The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Olea Europaea Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Saccharide Isomerate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Buxus Chinensis Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Parfum, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Retinyl Palmitate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Hydroxycitronellal, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citric Acid, CI 14700.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If you're looking for a moisturizer for flaky winter skin, this isn't it. It's supposed to be "intense moisture" but after a few hours, my skin was flaking and dry again. For this much money I expect my moisturizer to, you know, actually moisturize.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anything like this that is heavy and extremely moisturising deserves praise if it doesn't brake you out. I've used it now for several years, I always stock up on it and buy a few jars when the body shop have discount codes and offers. It smells amazing, its only a bit greasy considering what it does most creams like that are far more greasier than this. It calms my skin down, its like a miracle product for me. I would prefer nice bottle with a pump, body shop...please think about it? :-) I also use the vitamin e toner, eye cream and cleanser which all deserve a 5 star rating.

I've used this product for quite a while, i'm actually on my second one!
It really worked out great for me in the beginning, cleared my skin and made it look nice and bright. The good thing about it is that a little goes a long way, meaning you get good value for your money.

Although I did have great results with it in the beginning, for some reason, the scent is kind of overwhelming for me now and it doesn't make my skin feel moisturized, but oily. It's never given me a break out or any problems and it's amazing for those days when your skin is all patchy and dry from acne medication.

Just love it. Work wonder on my skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

----UPDATED UNDER THE LINE---

This is a so-so product. I found the smell a little strong for me personally as I'm used to non-smelling moisturisers but it wasn't much of an issue. I also found that this didnt break me out or cause any redness, a plus for my sensitive skin! However, it left my skin dry. I know, it states it's moisture intense but honestly? My skin started to flake off two days after using this, and my skin NEVER flakes off! I found that I had to apply a lot to my face for it to feel moisturised as it just sunk straight in leaving my skin quite tight, the tub is also tiny compared to my LUSH moisturiser so I don't think it's worth the price. I Will be going back to my celestial moisturiser by LUSH.

-------------------------------------

UPDATE: 22/3/15 Ok, so maybe I jumped to quickly to conclusions with this moisturiser as it does actually work. I've gotten so used to the smell now that i can hardly smell anything at all, it has helped my skin become plumper and makes it look more hydrated, my makeup even applies more smoothly with this and i've had no reactions whatsoever, no rashes and no breakouts. A plus! At first, i think my skin was getting used to a new formula but now my skin looks and feels even better than before. I'm so glad i stuck it out with this moisturiser and highly recommend it.

I absolutely love this moisturiser. I've always used e45 but I've found that it's just not good enough to moisturise my face during the cold winter months. I bought this because it was for very dry skin and although very pricey I think it's worth it for how great my skin has been recently. No more flakey foundation finally! It stung a little the first time I used it - my face have been used to the mildness of e45 for so long but the next day it was fine and now 2 weeks in I've had no spots and no dry patches! Total result.

This is one of my staple facial products. I used to be on a different brand of birth control pill, and when I switched, my skin got really dry. At the time, I was using Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 (which I had been happy using for years), but when I switched pills, my skin became dry and Olay wasn't cutting it. I used to use The Body Shop's Vitamin E cleanser when I was in high school, so I decided to give some of the other products in the same line a try. The regular Vitamin E moisturizer (with the black lid) isn't really good...but the Intense Moisture Cream works great for dry skin! I started using this and the Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash. They've worked wonders on my skin, which is no longer dry, and since then I've been using them for a couple or so years now.

The price is a bit steep to me ($21 for a 1.7oz jar.) I usually buy when TBS is having a 40% off sale and if you have a Love My Body membership with them, it's another 10% off. One jar usually lasts me 2-3 months. It works great under my make up, and I also apply a daily sunscreen on top and tinted moisturizer. The packaging is alright...I think a pump would be more sanititary, but the jar allows you to use up all the product. I'll keep repurchasing until I find something better!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've never written a review before but this product broke me out in the most ridiculous way.
I've never really had spots before, like the odd one or two at the time of the month.
But this has broken me out in a way I've never experienced I have massive spots on my cheeks which is somewhere I've never ever had spots.
I thought it may just be my skin getting used to the new product but the more I use it the worse it gets. I was seeing a new spot everyday and since stopping using it and started using lush my skin is a lot better.
Same thing happened to my mum.
Will not be recommending this ever.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

First time i am leaving a review but anyone who has sensitive skin stay away from this product! Everytime i put this on it stung my skin and massive amounts of my skin would rub off while i put this on with my fingers! Stay away! I have never had this reaction with any product ever! Im going back to using vitamin E capsules for my skin, id rather have a sticky face overnight than this!

I bought this with some trepidation. I have an oily t-zone with dry cheeks. The skin on my nose gets very congested on top of the oiliness. I thought this might be a bit much but went ahead because it was close to winter and i knew my cheeks would get a battering. I was very wrong to doubt it. It's lovely. Rich, good under make up. Doesn't overwhelm my nose and forehead and doesn't break me out. Stopped my cheeks getting dry. Will be repurchasing - I love it.