Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

on 8/20/2015 9:22:00 PM

I have tried numerous foundations and BB creams and this seems to be the only one that I actually would repurchase.

Pros:
You can apply this numerous times and it will not look cakey.
Medium coverage
Just looks damn good, you will not look like you are wearing foundation I cannot stress this enough.

Cons:
If you're oily I could imagine this slipping a bit, but a bit of power will stop this.
Not the products fault but it's a bit of effort purchasing this as you cannot just pick one up from any local stores unless you live in Korea.

on 8/10/2015 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I received a sample of this with some tony moly products I purchased a while back and finally gave it a try today. I feel like people online regularly rave about korean BB creams, but because I knew they were formulated specifically for asian skin/skintones, I was decidedly apprehensive about how the product would perform on my fair, caucasian skin.

pros:
-filled in a lot of pores my foundation doesn't typically fill in
-medium to heavy coverage - covered my discoloration enough that I didn't feel compelled to touch up with concealer. I used the entire sample so it's possible I simply used too much, however...

cons:
-due to the severe brown/taupe/gray cast to this product (is there a range of shades??), I needed a ton for it to effectively blend in with my skintone. even then, it still looks warmer/pinker than my natural skin tone! very confusing
-feels incredibly heavy, I've only used one other BB cream (american brand) and it also felt sickeningly heavy on my skin. I'm not sure if this is typical of BB creams or if I just keep having to put too much on due to the fact that neither of the colors I've used so far were light/cool enough for me
-not cruelty-free. I now know tony moly isn't CF either since seeing it in Beijing stores, so I won't be repurchasing from them either, but because skin 79 contains animal-derived products (I'm guessing they actually used legit caviar as a source of ingredients? maybe I'm wrong?), I would have no desire to purchase this product even if I did like how it performed on my skin.
-also way way way way way too wet feeling. I enjoy the dewy look. but i do not enjoy feeling like i have moisturizer on after powder. whaaaaaat ??

I really cannot get over how bizarrely gray this stuff is. I have never used a product this dark, which is sort of mystifying because it's supposed to be 'whitening,' and I know korean beauty products often promise to lighten skin significantly. I use the lightest shades of US products almost exclusively and this was nowhere near being similar to anything I've used before in terms of color! perhaps it would work better on warmer, more yellow-based skintones; maybe the gray is color-correcting for those skin types. but on me, it looked very wrong.

I've always wanted to try an asian BB cream just to see what all the fuss was about and whether or not it could perform as well on my skin as I know it does korean/asian skin, but I'm disappointed. I'm not opposed to trying other BB creams in the future but so far, not so good.

on 8/2/2015 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like this BB. It's a classic goes on sort of thick and gray but adapts (some) and covers a lot of flaws I have the new version in the tube, with caviar and gold, so apparently it's less gray and more yellow.. This only comes in one shade is not for everyone, but it happens to work for me NC20. I took off a point because for that. I love it's thick and creamy and has great coverage. Doesn't irritate my skin. On a bad day makes me look like I have good skin. I have dry pale skin with a lot of redness around my nose from SF and dark circles. Large red areas are hard to cover if you are red. I picked this version, because a couple of NC20 people liked it and does not have triclosan (evil anti microbial that is banned many places and can lead to super bugs).. Said to have anti aging and whitening, but that is part is hard to judge. This has been reformulated and is no longer in one of those little cans and the shade is less gray and has some new ingredients. . I liked the cans. I thought the pink one looked like a tiny can of TAB. .Now it comes in gold tube with a nice pump.

I sometimes warm BB creams up on the back on my hand, as the heat melts it and they spread better. Often I justuse fingers and again the heat helps spread them. It will spread evenly. You could use a beauty blender or brush or puff though. This is thick going on and gray, but adapts and has some yellow undertones. The scent is very mild. It's buildable medium very decent coverage.. It makes my raw skin actually feel less irritated. It really covers up the redness, blurs pores. The finish is dewy but not super dewy. I think some combo skin types could wear it. I am dry and it works well for me and holds up to sunscreens. I hate anything that cakes up on me. It looks like makeup and feels like it, but not like heavy makeup.

