October 22, 2014 | 2003 users online

Treatments (Face) - MD Formulations - Benzoyl Peroxide 10

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was not any more moisturizing for me (one of its claims) than any other formula of benzoyl peroxide that I've used.

Additionally, it was not as good at stopping/clearing breakouts/clogged pores as my usual brand.

In the 30 years that I've used benzoyl peroxide nightly, I've tried a number of brands' benzoyl peroxide offerings and it's interesting how there can be so many differences in performance - you would think it would all basically do the same thing.
(Therefore, if one brand is only giving you so-so results, do try a few other brands before you decide that benzoyl peroxide does not work for you!)

For the last few years, I was really happy with PanOxyl Aquagel 10% benzoyl peroxide, but in late 2012 the manufacturer suddenly discontinued the entire PanOxyl product line.

Before I discovered PanOxyl, I was using Glytone Acne Gel 10% benzoyl peroxide, which was the second best benzoyl peroxide treatment I've ever found.

Update: I've tried several new-to-me brands in the course of 2012 and 2013, and none of them have been as good as Glytone, so I'll be going back to using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This is a really nice benzoyl peroxide product. it was a little bit too intense for my skin thought. I think I over-reacted to a little breakout that I had and purchased this. This burnt my skin a little bit so not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For years I went to the dermatologists to get a BP script for the summer months: clogged pores, underground swelling, etc., all because of my oil prone skin with the east coast humidity equals chronic problems, no matter the fact that I am no where near 20 something.

This product keeps those problems at bay, without visiting the dermatologist. I picked it up on eBay to save a few dollars. I got it from a reputable skin care seller, so it has a long shelf life. As far as the product, it is an oil gland workhorse without being overly drying. Hallelujah!! That last part is the most important, because I am over forty, and easily over dry, even if oily (you'll know when you get there).

I felt that this brand was the best deal, after comparing to other "10 percents" on the market, and I was not disappointed.

Effective. Cost efficient. And has been a G-d send this summer. Will gladly repurchase. Preferably on eBay, but would pay full price if necessary. Cheaper than the derm, for certain.

I took off one lippie for the container. Kinda pretty in a clinical way, but it can be difficult to get out as you use it. Shake, shake, shake, shake. They should have put it in in a tube, just like you get with a script.

If it isn't one thing, it's another . . .