October 2, 2014 | 1734 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Coffret D'or Trance Deep Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by karenclementine123

Khaki Green (03)-this palette come out at 2008 but i think this product is great, i got it early 2010, because i saw so many good review on it, the light green colour is so flattering to my warm NW25 skintone, but the deep colour can look dirty , even i try my best to blend it nicely , i usually use thehighlight col to brighten my upper eye , lightest green slighly above the eye lid and the whole eyelid ,the taupe in the palette at my middle lashline , and skip the deep greep replace it with the black eyeliner in other brand

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MapleBlossom2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful package and great quality, but this is a glittery mess on me. I was brainwashed by the ads and bought a Coffret D'or blush (beautiful!) and this eyeshadow in 05 Beige Variation. It contains an ivory shimmer highlighter, a beige shimmery lid color, a dark shimmery brown liner color, and a super-glittery peach color for highlighting the inner corner, and two sponge/brush applicators. I love that there is a diagram showing how to apply it, and a huge mirror. If these were more matte, I would use this every day, but the glitter is too much. I do love the highlighter color and use it on my cheekbone with the larger of the included brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

Coffret d'or is not my favorite, because I always love Kate glacier Eyes, at cheaper price with great color selection. However, I got green one for Coffret d'or yet the color is amazing! I have dark brown eyes and to bring out the color, deep ink green is prefered. I used Mac ones before but it is easily used up. This palette is just a party doer for me. With quick swift of color, I am ready to go to the dancing floor. However, jp palette always has lots of shimmer in it, if you prefer completely matte finish, this is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 4:08:00 AM More reviews by chakalakakhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely palette! I have the green variation and it is so easy to use because it comes with directions and the formula is easy to blend. It is also the most shimmery eyeshadows I own. The green is very neutral and flattering. Love Coffret D'or!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by mango65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Kanebo is discontinuing this palette soon, as they've released palettes for Spring & Summer.

I have this in 03 Khaki Green. Trance Deep eyes were released for fall / winter 2008. Right now I have mixed feelings towards my TD eyes palettes. The colours are, on the whole, well-coordinated and go very well with one another. Used together, they give a shimmery & natural effect, especially pretty under artificial lighting.

However, I prefer my 3D lighting eyes to this palette. Firstly, the spring palettes created a more convincing three dimensional effect. The two shades on the left of my TD palette were too similar to create any visible 3D effect. Secondly, 3D palettes' colours were less metallic / cleaner compared to TD. If applied too thick, TD eyes may leave a dirty & muddy trail on the eyes, with no visible differentiation between one colour and the next. Thirdly, the eyeliner shades in 3D palettes were more versatile and colourful. The moss green eyeliner shade in my TD palette showed up as a light dirty gray on the skin, it doesn't hold up very well as a liner, especially not against the khaki green shadow! I had to use it together with my Maquillage gel liner.

Overall, this is still a palette worth getting. Texture of powder is fine and smooth, blending is easy and the packaging is super cute! It's a great deal, for 3650yen (US$36) you get two brushes and four colours. I wouldn't but it again, only because I have too many palettes from Kanebo again. Otherwise, I might get it in 01 Pink Tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have two of this. One in Khaki Green (03) and Gray Tones (04). I fell in-love w/ the Khaki Green because 1st, green is my favorite color, and 2nd, this is a lovely warm green that looks lovely on my eyes. At first I'm not very sure that green would look good on me, so I usually stick w/ browns, golds and violets, but the base color (A) and the highlight color (d) gave this e/s a very warm tone that compliments my olive skin.

The overall effect is sparkly, and one has to use the (D) shade sparingly to avoid looking overly sparkly and shimmery for a day time look. For a night out, you can smudge the (c) color further and add the highlighter (d) shade for a more dramatic effect.

The texture of the palette is even more softer than its predecessor (3D lighting eyes) and its very easy to blend. The case comes w/ 2 applicators (both w/ double ended sponge and brush) that's easy to use. The back of the packaging gives an instruction on how to apply and get the desired look for the palette.

This is one of my favorite e/s of Coffret D'or and I actually bought extras because Kanebo is phasing this out because they will already roll out a new e/s palette this June.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Jeanxi

I love this palette! A friend got me this eyeshadow quad from Malaysia in 04 Gray Variation, which consists of a white, silver, lavender, and dark gray. All of the colors are shimmery and the silver has the most shimmer out of the four (the rest have about the same amount of shimmer). The eyeshadows and the shimmer are all silky fine. However, these shadows don't last long unless I apply them over UDPP, in which case they will stay on for the whole day.

The colors of the palette create a very feminine and elegant look that's great for work or going out. I love how the combination of colors work together to give me this wide-eyed innocent look that's not overly-makeupy. My favorite color is the lavender, which is very refined and not at all gaudy. The silver color also works wonders as a highlighter. I think the pigmentation level of the shadows in this quad is great, but it may seem too sheer for you ladies who are used to MAC.

The packaging is very pretty, but not the greatest since fingerprints tend to get all over it easily. The two dual-ended applicators that come with the quad are of great quality. Each has a brush on one end and a sponge applicator on the other.