April 17, 2014 | 1279 users online

Cleansers - Kose - Sekkisei Seikisho Perfect Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by yh1921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for more than 5 years now and kept going back to it. It thoroughly cleans and removes dead skin at the same time. Price is a lot cheaper than some other big brands and one bottle lasts for ages! Would definitely recommend it to anyone! Absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by isis0

HG makeup remover. Takes a full face of makeup off in a few seconds. It only works for removing all of the makeup though, as it needs to be washed off. I apply it with dry hands on a dry face and give myself a quick massage. I don't detect any smell and it washes off easily without leaving any residue. Skin is left soft if ever so slightly on the dry side and I haven't experienced any breakouts from this at all. You might want to follow with a cleanser though, as it's a simple formula without skin caring benefits. As for the price, it's okay as you get a decent amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I picked up a bottle of this after running out of my usual makeup remover. As part of the Japanese double-cleansing skincare regime, this oil makeup remover aims to dissolve all the remains of makeup (ncluding water-proof mascara).Upon contact with water, it emulsifies and leaves skin already somewhat clean. I still follow up with a separate cleanser after this, and it does leave my skin perfectly clean.

I don't have any complains on this product. It does not leave my skin taut, yet it does not leave any film of oil or whatsoever upon using. This cleansing oil is lightly fragranced, but unless if you're super sensitive to scent....this should work for you.

I highly recommend this, and would repurchase it over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's a good oil for the price ( It's pricy, but not too much). I like that I can use it on my eyes too. The oil removes any make-up completely.
It's easy to control the amount of oil you want to get from the bottle. The design of it is very nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by prettyfacades

I LOVE THIS OIL CLEANSER!!

It's mineral oil based, which is actually the quite a "safe" oil for acne prones if you get it off completely, more safe than Olive oil or rosehip oil.
Since this has emulsifiers in it, it rinses clean.

It's not too drying, unlike the DHC one. And doesn't break me out.

When I use it, it actually gets the oil clogs out of my skin. I use it with dry hands on dry skin. It has made my skin very smooth after a week of use.

It comes with a pump and a stopped to prevent it from leaking when you travel. The bottle is translucent blue plastic and looks very clean.

LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

Cleans as well as shu uemura and Fancl. It can take away any heavy makeup. It is very light weight and doesn't leave a greasy feel on your skin. It has a light floral scent that isn't too overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got two bottles of this from the kose anniversary sale for 35 SG dollars which would be 17.5 per bottle, just a couple of dollars more expensive compared to drugstore brands! If there's a sale, I would definitely buy again but at the normal price of 35, I'll have second thoughts because I would like to try cheaper cleansing oil.

Anyway, this oil emulsifies very easily, removes all traces of makeup including my majolica mascara. However, compared to shu uemura, shu uemura is more moisturising. Seikisho Perfect Cleansing Oil isn't drying, it leaves your skin feeling the way it is without moisturiser and makeup. Personally, I prefer shu uemura because my skin feels soooo moisturized! Kose simply cleans well but doesn't moisturize, neither does it strip away your moisture so if you're simply looking for a cleansing oil to remove your makeup, I would recommend kose! But if you want moisture and don't mind paying a lot more, get shu uemura!

As for me, I would choose kose because it is sooo much cheaper!

UPDATE: recently, I had a breakout due to a lot of factors- consumed too much fried/oily food, slept late, stress from school and my period came. I decided to switch my cleanser to an oil-based one even though I was not wearing any makeup or sunblock. ( I don't wear makeup daily so I only use this whenever I have makeup on. If I don't, I would simply use my normal cleanser) This is because oil-based make up removers are the best in cleansing dead skin, sebum, dirt and whatever stuff that clog pores. The result is that my pimples have subsided a lot the next day! I continued to substitute my normal cleanser with this one until my face cleared up in approx than 5 days!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by lizvan1985

when Kose comes out wit a new formula for their cleansing oil n it got a great review from a beauty magazine in singapore, i decided to try it. i was using Fancl cleansing oil before. eventhough it cleans my makeup really well, but it left my face feels sticky. kose perfect cleansing oil cleans my makeup thoroughly, and no sticky feeling =) i even used it to clean my majolica majorca mascara n MAC liquidlast liner. no difficulty at all =) but of course i always double cleanse my face after using e oil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

The Product line is actually Seikisho, not Sekkisei, but it's on Kose's Sekkisei website, and stores often refer to the Sekkisho line as Sekkisei.

This is the newer version of their original cleansing oil and comes in a pretty see through blue bottle. I've had it for a while but never bothered to use it until I finally decided I *had* to do something about my skin. One of my problems is that I have huge pores and they get clogged in the blink of an eye, so I know the best thing to do is use oil to get the impurities moving again, so i've been using this oil cleanser and then my Philosophy Purity afterward. I think this has been a great combo for me, and i'm finally tackling some of the sebum that i've been battling. It's comfortable to use. I just use 2 pumps and massage it over my face for a bit of a while, I love the feeling. i haven't had any negative responses and love using it. It does not leave me at all dried out, which is great. Very good price, $28 and will last you a long time. Sekkisei products can be bought on kose-usa.com, beauty.com, bath and body works. I love the large 6 oz size and pump dispenser. Not much of a scent and can be used on dry skin.

Here is the ingredient list:
MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM)• PEG-8 GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE• CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE• CYCLOMETHICONE• WATER (AQUA)• CHAENOMELES SINENSIS FRUIT EXTRACT• COIX LACRYMA-JOBI (JOB'S TEARS) SEED OIL• TOCOPHEROL• ALCOHOL• GLYCERIN• ISOSTEARIC ACID• PHENOXYETHANOL• FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No