September 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Tweak

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The blush I have been looking for my whole life!

I'm a trained makeup artist and have been taught to choose makeup shades after their skin undertone. As true as that is, often enough, I have realized that it's not the undertones alone that decide what colors suit you. My undertone is warm, but I'm very pale - my foundation should not be pink but yellow. Gold eyeshadow suits me quite well, but orange lipstick does not - cool pink lipstick suits me better. I don't like grey, but I love silver glitter eyeliner, I love cool teal lipstick, but I look horrible in blue eyeshadow... you see, you don't have to limit yourself to either warm or cool, you should experiment and don't rule out any shades!

Then it's blush. Three years ago, I bought the pink MAC blush Fleur Power. It didn't look very good on me, and then I bought the warm peachy MAC Peaches which looked much better. I thought it was because Peaches was much warmer, and then I stopped trying cool shades. Last year, I (for some reason I can't remember) got my hands on Illamasqua Tweak.

This is a matte hot pink, full on magenta. It's a very bold color and you should be careful when applying it. Use a stippling brush or a round sponge, patting it in place.

When used with a light hand, it looks wonderful on me (NC10 if that existed). It gives a very natural flush on me of course when used sparingly. I have also used this (heavier) on much darker skin tones like NC55 and it looked fabulous, it shows up beautifully. It's really a blush for everyone - hot pinks, hot reds and dark reds are suited for everyone - only used in different amounts.

(Btw if you have yearned for NARS Boys don't cry, a limited edition blush from the Pierre Hardy collection, this looks similar on when used on light skintones like mine, only the NARS blush is a bit warmer it looks really similar when on)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Liberty73

This blush is brilliant! After previously reviewing the blush negatively, I have to own up and amend my review! This gives a lovely hot pink pink, that when settled mellows into a pinky, warm, coral flush that is quite a unique colour. I am NW50 with very strong yellow undertones and this really is my HG blush. Most often I reach for this blush first- sorry Nars Exhibit A you are now second place! I love the smooth powdery, buttery texture of the blush and the long lasting pigmented quality. I would say this blush Gould work on all skin tones and complexions. I'm really excited about the brand and look forward to trying more great quality products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

i love this blush! the colour is a hot deep pink almost red. it is incredibly pigmented. a light tap of this gives the most beautiful rosy glow to the cheeks. it's completely matte, yet brightens and makes you radiate so prettily. it's an awesome cold weather blush. brown girls can achieve a pretty snow white glow with this. love tweak!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This blush is so pigmented it's a problem! I apply the tiniest amount and then buff, but I'm still left with a little more than I'd like. I love the color, though. It's bright in the pan but turns into a rather natural color when applied. I can see this looking truly amazing on darker skin tones, as well as lighter ones if applied carefully!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tweak is a dark, vibrant pink blusher that could actually last me forever as you only need the slightest touch. This blusher is deeply pigmented and gives a rich glow to your face. Using a light fan brush, I contour under my cheekbones and blend out with a setting powder.
I rated this 4 lippies purely because it can be a disaster if you apply slightly too much. It is a great blusher, but you need to be careful with it as although the powder is pressed, you get a lot on the brush with the lightest tap.

At 18, it is a bit pricey for a blusher but I can see this lasting years so I don't mind the price. Also, you're paying 18 for a blusher that I haven't seen a cheaper dupe of, it's a very unique colour.

The packaging is sturdy and sleek, I don't see it breaking if I accidentally drop it. Illamasqua packaging is always pretty but it is also well-made.

I would repurchase if I ever hit pan or lost it because this blusher has become a firm favourite in my daily make-up routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this blush! Very smooth pigment, applies evenly...which is hard to find with such a pigmented blush. A lot of blushes with this much pigment in a matte formula (Im talking about YOU NARS Exibit A) go on uneven and just dont look natural even with a light hand. Anyways, I like to apply this lightly with a MAC 187 brush. Goes on natural and gives that "just in from the cold" flush. I do this when I don't do alot of other makeup, because the cheeks are automatically the focus with this color. I could see this as a blush that looks good on pretty much every skintone, expect someone with super pink undertones, it would just make you look ruddy. This reminds me greatly on MAC's Bite of an Apple from V.V. collection, so if you missed out on that and are sad, try this! Staying power on this is wonderful, too. It wore evenly all day long. I can't wait to try other Illamasqua blushes, as this was my first. Def. worth the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by denns

This is the only Illamasqua blush that I own, and I have no idea why! Tweak is such a gorgeous, highly pigmented, smooth and blendable shade that I love wearing. It's a gorgeous watermelon pink color that gives an insane and naturally beautiful flush to my NW20-25 cheeks. Although the colors looks great on tanned skin in the summertime, it can be sheered out with a stippling brush to give the cheeks the perfect "just-came-in-from-the-cold" look in the winter. With this pigmentation, I'd imagine the color would be suitable for just about all skin tones. If you want a beautiful, classic blush from Illamasqua that's not too light, too dark or too orange, go with Tweak! You will not be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy pigmented!! I wanted to try another Illamasqua blush because the last one I bought was so pretty... just not for my skin color. This seems to be the same issue. The packaging, formula, finish and texture are gorgeous, but the color is a bit much for me. even with the lightest hand I can't make it look anywhere near natural. I'm going to try it a few more times, but I will probably end up swapping it too. =( I want to love these blushes on me. I will definitely buy more of them until I find my color. Unfortunately, my closest Sephora is like 30+ miles away so I really only shop there online =/.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my latest Illa purchase and I love it as insanely as my others. Panic is my be all end all favorite blush, this is coming up right under it. It gives that same "snow white" glow but with a slight hint of pink. As with all of their blushes they wear ALL day and blend like butter. All their brighter colors they can easily be over done on ghosts like myself, just lightly tap the brush into the product and work up from there if needed. This color makes me swoon. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by stillpeachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an exceedingly bright red/hot pink, as others have described. It's a bit much on my fair skin, but that only makes me love it more, as I'm not happy if I don't look slightly feverish. Also, I love that it's matte; my alter ego doesn't do shimmer. It's silky to the touch, blends beautifully, and very pigmented. This is how you do blush, makeup companies of the world!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No