April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder in Deep

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really like this bronzer. It's a deep matte brown. It's perfect for contouring your cheeks. I've also used it as an eye shadow. The textrue is very smooth. It blends easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on bronzer kick as of late and I got this bronzer to complement my skin during the summer. The Medium shade is a tad bit too light for me in the summer.
The key with the Deep bronzer is to use a light touch, otherwise you'll end up looking like you've got red mud on your face. I took off one lippie for this reason - the colour is a bit on the red side.
This is a great shade for darker skin tones.
I dislike shimmery bronzers and love that this matte. I agree about the packaging and it is expensive but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cindyyuk

When I am tan in the summer, this is the only bronzer that I use! Besides make up forever which sephora stopped selling in stores, Bobbi Brown is the only matte bronzer that has deep tan shades. Other companies stop at a certain shade that doesn't even show up on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me this is just Ok... Its matte which is good, but I think it's a little bit too red on me. It's still is the best bronzer I've found. I think they coud work on the packaging, since it breaks and then you can't close it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a MAC NC44-45 and I love this bronzer. All I need to do is apply it with a light hand but otherwise the Bronzing Powder in Deep is not too red nor is it too orange or too brown. I love it because it livens up my foundation and keeps me from looking too dead and it adds a bit of natural contour. Of course I will wear it during the winter and the summer. On the cheeks Deep is like the perfect blush color most of the time too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by NQQ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great bronzer for women of colour!!!! (e.g. black, indian etc skintones)

Like many other women, I've been on a hunt for a while for a matte bronzing powder. I personally have nothing against standard shimmery/highlighting bronzers and have a couple of old faves of my own but I was keen on achieving the understated yet impacting effect of a matte bronzer. I love how Bobbi has provided us brown women with quality matte bronzers (Deep & Dark), something that I've found to be very rare as most matte bronzers are suited for skin tones ranging from fair, olive & tanned - not deeper shades of brown unfortunately.

Furthermore, I was attracted to this bronzer as it has a caramel brown underrtone as opposed to a rosey/reddish one, which I try to stay away from as I feel I can achieve a rosy bronzed effect with a regular blush product. (This is the reason why I was drawn to 'Deep' rather than the 'Dark' shade which has a more obvious rosy/reddish undertone - in my opinion Deep still has an element of this rosy undertone but its very subtle with the caramel undertone being the influencing base colour.

It's summer now but I can still see myself using this continuously later on in the year, which is when I feel bronzers really help bring a healthy glow to my face.

GREAT PRODUCT! (Packagings pretty bulky - pretty sure its the largest compact I own to date but this is't something I care strongly about. - the product inside is worthwhile so thats all that counts for me) - hoping this review will be insightful for other darker women looking for a matte bronzer - there seems to be very few and BB's is No.1

(For reference I'm inbetween MACs NC45 & NC50 shades. I mix the two to achieve my perfect shade.)

THANKS BOBBI!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by kdek004

Big rave for this product. I actually have pretty fair (NW20) skin, but I love how dark and pigmented this is. I can use a VERY small amount and it shows up and makes me look like I'm just glowing. With a lot of other bronzers I feel like I have to pile it on to get it to show up - but this looks so much more natural. I love it. And because I use such a small amount each time, it will last forever - making it a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer. I'm a C40 in MAC, deep olive tone complexion. I've been looking for a bronzer that wouldn't oxidize on me, but actually dark enough to give off more of a tan/glowy complexion. This does the job for me.

I have been using Benefit Hoola for the past year. It's the HG bronzer for others, but for me I found it pretty lacklustre. It just never really *DID* anything. It was there on my face, I could see the darker brown shade where I packed it on along my cheekbones but it was just nothing-ness. No POP whatsoever.

The difference between this and Hoola is, Bobbi Brown is way way way WAY more pigmented. I think this would be ideal for girls about C40 and up, even the darkest shades could make this work if they want that hint of warmth ont their skin. Benefit on the other hand is a lot harder to build up the colour, and while Hoola is a shade darker than my skintone, it failed to really make a difference to my look or add any dimension to my face whatsoever. It's more of a matte true brown shade, it reminds me of cement for some reason. Bobbi Brown is a lot warmer almost a terracotta brown. But don't be alarmed. That's what makes this brown shade work better.

The MUA looked at my skin and thought I'd be better matched to Natural, but I knew that would be on par with Hoola which did zero for me, so against her judgement I chose the second darkest in the range, Deep, and thank GOD I did! Deep is the perfect contour shade for my cheeks. I don't use it all over my face since I'm already naturally deep complected, I prefer to add a dash of it here and there to give me the healthy look in the right places. This was what I wanted Hoola to be, plus more.

Update - It's been about two weeks since I first started using it. I used it every single day. Today Ive noticed about 5 tiny little bumps under the skin where my cheekbone is on the right side. I've had two on the other side. I am sensitive and somewhat acne-prone but my acne is under control. The ingredients in this bronzer aren't the most friendly. And they've come all at the same time. Hmmm :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product but I don't love it. I bought it because I was hoping I could get away with just some bronzer and some blush this summer. Needless to say, my skin didn't want to play that game. With such a hot summer I didn't want to pile on bronzer on top of all the other makeup I was wearing so I haven't used it much. On top of that, even with such little use, the button on the compact broke so now it wont close. Wouldn't repurchase because, 1. I'll never run out and 2. I've found that I don't really need bronzer with my already tan skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by grayeyes043

Been searching for bronzers for my complexion....some of them are either way to shimmery....or just give this nasty ashy look.
Well, if you are looking for a perfect matte bronzers this is it.
It isn't just a brown shade...but like a dark reddish, brownish color....amazing color. Makes me look healthy in the winter when I tend to look like death.
Great for contouring.
Decent amount of product but beware the cost is a bit steep but I think it is worth while.
The compact iteself looks amazing.
No nasty smell to it.
Love this product ...will buy again.