July 29, 2014 | 1220 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Face Sculpting Trio

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Yogigirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fair skin and bought the Sunkissed Organics and it feels lightweight and natural. Great product! I can't stand heavy face make-up and at 40 years old, I have good skin and I don't want to highlight any minor wrinkles. The bronzer looks natural unlike other bronzers I've used that feel really heavy and fake. I also like the fact that there are no parabens or harsh chemicals. I'm big into Non-GMO (with my food choices and my beauty products). Unlike the other complaints, I really don't care about the packaging because obviously, they used recycled materials (fits with the organic packaging and I like that the brush is made from natural hair). My skin has a tendency to be sensitive so an all natural product works better for me. I've always been a fan of Physicians Formula and it's nice to see them doing their part for the environment. I'm tired of all the chemicals and junk in make-up. We already are subjected to every day toxins in our environment so it's nice to use a product that helps protects the skin from environmental toxins.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by deedub123

I had high hopes for this product, but I won't buy it again. I DO like the lightest highlighting color and it looks good to highlight under my brows because it's not too shimmery... but that's about it, and I HATE the smell of this stuff! It stinks like a super-strong beeswax candle, and when I used it on my whole face I was sure that I reeked like a walking beeswax candle for hours, ick.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jordana713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Intially, I thought the concept of a powder, highlighter and bronzer in one would be great for on the go, but this product falls flat. The packaging sucks. Each little arc of product is so hard to swipe correctly with the wonky little brush. I don't like that the face powder is located next to the bronzer because every time I tried to apply the powder, I got a swipe of bronzer into it. And the bronzer is so much darker than what I would normally pair with that color face powder. And don't even try swirling them all together for a glowy, bronzy flush; doesn't work. The packaging is big and bulky, and the lids on both sides do not stay closed when being jostled around in a purse.
The biggest negative about this product? It's price. It's close to $15 retail. I bought it on sale, and with a coupon, and I still paid $10 for it. That's what sucks the most about it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually rather like this. But I would only give it a 3.5 for several reasons:
- It's expensive and not very pigmented. I got this as 75% off at CVS so only paid just over 2 bucks. I would not have bought this full price
- The packaging kind sucks. It's cute and good for the environment but so flimsy and easily torn not to mention bulky, you'd be angry if you paid full price. I purposely ripped off the tray part that holds the brush b/c I have no plans of using the brush so that makes it slightly smaller
- The colors seem a little...off. Maybe because they're not pigmented. I got the 2nd to lightest but if it really was pigmented would need the lightest. However they didn't have that at my CVS and I wouldn't have bought this if it were not on sale.

All that said, it's decent - for 75% off. I do not suggest this for the $10-$14 they charge full price. But for $2-$4, it's a nice everyday highlight/bronzer all in one place. Works well for pale skin. But if you're looking to drop full price for a PF highlight/bronzer, I suggest you go for the Pearls of Perfection ones (the new version, not the crappy loose colored balls in the glorified Tupperware bowl from several years ago that for some reason are still sold some places).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Doing a clean out of products, I came across this. I got it with the brushes included for dirt cheap and I do like the brushes. Anyway, if you got this on a great sale and the color payoff is not working....try this. I concentrated a small blush brush into the bronzer only, coated well, tap of excess as usual and just concentrated on the cheeks...it worked very well, I like it. It's a matte bronzer...no sparkles. So women over a certain age will appreciate this. I then dipped a small brush into the highlighter part and ran across the tops of cheek bones...not too much, just a tad. So try this if you got it dirt cheap and don't want to waste it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. You can't over-do it. That's why I like it. My complexion is light to medium. I use tinted moisturizer. Then set with a mixture of the powder and highlighter, then I sweep over the bronzer to sculpt around my face. It looks so natural and glowy. That's really all I need and it looks great. It's a little pricy but it's organic &I love it. I will definately keep repurchasing.

This is not for those who like want that really dark look. But definately for those who like the more natural sun kissed look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by gorosheeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

As some other reviewers have said, this doesn't have a whole lot of pigmentation -which makes it perfect for an uberpale person like myself. It gives me the barest kiss of color and shimmer, and doesn't break me out. Also, I love the green packaging, and the fact that it has brush storage and a mirror behind the powder. I got the compact and an Ecotools brush trio for about $5 at Ross. <3 bargain shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

LOVE IT!! Got it in Sunkissed, and it made my skin look all glowy. I mostly used it as a setting powder, blending it and then brushing it all over, but I did notice that it has a really weird smell. The brush is really scratchy but spreads it well, so if you can deal with the scratchiness, the I would recommend using it. If you can't, well toss it and use your own brush :) the powder is a little hard to brush up at first, but in the fifth or sixth try it started working perfectly.(:

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by hAppynote

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There was no pigmentation in any of the colors. There was an odd smell to it too that lingered on the brush and on your face after awhile. The highlighter portion had a nice fine shimmer to it that would've made this product worthwhile to me, but the smell was just too much. Would not recommend or repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by theleaningelm

All three shades are waaay too light for me, so I've been using it as a highlighter until I realized an alternative use for it: setting powder.

No, there is no color payoff, and the powder wears off fairly quickly (I clock in about 4 hours on average), but it keeps my foundation in place, and gives me an airbrushed look that I'm loving. (Ditch the scratchy, flimsy brush and use your own powder brush)

Of course, for the price, you could easily buy yourself pressed powder instead, but my mom gifted this to me and I'm trying to use it up. Waste not, want not.