I use ELDW 1C1, LM Silk in Cream Ivory, , Holilka Petit Moisture BB fits me, Hada Labo BB, Laneige cusion in light and like the forumlations of all those if that helps.

My sister and I bought this online after playing around with it at an Asian beauty store. I'm so glad we did. We both have similar skin tones, however I'm very pale and she is a few shades darker.

The day it came we both tried it and immediately were shocked at the way our skin looked. Our pores were blurred away and while it didn't cover in much in the way of acne spots, it gave us a general evened-out tone with the most natural finish (maybe a bit more dewy than natural, but we both prefer that.) My mother saw how good it looked and she ended up ordering it because it surprisingly worked for her skin as well, even though she's vastly darker than us.

The one thing I will say though, after using it a couple more times I noticed that because I'm so pale, it never quite oxidizes well on me, leaving me with a weird grey cast. To solve this, I just add a drop of some pink based foundation to half a pump of the BB cream and it's perfect.

I'd recommend this to any pale girls who struggle with trying to find a foundation with the right undertone, one that isn't too yellow/pink/orange. This is a really light beige and it just looks so natural.

THIS STUFF IS GREAT.
Also it lasts really well, and if you have to touch it up, it blends seamlessly with the product you already have on which is awesome.

on 3/22/2015 3:04:00 PM

So... i was in love with this product, but it broke my heart (and broke out my skin). I haven't ordered the whole product, just samples. One sample was enough for 2 days. Very little amount goes a long way! The color is just perfect for me, the best fit i have ever found (i'm very pale, olive-yellow). As i'm not a morning person, i loved that just pushed a bit product on my hand, smudge a bit, then just spread it on my face (no risk of discovering a big fat brush trace on my nose after a meeting). I fixed it with a shitty powder, but i could go to surgeries (holding patients' limbs, stand for 2 hours), and at the end of the day i still looked flawless! But... i have a very sensitive skin. I got a couple of big, ugly pimples. So... i guess i'll save the rest of the samples for special occasions, when i have to look perfect... sigh.

on 3/15/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Way better than the foundations you buy over here in north america. It does not feel heavy at all but yet it conceals everything you need it to. It also contains spf and whitening formulas so its like everything you would want put in to one product! Definitely recommend you to get it. If you have a bit tanner skin then it will make you skin look a bit paler at first but then it sets and it ends up matching your natural skin tone which is great.

on 3/6/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my summer Bb cream. It is a bit too dark for me under normal circumstances. I like the texture a lot and it blends excellently. A little goes A LONG way though.

on 2/16/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised by the number of positive reviews. I used it once and never again because it was significantly darker than my skin color and therefore unusable. I do recall appreciating the dewy finish and fairly impactful coverage, but I was disappointed that the shade was darker than described by others. (In fact, after just Google Image searching the product, seemingly comparably fair-skinned women are able to use this product, so I am confused.)

I don't remember this product causing more than several clogged pores, but I don't think I would give this another try. Facial product testing is risky, and I don't feel this product warrants a second chance. I am storing it until I find someone who can use it.

on 2/1/2015 3:09:00 PM

This product has been consistently great for me and my combo skin.

It's hydrating and doesn't highlight any flakiness (provided my skin is adequately moisturized). It has relatively good coverage and provides a great dewy finish. I love the rich texture of the cream.

The finish might not be for everyone, but as the days goes on, a few blots in my t-zone and my skin looks healthy and glowy.

I haven't experienced any major breakouts/pimples with this product.

The packaging is a little clunky, but I remove the outer shell to reduce bulk.

I have gone through about 3 bottles and I have several backups ready. Will definitely repurchase

on 1/16/2015 1:37:00 PM

I remember when the Korean BB Cream started. I ordered my first & only one from Amazon. I wanted to love it. I really did. It did HELP my skin because it was a bit hydrating and it had that "blur" effect with my pores. Although it had a HORRIBLE gray tint once it oxidized on my skin, it looked like a face mask. They don't offer many colors at all. The one major plus was that it was super cheap. Stay away from this unless you're very pale and this doesn't make you look like a corpse.