November 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Skye555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my staple facial products. I used to be on a different brand of birth control pill, and when I switched, my skin got really dry. At the time, I was using Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 (which I had been happy using for years), but when I switched pills, my skin became dry and Olay wasn't cutting it. I used to use The Body Shop's Vitamin E cleanser when I was in high school, so I decided to give some of the other products in the same line a try. The regular Vitamin E moisturizer (with the black lid) isn't really good...but the Intense Moisture Cream works great for dry skin! I started using this and the Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash. They've worked wonders on my skin, which is no longer dry, and since then I've been using them for a couple or so years now.

The price is a bit steep to me ($21 for a 1.7oz jar.) I usually buy when TBS is having a 40% off sale and if you have a Love My Body membership with them, it's another 10% off. One jar usually lasts me 2-3 months. It works great under my make up, and I also apply a daily sunscreen on top and tinted moisturizer. The packaging is alright...I think a pump would be more sanititary, but the jar allows you to use up all the product. I'll keep repurchasing until I find something better!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Ellesmart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never written a review before but this product broke me out in the most ridiculous way.
I've never really had spots before, like the odd one or two at the time of the month.
But this has broken me out in a way I've never experienced I have massive spots on my cheeks which is somewhere I've never ever had spots.
I thought it may just be my skin getting used to the new product but the more I use it the worse it gets. I was seeing a new spot everyday and since stopping using it and started using lush my skin is a lot better.
Same thing happened to my mum.
Will not be recommending this ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by harpyharp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time i am leaving a review but anyone who has sensitive skin stay away from this product! Everytime i put this on it stung my skin and massive amounts of my skin would rub off while i put this on with my fingers! Stay away! I have never had this reaction with any product ever! Im going back to using vitamin E capsules for my skin, id rather have a sticky face overnight than this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by TinkyBlink

I bought this with some trepidation. I have an oily t-zone with dry cheeks. The skin on my nose gets very congested on top of the oiliness. I thought this might be a bit much but went ahead because it was close to winter and i knew my cheeks would get a battering. I was very wrong to doubt it. It's lovely. Rich, good under make up. Doesn't overwhelm my nose and forehead and doesn't break me out. Stopped my cheeks getting dry. Will be repurchasing - I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by fikhndyni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A recommended must have items for very dry skin like me.
I use this everyday before i put all my makeup on. After applying it, i let it sink to my skin for about 5-10 mins and then put on my make up and it works wonder.

I've tried the Vitamin E moisture before the one with the black top on it, but it's not as good as this one. Maybe because it's an Intense Moisture cream so it really moist my skin well.

The creamy texture of this product don't really make me sweat a lot like other moisturizer did. So Yeah, will repurchase. The only cons is, of course it's pricey. Worth the price tho.
Thx.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this cream a lot especially after peels because it hydrates my skin without making it greasy or breaking me out. It is fast absorbing,moisturizing, and has a pleasant smell. My mom used this to hydrate after her TCA peel and she loved it too and she's super picky. It's a good product that does the job. For me I have combo/oily skin that gets dry during the colder months. This works great for me without leaving me greasy. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the tub a squeeze bottle would be awesome. Otherwise though it's a great moisturizer no frills just a good product for dry skin or dry patches. I love it because it get's rid of dry skin flakes so when I wear my BB Cream I don't look like a bearded dragon;)

Good stuff I have been using it for months with no adverse reaction and a little goes a long way. I breakout very easily so this is a good product because i get the hydration I need without clogging my pores. Great product and I would definitely repurchase it especially with Winter coming. Totally Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This broke me out, I think that it is the wrong cream for my skin type though, so it would probably work well for someone with very dry non acne-prone skin. I liked the smell and texture of this cream a lot but it wasn't for me. Not a fan of the tub packaging either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Smurf72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been thru several tubs of this stuff already. I was having trouble with dry, flaky skin and I made the mistake of over-exfoliating to make things worse. A Saleslady at Beauty Brands tried to sell me a $75 kit from Philosophy to fix the problem but I decided I could probably find something way more affordable. I already had been using the body shop body butters so I went in to look at their face products. I picked up this Vitamin E Intensive Moisture cream and I am hooked. It sinks in and doesn't leave any kind of oily film on the skin. Just a moisturized face-It is great. I do NOT like that oily feeling from creams and lotions. It works perfectly fine under my make up and keeps the flakies away. I usually buy all my tbs products when they are having sales or when I have built up some rewards points and I have a $15 or $25 off coupon. I am a hardcore body shop fan when it comes to lotions and cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by bisco

So rich and buttery. I'm hooked on this line from The Body Shop. I have acne prone skin with many products, the wrong ingredient can break me out. Over all my skin is clear, I just have to be careful. Even worse, because my skin is sensitive and combinational I can't use something like cetaphil or something harsh like proactiv. This is a staple for me, it makes my skin baby soft and healthy looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tinarae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product because it is so creamy and feels so nice to put on your face. However, my skin is just too oily for such a rich cream since it is winter time I have dry patches on my cheeks so I thought this would be okay, but I would definitely recommend this to people who don't have oily skin or combination skin that leans more to the oily side. Oh and definitely good for people with sensitive skin I had no reaction to this moisturizer.
Also just as a side note I always hate buying moisturizers or anything that is supposed to be used on my face in a jar like this, just seems more unsanitary!