October 31, 2014 | 895 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Emerald Smokes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkGurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eyeshadow. Im not sure about the pigments and such because I use urban decay primer under this. I love how its not to dark but just the right amount of green. I have hazel eyes and it compliments them quit well! And did i mention how EASY it is. so simply the only thing i actually used a brush for was the crease! other than that i used the sponge applicator that came with the product. Love this. Will buy more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this, but I don't love it. I use it maybe once a month and I have had it since it came out. The color payoff is decent. The white shade is a little too icy for me so I don't use that. The green shades have decent payoff. The black is a really good DS black. I use the black much more often than the other colors and I am not close to hitting pan. For a budget green smoky look, I recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This wathe FIRST eyeshadow quad that I ever completely used up and repurchased! In 2006 I moved in w/my b/f (the man who is now my DH ;D) &This was the only e/s I had for several weeks in my m/u bag so used it daily & found many creative ways to wear it :)
I've since repurchased it once & am still working on my 2nd one. I own (approx-ish) 50-60 eyeshadows, ranging from $1 dollar store e/s up to $40 department store shadows.Completely using one up then repurchasing it is kind of a big deal for me ;)
&Maybelline's shadows are always very hit or miss for me,but this is a definate hit. Dugstore e/s quads seem "mismatched" sometimes but in my opinion, all of these shades compliment eachother nicely, & you can *truely* use all of the colors the way they're labeled (these are labeled, "lid, crease, outer, brow")
Are these as pigmented as Wet 'n Wild? NO. But IME ther aren't any ds eyeshadows (that I've tried) that compare to the pigmentation of WnW.. If you want to wear these *heavily* they do require a heavy hand OR a little water on your brush/applicator to get that effect. Without, they're very natural looking.
All of the shades have a slight bit of shimmer to them when looking at them in the pan, but they don't go on quite as shimmery/glittery -much more natural once applied. It includes a taupe-ish shade that's labeled as "lid" (when I look at it I see a warmer version of WnW Nutty), then the "crease" shade's an emerald color, the"browbone" shade that is an off-white, and "outer"corner shade that is a soft black.
I find this quad to be very flattering on me whether I apply it the way it "says" (using the lid shade as a lid shade, crease shade as a crease shade, so on/so fourth..) but I also think it's very flattering mixed/matched with other eyeshadows :)
For reference I'm 30yrs old with fair, warm toned skin (if I wore MAC fndtns, I'd be between NC10-15,&I wear Buff in Revlon ColorStay) I also have dark brown eyes & hair.
I give this 4 lippies out of 5 simply because of the pigmentation -these are all such lovely shades, very complimenting & flattering together or separately, but as I said above, if you want a bolder look w/this quad, you need a heavy hand or to dampen your applicator -other than that, no major gripes.. The packaging isn't the most sturdy (I had another of the "stylish smokes" quads where the lid popped off & broke immediately after purchasing.. but that's not a HUGE deal for me when products perform well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by SmartCookie1035

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The quality of these shadows surprised me after trying Maybelline's awful and massively under-pigmented Expert Wear Eyeshadow Trios. The same problem persists here, but not quite to the extent as the other product. I kind of bought this quad on a whim; normally I wouldn't dream of wearing green shadow. However, the finished look when using all four of these shadows is quite nice, if not as dramatic as the products' color in the pans might suggest. This is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I rather like it because it means I can wear this look during the daytime without it being too intense or overwhelming. Others might find it dishonest or cheap. It's really up to you. For the price, these are not awful shadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Once again Maybelline fails to deliver. I bought this palette expecting good pigmentation, however it takes several swipes to get even coverage let alone color build up. Not blendable and definitely not worth buying. B/c of these quads I won't be purchasing any more Maybelline.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

The colors look great in the case, and I had high hopes for pigmentation. I was really after the olive and gold/olive shades in the package; the cream colored and dark bronze liner were bonuses. Usually there are only one or two good colors in quads and you don't use the other two.

Using this with Urban Decay PP, the shadows lasted long. I have not been wearing much makeup this summer so maybe that is why the frost in the shadows seem so apparent to me. There is a lot of shine and the colors apply more light in color than in the package. I wanted the green to be a dupe for MAC Humid but it isn't as dark or deep, but it is still a nice color.

But for $5/4 shadows, you get a good variety that you can mix up, and the liner works well with a wet brush. Not as well as NARS Nightclubbing, but good for daytime looks.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by asd1random

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The lid color and the black color suck. the other two are workable but they still pretty much suck, only a little less. Don't buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a beautiful quad! I have hazel eyes and these colors are awesome when I want a dramatic smoky eye that is not black or my usual browns. It definitely creates a sexy going out look. I do recommend applying the colors with the sponge applicators first (as they deposit the colors better and with less fall out) and then going in with brushes afterwards to blend or to add more definition. This quad would look awesome on brown eyes as well. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this quad! I used to steer clear from Maybelline due to the mediocre performance&quality of the product.The shadows are easy to blend and the color payoff is pretty good,but you might want to go a bit heavier on the crease color.

I will definitely be wearing this quad quite often -especially in front of the cute guy I like.hehe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is one of the best Maybelline quads for my dark brown eyes. The darker greens really bring out their color, more than the Natural Smokes quad. I find using the sponge tip or using them wet is the best way to apply this.