Smashbox O-Bronze

2.6

on 1/27/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was so dissapointed by this product! First of all it smells gross! The tube is tiny and really expensive, and it has a tint of orange not brown bronze to it.

When the beads burst you end up havong more color in some parts than others, and plus i have the exact same thing for cheaper better smell and better color at target its a moisturizer by soap and glory. So def will not repurchase! What a waste of moneyyyyy!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. I have been using this for a while and now feel like I can review it. At first I though "Holy crap! This does NOTHING for my skin." Then I found out you have to use a bit more product for it to show. I don't use it as a bronzer, since I prefer powder bronzers. I mix it with my moisturizer to even out my skin tone before applying my foundation (I use powder foundation). Used like that, it makes my skin look glowy and a bit more tan. I don't think I'd buy it again, though. The reason? The price. I'd rather keep on buying my O-Glow :)

on 7/14/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was utterly dissappointed with this product. It honestly is CRAP. I put it on and NOTHING came up. I can't even imagine how long it stays on for! I was so disappointed especially since I'm a big fan of the Smashbox o-glow!

on 6/1/2009 5:44:00 PM

My girlfriend gave me this so fortunately I didn't waste any money, but that being said there's no way I'd pay for this. Another reviewer described it as a dirty orange and that about sums it up. I can see how/why it draws people in with the whole bead thing and the claim that i'll turn you your custom shade of bronze but there's nothing custom about it - I'm pretty sure that sweet-potato orange is not my custom color! And $26? That's ridiculous. However, if you're still drawn to it (I was anxious to try it too!) go to Sephora and test it first.
I passed it onto my girlfriend who has a medium complexion and for her it works. Thus, if you already have tanned skin this product may be good for you, so I've given it 2 lippies, but if you're fair and looking for something to give you a sun-kissed look then keep looking.

on 5/13/2009 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

YIKES. A sa at Ulta showed this to me, and we just swatched it on the back of my hand. It turned a shade of intense, dirty orange--horrific! Even the sa was like "Umm, I don't know about this. You'd have to really blend it in a whole lot..." In order for me to blend it enough for it to look good, I'd have to blend it right off my face. There's no way I'd buy this.

on 3/23/2009 5:45:00 PM

I really like this for a quick bronze on the skin instead of having to use a (self tanner the day before) I just put this all over neck and face, then concealer then powder foundation.... Tada.... a perfect bronze looking complexion.... love

on 3/10/2009 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! I was very excited when I heard Smashbox came out with a new product from the O line as a bronzer! Like all other O products, this has the gogi berry-c complex which helps firm and brighten the skintone, It comes out as a white cream shade with tiny microbeads of bronze that once are broken open they turn out to be your flattering bronze shade. I tried using a foundation brush, also my mac 168 angled blush brush, or just my fingers. Fingers are best to blend the beads out. I feel I have to use a lot for it to show up on my NC35 skintone. It does give me a pretty and natural bronze glow to my cheeks which I love! I believe it's 26.00 and found at Ulta.

UPDATE: Took a lippie off because i did it again the next day and applying it just wiped my foundation/bronzer/powder i had on right off..you have to use a lot to get it to show up. I hate that it did that because i have leftover acne marks on my cheeks that i like to cover and this just showed them because i basically removed all that just to apply this...if only my skin was the way it used to be..

Popular Bronzers