October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Living Nature - Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Physeter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love all Living Nature products I've tried, and this is no exception. I find it removes all my makeup without any problems. I don't use waterproof mascara, so I can't say how it would go with that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

I usually compare all eye makeup removers to my beloved Maybelline one, because this is the only one that efficiently removes waterproof mascara for me :-) (This, however, is really hard to get and I haven't been able to find it out of Germany yet.)

PROS:
- It removes eyeshadow, eyeliner and NON-waterproof mascara easily and efficiently. No rubbing required.
- It is gentle, doesn't sting, doesn't irritate my skin.
- It only contains natural ingredients.
- I like the Living Nature packaging because it doesn't take up a lot of space in my bathroom. Also, you can see how much product is left.

CONS:
- The smell is not the nicest, but it doesn't linger. Doesn't bother me personally.
- Doesn't remove waterproof mascara.
- The price is quite steep (I paid about 16 for 100ml).

VERDICT:
- I use this every day to remove my eyemakeup. I use a NON-waterproof mascar at the moment and it works fine. I do, however, prefer waterproof mascara, which is why I will switch back to my beloved Maybelline when I start using a waterproof one again. I will use this up but won't repurchase.

P.S.:
I've changed the ingredients. Someone must have confused this with the Gentle Makeup Remover. They are two separate products by the same brand. Maybe that's why some people found it irritating to their eyes?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Oliga

I have very sensitive eyes but I have been perfectly fine with this make up remover. It removes all my mascara efficiently.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive eyes and have had great success with the Living Nature Conditioning mascara so I thought I'd try their Eye Makeup Remover. I'd been avoiding it for a while as its NZ $29.95 for a tiny bottle, but its claims of being "suitable for sensitive skin" encouraged me to try.

Firstly, its watery formula doesn't work well. I actually had to apply it twice to remove light day time eye makeup.

Secondly, this "sensitive" product irrritated my eyelids!! The culprit I think is the fragrance in it which is totally un-necessary for an eye makeup remover that is designed to leave traces on the skin (as it doesnt' get rinsed off). Now you might say, oh it was fine for me or my friend or that person. But NO. This product contains 2 well known skin irritants. I checked the ingredients list and they have actually added Linalool and Citronellol to this "sensitive" eye product!! They are cheap fragrance material they add to industrial and household cleaners. I doesn't matter if Linalool or Citronellol are natural or not, these 2 scent ingredients are well KNOWN skin sensitisers that can cause skin irritation - even in previously healthy normal skin. They are also linked to toxicity and cancer in studies. Just google it. Linalool is an allergen that can cause eczema. Research indicates that 5-7% of the population is allergic to it. Both Linalool and Citranellol are not recommend for use in skin products at all and and are certainly NOT ok for use in products marketed to sensitive skin. Its a shame Living Nature doesn't know its the facts about its own products.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is really bad. First of all it doesn't work, it appears that it is only designed to be used on Living Natures Eye Makeup products. It smelt incredibly bad - I thought it was out of date but apparently not, judging by the used by on the bottom. And it was way overpriced for such a woeful product. I don't mind paying up to AU$10.00 for something which might turn out to be utter crap, but AU$35.00 is a bit rich for me.

Take my advice and leave this one on the shelf...