November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by skylalavigne

love this! i don't use the liner shade, just because i like to use my liquid eyeliner. but they are all pigmented and long-wearing. doesnt crease even without a primer on my normal eyelids. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

This is pretty good but definitely not the best. I bought some cheap eyeshadows from wet n wild, and morphe brushes eyeshadows, and they are sooo buttery, and pigmented! This has pretty decent pigmentation, but it doesn't have that buttery texture I would like in an eyeshadow. I have this problem with all of maybelline's powder eyeshadows, but it might be just me cuz I have a thing for butteriness in eyeshadows:P the colours are okay, so I have it 4/5 since 3 is too harsh LOL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I love this quad. I suck at smokey eyes but this makes it easy AND natural looking and not batshit crazy looking! Not the softest most pigmented shadows ever but that is good since I am heavy handed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by MadHungarian

This quad is one of the reasons I love Maybelline so much. Yes, I do put on another layer than if I was using Urban Decay, but I find it's payoff comparable to Clinique or better. The colors are classic and can be worn smoky or simple. I've really pretty much transitioned from H.E. to Maybelline because of products like this. For the record, I have dark brown eyes and I use dark brown liner with this. I brush the liner shade from the quad over my pencil liner and it stays on all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a sucker for a really good ad in a magazine and lately Maybelline has some really rockin ads for their eye shadow quads. I picked up "Natural Smokes" and "Chai Latte." I used an eye shadow primer (Lorac). The good: these quads have some of the most beautiful color combinations ever and they are dirt cheap. The bad: color payoff..requires patience. I had to keep dipping my brush and applying to get the degree of color I wanted. If you're on a budget, these aren't bad. If you can afford Urban Decay or MAC, resist the temptation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupmaryxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I'll be totally honest- when it comes to eye shadows I'm a tiny bit of a makeup snob (not that I'm proud of that) but it's literally only when it comes to eye shadows. I always feel like if I'm going to buy an eye shadow, I'm okay with spending a little more if it means great pigmentation and staying power... But I digress.... I bought this quad because it was on clearance for like $3 or something ridiculous like that at Walmart, so I figured if it sucked I wouldn't cry over my $3. To my surprise, this is an awesome product. The colours are pigmented very nicely, rich, they blend great, and make a smokey eye fool proof. The liner colour is my favourite, I like to even use it in my crease for an extra dramatic look. I followed their directions just to see if it would turn out nice and it actually did! Oh how I wish I had this back when I was learning how to do a nice smokey eye! It's wonderful for beginners! I don't think it's a lot of money even at regular price, so you should definitely try this one out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't bought Maybelline eyeshadows in years. I wore them in my teen years because that's all I could afford then and I hadn't ventured into the world of high end brands.
I took advantage of a promotion and decided to get this quad set based on the reviews here and I'm glad I did.
I think Maybelline has stepped up its game and I love the look of these eyeshadows. The texture isn't quite up there with MAC, UD or the other brands known for the dense pigment but it's reasonable. Having said that, a good eye primer is necessary for these shadows to last the day. Otherwise they may end up looking slightly powdery. (hence the four lippies)

The Natural Smokes quad is just that; a naturally smokey eye look that's perfect for the day. Of course you can always add more for a night look.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by these shadows. Now if Maybelline could improve their mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this for awhile and it is such a great kit. I do wish that they had kept all the colors the same size and the most used shades in this are tiny....so silly. But anyhow, this is such a great neutral palette but instead of using the taupe lid shade in this I use the Maybelline single in tastefully taupe which is very pigmented and fabulous! The taupe included in the palette isn't super pigmented but does work in a pinch if you use a few coats. When I run out of this I will rebuy for it's one of my most used items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I use this quad every time I wear makeup because the darkest shade is perfect for my eyebrows! The lightest shade is great for all over the lids for minimal makeup & I use the darker shades if I want a smokey eye. I think they've re packaged it since I bought mine, but it's a great natural smokey palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this quad, I absolutley love the lid color. I've HEARD its a dupe for satin taupe from Mac. It's a gorgeous color. Anyways, when used properly it creates a beautiful smokey eye. Doesn't crease throughout the day when i put it over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk.LOVE LOVE LOVE