December 20, 2014 | 1657 users online

Powder - Purely Cosmetics - Skin Smoothing Foundation in Fair Maiden

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by knicks

This is my HG mineral foundation. I use the shade ' Cornsilk' which matches my skintone perfectly. On days that I'm in a rush, 30 secs is all it takes to even out my skin and sometimes a little concealer. I will definitely repurchase and recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by endtransmission

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My favorite foundation! It looks so natural and fits my complexion perfectly. I ordered this foundation after my skin started having very bad reactions to various face products. This foundation doesn't irritate and I love knowing that there's only nine ingredients in the whole thing.

The only problem I have is that I can't wear this foundation in the winter because my skin is just way to dry and the powder just kind of highlights that. I've yet to find my HG winter foundation :(

But seriously, get this foundation. It's so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MissSaucy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered 3 samples of the pure mineral foundations in, [Cornsilk, Maria, and Olive Beige] and I also ordered samples of the [Oil Absorb powder, Silk & Pearl Primer, and the Diamond perfect Powder]….along with the Mini Kabuki Brush.* It was a bit pricy….with shipping + tax it came to about 40$, ~BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!! ~ LoVe LoVe LoVe this Foundation >.< * ~First off I have very oily-combination skin, so I’m prone to break outs….yup...Bummer =/…and I have really strong yellow undertones. I’m in between shades in {Cornsilk and Maria}.

This foundation feels really light, it almost feels like you have nothing on your face
*Doesn’t look artificial*
*Blends really well into skin*
*Very Natural looking*
*Doesn't break me out*
*Surprisingly Great Coverage*
I was impressed on how well it covered my Blemishes

*All the powders are soft and silky
*The Oil Absorbing Powder is 'MY FAVORITE!!!',....It does a wonderful job keeping my face matte and less shiny*
*The Primer is ok*.....
*The Diamond Perfect Powder is ok also....~if your not fair skinned and more on the tan side then you could end up looking a little washed out, its best to mix in with your foundation.*…
*And the miniature Kabuki brush is super cute and super soft….

~~The only negative thing I can say is their color selection is limited, I think [Cornsilk] is their darkest and that’s my shade in the summer and I’m not even that dark lol….I wish they could expand their shades for people of darker skin….~I strongly recommend this to any one that has Acne Prone problem skin..... ~I Truly LoVe this line, I well never wear anything else!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by ilovehottsauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

REVIEW: Purely Cosmetics Pure Mineral Foundation Powder

I love this stuff. I've recently started to go natural with my skincare and makeup products and this has definitely converted me from using liquid to mineral foundation. I've been searching for mineral makeup and compared to EDM it's a little bit more pricey but the quality of this stuff is great! I have super oily skin and it helps me manage my oil control a little bit better and longer than if I was to use my liquid foundation. I like to have medium to full coverage and this stuff does the job for me.

Daily routine:
Silk and Pearl Powder Primer - this stuff shrinks my pores and helps mask my redness a little
Oil absorb- absorbs all of my oiliness
Mineral Foundation Powder- I'm NC25 and Maria is the perrrfectt yellow tone color for me
Diamond Perfect Finish- Makes my skin glow and SOO SMOOTH LIKE A BABY's BUTT!

So there you go. 4 Layers of this stuff alone and my boyfriend thought I wasn't wearing makeup when I went to go visit him. Oh this is pure bliss. Can't get any better. I'm hoping this becomes my HG!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 12/03/09::
So its winter, and after using this for a little while I realized that this stuff gives a powdery look... It might be because I developed a stronger hand while applying or because I pick up more product after receiving the full sized containers... anyways I would have to say this will be better suited for me in spring/summer. It just doesn't do it for me in winter. Although I do have oily skin and mineral m/u is supposed to be great for it, (all) mineral makeup ends up shifting and sliding around my face by the end of the day :[

I still love the products. ALL of it. But I can't stand doing touch-ups on my face every 2-3 hours throughout the day because of my oily skin. Liquid foundation saved me more hassle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by stacymonique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not use the skin smoothing version, just the pure mineral foundation, but i can say that I love it! I had used Bare Minerals for many years and had switched to Lancome's Minerale powder foundation which was infinitely better than the BE, but i was starting to worry about all the chemicals in it. So, after some extensive searching I found this stuff which is just minerals, no fillers or synthetic minerals or additives or irritants. As if tat is not awesome enough, it is also cheap! I was paying $45 for my Lancome, this is $18!!! A better product that costs less than half!!! I admit that i was a little skeptical about buying makeup that looks like it was made and sold out of someone's garage, but just because it is not a big-name product doesn't mean that it is not superior. What impressed me just as much as the makeup was the quick shipping...I had my order within 3 days shipping was free with a $60 order. I got a starter kit and was impressed with some of the other products as well...most specifically the synthetic flat top kabuki brush which is the softest most luxurious brush i have ever used and was only $20! The Diamond finishing powder was also nice...I use it as a primer. The only negative comment i would have about the line is that the containers that the foundation comes in are a little messy...too many holes in the top makes it hard not to make a mess. My Lancome powder had holes only on half and you could twist to close off the holes completely so that the powder didn't leak out into the top when you carried it in your makeup bag. I just kept the containers from that makeup and transfer the new stuff into them to make it easier and cleaner. It is a small inconvenience for such great makeup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It really does make my skin look silky smooth and flawless. It has jojoba, which smooths the skin, silica to blur any flaws, and silk to help hydrate the skin while absorbing any excess oils. While it's not a perfect match to my skintone (it's too dark for my taste), it's still a pretty good full coverage mineral foundation.