this conditioner, scrunching up the curl as I go. I use about two quarters' worth of the product. I then use some type of mouse or lightweight gel and scrunch it in.

Recently I saw a video that recommended lifting the hair up in certain places and clipping it to get root lifting. I do this in about three areas and then put a hair net ( YES, a hair net!) over my head. I thus proceed to sit under an over the head hair dryer to let it dry - which it does quickly (about 8 min)- but I think a diffuser with the netted hair would work fine.

When I take the net off and pull the clips out - voila! my hair has great spiral curls and no frizz at all! I often then pull it into an updo ( to get it off of my neck) but have also worn it down and loved it.

I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been to find a method that WORKS for my hair. I do know that everyone's curly hair is different but I would highly recommend that those of you with a similar hair type give this product and technique a try! It has literally changed my life!

on 4/14/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

My holy grail conditioner. There's a shampoo that goes with it and the pair really moisturize and make my hair silky soft and smelling good. Since I have been using this, I refuse to use any other brand. A must have for relaxed hair because it will keep your hair from being dry, which is something all relaxed heads suffer from.

on 7/15/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love the product! i mostly use Olive Oil products after I relax my hair, however my hair often feels dry afterwards :( but when I use Silk Elements my hair goes back to its great shine, light bounce, and silky smoothness. Even when I change products I can always go back and it fixes my hair quick and perfectly. I just hate the price and that I can only find it at Sally's!

on 1/28/2011 2:56:00 PM

I am relaxed, hair past APL and I use this in conjunction with the Shampoo. I started using it for about the past month and I absolutely love this product. After I shampoo, I apply this to my hair and ends and leave it on for about 5 minutes in the shower. When I rinse, my hair is so soft and detangled. The price is hard to beat at $6 for 32oz. This product makes my hair look like I went to the salon after I apply my leave in and flat iron. Love it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love Silk Elements, especially the Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I have thick, curly, coarse hair, and this does amazing wonders for me :-) It's been the only shampoo/conditioner mix that's kept my hair soft and smooth, without the frizzies!!

on 8/29/2009 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i dont know if this brand is more for ethnic hair becuase in a lot of their products, the picture is someone with ethnic hair, but i just have regular european hair i guess and this product worked horribly on me! me and my mom both used and and it made our hair feel not soft at all, more like rubber.

on 8/8/2009 5:53:00 PM

I purchased this based on the great reviews at Sallybeauty.com. This did not really work for my fine, dry hair. The first time I used it, my hair did feel silky soft and smooth. But repeated use created a buildup on my hair. Contains aloe vera gel, glycerin, b5, silk amino acids and dimethicone. Also contains mineral oil which I have never used in a hair care product before.