October 1, 2014 | 999 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Bronze Booster Pressed Bronzer - Med to Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

My skin: Combination, clog-prone and sensitive to many fragrance ingredients. Warm, golden yellow and olive undertones.

Shade: I have this in Medium-Dark (obviously!) and am about NC40ish (or MatchMaster in 5.0, Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation in #5 Bamboo, MUFE HD in #153 Golden Honey, CG Ready, Set, Gorgeous in #305). I use this all over my face to either set tinted moisturiser, for a soft looking contour, or just on its own for sheer coverage. It is buildable, so you can intensify the colour to suit your needs.

Bronzers are something I have always struggled with on my own skin. Either they are too glittery, ultra-matte and muddy looking, are too orange/pink or warm, smell bad, don't show up on my skin at all or are too pigmented and look like dirt. The PF's is just PERFECT. It's just a tiny bit darker than my own skin, so if I use a BB cream/TM/foundation that's a bit too light or off - a very fine dusting of this bronzer all over brings back life to my face. If I want to bring out my cheekbones, I apply some more as contour. I also use this to define my nearly non-existent crease, it blends into skin like butter and looks so natural. When I don't want to wear much make-up, I just dust this all over my face with a large fluffy brush (MAC 167, a white goat hair "face blending brush" that just applies powders beautifully) to keep oilies at bay and it just allows my skin to show through yet look more even and healthy (I have good skin with minimal need for coverage, but this does thankfully cover up some minor redness around my nose that I hate).

The finish is not 100% matte - it does have the teensiest bit of sheen, but this is barely noticeable even in sunlight.

I can't recommend this bronzer highly enough - it's so easy to blend, never looks patchy, lasts all day (I never touch this up, not even once during a 12-hr shift at work), is affordable and you get a lot (the compact lasts me about 9ish months or so). The shade is very natural and would likely suit the majority of skin tones. The only con I can think of is the brush it comes with sucks - but show me a compact brush that is truly beyond amazing? Yeah, exactly. So I won't take off points for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an expensive product compared to other drugstore products but it is worth every penny. So after using about 10 containers of NYC Sunkissed bronzers, I was getting sick of the shade so I went on a big hunt for bronzers. I tried a bunch of PF bronzers but none was as good as this one. If you read the reviews here, there are raves from light or darker shades of skin color. This itself is impressive. The product spreads well and creates a believable tan. It does not come out patchy, uneven and unnatural for sure. It is not orange, which is a huge plus. I am NC30. I have worn this with or without foundation. No matter how it is worn, it is great and highly recommended!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

PF never ceases to amaze me with their bronzer selections. This one is no exception. I self-tan in the Spring months, so I go from an NC20 to NC35 overnight. While I could still use my NARS Laguna bronzer, I feel it's just a bit too subtle for me when I'm darker, so I decided to pick up something affordable in the meantime.

The color is deep enough to provide the definition/contour I'm looking for without being too dark. The product is flawless to blend out and never powdery. The packaging is very nice for a DS product and the amount of product you get is great for the price.

As a side note, Rite Aid was having a BOGOF deal on PF bronzers, and in addition to two $5.00 coupons, I got this and another new PF bronzer for a whopping $5.00!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

This is a great bronzer. I use this almost daily. Its a good color for my light skin. Not too orange but shows up with just the right amount of color. It does have shimmer but its not very noticable. If you apply too much it may look unnatural so use a light hand. It is expensive for a ds product but if you get it on sale you can get it for about $8. The lasting power is decent but I wouldn't say this is long wearing. It lasts about 6-8 hours over my foundation, which most bronzers do. I have already repurchased. This lasts me about 8 months-1 yr with almost daily use and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is a nice bronzer! However, it isn't perfect.
PROS:
1. Color tone. It is a very natural bronze hue. So many bronzers out there are straight up orange. This is a very pretty color.
2. Finish. It gives an amazing air brushed like finish. The gold shimmer is very fine and subtle. It blurs out any skin imperfections.
3. Packaging. Beautiful packaging! I love the heavy brown and gold compact. It does come with a small travel brush in the bottom compartment.
CONS:
1. Color depth. I'm medium olive and this shade in Med to Dark was too light for me. I had to apply multiple layers to achieve any pigment.
2. Skin Irritation. I got small bumps all over my skin at initial contact of this bronzer. I'm moderately reactive and this does contain a lot of natural ingredients but for me, most natural extracts in a ingredient list irriate my skin.
3. Applicator. The brush included is crap quality and useless.
4. Cost. I found the quality of this bronzer doesn't justify the $16 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by cmihael

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this bronzer! Perfect medium tan color and amount of shimmer in it. Use this to blend on my neck and dust lightly all over my face. Pricey for drugstore, but so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

Lovee. I'm pretty light skinned, and bought the light to medium shade which I like because it isn't too much darker than my skin so it doesn't look fake. However, it is dark enough to give me a beautiful bronze glow. So natural and gorgeous. I suggest the lighter one if you want a more natural glow and the darker one if you like the look of a darker, more obvious glow (or if you have darker skin obviously). Also the packaging is so cute. Looks high end but is a great price. Love.
Update: I've been using this now for a couple days and WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! Such a beautiful finish.. I use this (light/medium shade) as an all over bronzer, in place of powder. It looks soo pretty. It's not orange and has the right amount of shimmer. I'm obsessed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definite favorite drugstor bronzer. Love the pigmentation, how it never makes me orange, it's great for contouring as well, easily blendable. There is some tiny gold microshimmer flecks if you look closely, but I don't even notice them once applied. I reach for this over my Nars and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil most of the time because it's great for everyday. Just adds some great warmth and I will purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Against my NC45 skintone this looks absolutely beautiful. The shimmer doesn't come off as a ashy metallic like some bronzers with shimmer do. This actually warms up my face quite nicely. I pair this up with my Bobbi Brown Matte bronzer in deep and it gives me a nice warm glow without looking like an orange disco ball. Even though we're heading into fall I will still pull out this gem. Love it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is simply put the best. It sat in my makeup bag for awhile then I rediscovered it. Easy to work with- on my "no makeup, beach makeup" days, some concealer, mascara, this over my cheeks and temples with a powder brush--VOILA. Warms up my whole face. I am NC20 and the Medium Dark i fine for everyday use. Love.