September 17, 2014 | 1295 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Costa Rica Fragrance Mist

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

This smells like watermelon in a bottle! I'm still on the fence about this scent...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cute bottle, and a fun, pleasant watermelon smell. The fragrance did not last long at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I couldn't resist this-bottle looked so cute, notes sounded yummy and I'm a sucker for anything that smells like watermelon. Bought it unsniffed and actually was pleasantly surprised. This is indeed a tropical fragrance-notes listed are watermelon, pink guava, orchid and sand accord. There is wondeful smell of fresh watermelon in the initial burst, which unfortunately fades away in a few minutes. Then guava and orchid take over. You can still smell watermelon but only a hint. It develops into tropical fruity floral with a hint of musk(even though there is no musk listed). Best part-it doesn't smell like any fruity fragrance that's out currently. To my nose, its quite distinctive and I like that. I just wish it lasted longer but this is body mist so I don't expect longer wear. I can get about an hour of wear and then I have to reapply. I've gotten several compliments from other women and when I told them it was from Avon, they seemed shocked. Sheesh, ladies, no need to act like Avon is beneath you. I'm not a fragrance snob, I just wear what smells good to me and this is fruity and delicious!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Tried a sample of this b/c I love tropical type scents. It is fairly inexpensive and I was hoping it would be a lovely summer fragrance for me. Also, the bottle is cute.

Unfortunately, "Costa Rica" smells like watermelon with a very slight musk and does not have much real depth. Additionally, the watermelon scent quickly fades into a musky floral. Will not be purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by julidan0203

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, not offensive and doesn't last long on your skin. Perfect for lazy days or running errands Just a nice summery scent. Will buy it again if necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Asani74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently got this perfume.
The scent is very summery - it does smell like a big juicy slice of watermelon. I think that is what attracted me to this scent. I love watermelon so I thought this would be perfect for the summer.

The only drawback to this perfume is that it does not last very long, the scent slowly fades away. When you apply it the scent is very strong but then it slowly starts to fade.

I am thinking if I were to purchase the Costa Rica body scrub and afterwards apply the perfume.. it will have lasting power.

But like someone mentioned - the bottle is cute. Again very summery. I know I will be wearing this scent during the summer months. :o)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when I heard about this new fragrance in the Instant Vacation series. I loved the one from last year and this one sounded even better, but I don't love it nearly as much as I thought I would.

Here is the description from their website~
Indulge in this ripe, ravishing fragrance inspired by Costa Rica. Juicy iced watermelon and pink guava provide a succulent introduction while notes of Costa Rican orchid and warm sand accord create the ultimate adventure.

My take on it~
I was really hoping the Iced Watermelon & Pink Guava would be the notes carrying this scent. That is what drew me in to buy this fragrance, but sadly those notes only last about 2 seconds, if that. But that 2 seconds is wonderful, there is a wonderful note of fresh juicy watermelon that literally takes you by surprise at how real it smells. Then sadly, the fragrance is taken over by Orchid. I can barely detect anything else but the Orchid within about 30 seconds. If I try really hard, I can smell a melon-ish note somewhere in the background, but it is faint at best.

All that said, this is a pretty fragrance. Just not what I had expected after reading 'watermelon and guava' at the start of the description. If you like springtime floral scents, I think you will love this, though. I can see it being rather bothersome as far as bees attacking you in the summer, though LOL I seriously thought that as I put it this on today; I am destined to be a bees brunch LOL:) It is just very heavy on the orchid. If you like Orchids, this is your fragrance ♥ I'm on the search for a wonderful fresh watermelon, so if anyone knows of one, please PM me:) I'm giving this a 4 because though it wasn't what I was looking for, it is a pretty scent and that counts, too:)

Other things to note~This comes in a 1.6 oz bottle. It is fairly tall and thin, pink in color with a lime green cap. The bottle is very pretty:) Picture is included if you click on 'Continued'. It is set to release in May as far as I know, but it can be bought at other places online right now for about $10 to $12.

continued >>