August 29, 2014 | 1726 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Black

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that it's 100% matte finish. I don't like eyeliners that have glitter or shine, even if it's just a teenie little bit.

I use the Mac 212 Flat Definer brush to tightline as well as apply this as eyeliner (by gently stamping with the brush). I love that the Aqua Black isn't messy after so many "presses" -the product stays new also because the pot is airtight. However the brush cannot be reused again until washed... so my lazyass sometimes skips the eyeliner because my brush is not washed.

It's not 100% smudgeproof but my eyes tend to smudge everything anyways. I've come to live with mascara and liner appear on bottom of my eyes by hour 5, then it goes chaos from there (because the subsequent smudge happens in 1 hour, then I'd clean it, the next smudge happens again 1 hour later..). With Aqua Black, it didn't smudge until hour 8, which is awesome! After cleaning the smudged eyebottom, this liner didn't smudge anymore until 2.5 hours later. Compared to other products I've used, this is amazing lol.

The pot comes with a plastic cap that seals it airtight and saving it from drying out. This is tooootally awesome, worth the money for an amazing package!

I loooooove it! My favourite liner right now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by subwaystitches

On my quest to locate a truly waterproof & smudge proof gel or cream liner, I purchased this. It applied evenly enough, but it isn't smudge proof. Like I experienced with MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack, by the afternoon I had smudges around and under my eyes from laughing hard with my eyes tightly closed.

I tried it with and without a primer and with and without setting powder - nothing improved the long-wearing/smudgeproof aspect of this liner, so back to Sephora it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been in the make up industry for three years, I'm mainly doing media work, I had use aqua black for fake tattoo on pole dance performancer's arm and the back and chest on concert dancers, this thing is truly waterproof, other popularly ones like mac, actually doesn't admit their liner as waterproof on the box or on the product itself, why would someone still trust they are waterproof?! If you want a good long lasting gel liner, go get this one, it has double grams amount compare to other high end brands

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by tmchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is review of this product on my lower waterline only, not upper lid...
While killing time at the mall, I went into Sephora, completely open to any suggestions they would have for a new waterproof gel liner for my waterline. My eyes tend to water when my allergies act up, and I use eyedrops throughout the day. I previously tried Tarte's gel pencil as I liked the idea of the ease and speed of application but since it's water-based (i think?) it stayed for all of 5 seconds before bleeding into my eye. I told them about this and their suggestion was this. Didn't even bother to notice that it's marketed as shadow, just trusted their recommendation.

My eyeballs hated me for this decision for the next few months till I had time to go and buy a new liner. Little clumpy upon application but I could deal with it. The problem was that throughout the day, tiny little specks would detach and migrate into my eye causing a foreign body sensation all day unless I had time to search and remove it (you could also see these missing spots on the lid if you looked close enough). Tried layering it over a waterproof pencil, didn't help...setting it w/powder, didn't help. In all fairness though, it didn't smudge, but any waterproof liner other than pencils don't smudge for me so....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by TeriNK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Its the best I've ever tried. Most others iritate my eyes. But not this one. Its perfection. Its super black. It LASTS! Easy to use. Packaged in plastic which I prefer over glass packaging. Lasts longer in the plastic packaging. Kudos to MUFE for an awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kimberlycarmen

This eyeliner is amazing. It doesn't smear, and it lasts forever. I love it. I got some from a discount beauty wholesale site, and the product was "dryer" than normal, but it works great with a flat eyeliner brush. I don't use it as a shade, I imagine the dr ying would greatly affect the ability to smooth it out, but as a liner, doesn't matter. This stuff lasts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Edel2013

I got this in Sephora for 25, not cheap. I love the packaging and the inner lid helps to keep it from drying out. The pigmentation is great. I use it as an eyeliner and it really is jet black. However I have noticed that it does transfer on to the top of my eye as the day progresses. For example, I applied this product at 9 am yesterday and by 6 pm it had transferred. I should mention that I do have quite oily lids and watery eyes which makes it difficult for any liner to say put. However my Benefit liquid liner never moves and I really wasn't expecting this one to do that. This is the only issue I have had with it so far. Other than that I love this product. However if this continues I will have to go back to Benefit.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

PRICE: $22 for a large plastic pot seems like a good deal considering a tiny Maybelline gel liner is already $10

REVIEW: it claims to be waterproof and on that end, yes it did not come off with just water in the shower. Is it smudge proof? Not in my case. I used it several times to tight line my top lashes when I had no eyeliner, mascara, or shadow under my eyes. In less than an hour, the product from my tight lining will have smudged to my bottom lids...

Smudging of tight lining may not be a concern of those who do top and bottom but since I only do the top, I will not be using this product again as a tight liner.

Conclusion: It holds really well after a evening of clubbing and sweating when used for large smokey eyes or extreme eyelinering (top and bottom), SO I would recommend it to those who need a black base.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

This one of my favorite gel liner. I love that it is waterproof and it really does stay all day. I also find that it is not hard at all to remove given that you use eye makeup remover.

This is a true black liner. I'm an NC 44 and this shows super black on my skin. I also love the fact that I don't have to pack on the product to get the color I want. The price is not too bad and it's pretty comparable to other gel liners. This will probably last me for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lasts forever never fades