Mary Kay Signature Cream Lipstick in Frosted Rose

3.8

on 4/3/2010 1:07:00 AM

This is a beautiful warm rose lipstick that looks sophisticated with a neutral eye look. I think this is a fairly unusual color, I haven't seen a dupe from MAC. The only things I don't like about this lipstick is that it smells kind of waxy and dries out my lips.

on 11/12/2008 10:13:00 AM

First I had this in the original version of "Front Rose" a limited edition lip crayon that was waterproof. I love it and it lasts and also others loved it too as I've seen tested ones sell for $40 on Ebay. This is what "Frosted Rose" was based on. It isn't waterproof, but is slightly creamier than the pencil. There's a lot of frost to it, which I typically don't go for, but it works with this lighter shade. It's a dusty rose type shade that is so neutral. I prefered the original version of this shade, but since it's discontinued, I'll take the new lipstick version but that is why I rated a 4. I still recommend it if you like frosty and neutral rose.

on 7/31/2006 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

It's a very pretty shimmery medium rose. The taste is a bit plastic-y, though.

Pretty, wearable color, but I don't expect to wear it much when I have so many of those wonderful MAC frosts on hand. I much prefer them.

on 3/16/2006 4:16:00 PM

Frosted Rose is a very shimmery mid tone dusty rose. It is very frosty. So it has a silvery tone over the darkish, muted rose. It looks terrific with Dusty Rose liner and Pink Pout lip gloss (a darkish rose) over it. Pink Pout is discontinued, but a mid raspberry muted gloss would work. The wear is very good--stays on long. There is a perfumey flavor that fades, I'm not fond of that, but overall, I love the look of this lipstick when worn with gloss and liner.

on 8/10/2004 9:37:00 PM

I don't often use MK Frosty Rose by itself. I have olive complexion and it hardly shows on me. However, I do blend it with my Plum and Black Raspberry lip color to soften it and also give it some shimmer. Overall, I do like Mary Kay lipsticks. They have a great selection of shades.

on 5/10/2003 11:12:00 AM

Really nice lipstick...just enough frosty. Good for all year round goes with basically any of your clothes... I would buy this again but I don't think I have to... it's going to last a while.

I love this color! It's a lightly frosty color, not overpowering on the frost, plus it's long lasting. The texture is not as creamy as some lipsticks but the staying power is definitely better. I'll trade creamy for lasting any day! The color is rather neutral and goes well with much of my wardrobe. This has become one of my favorite lip colors.

on 2/22/2003 8:56:00 PM

What a versatile color! Love using it with MK's dusty rose lipliner. It's such a pretty color and stays on my lips nicely.

on 7/28/2002 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

They finally made a lipstick version of my favorite "Front Rose" Waterproof lipcrayon. A classy flattering shimmery pink. I love it! UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.

Popular Lipsticks